The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

Wow, hope they can sign him.

Hopefully the Canucks can buy their own farm team. The Wolves have designated all the teams prospects to the ECHL. With control, Canucks can have their own players on their own team. Finally.

Tommernes-Price

Connauton- Corrado

Sauve- Andersson

Polasek

Maybe McNally depending on his situation.

:)

when all the roster movement is done i hope barker is back in vancouver and tommernes can play for the wolves. Hopefully on the powerplay, they will need support there with connauton gone.

I want no part of Barker on the Canucks. I don't even know if he'll have a positive impact on the Wolves.

Imo we should get rid of Barker and allow Tommernes to take his spot on whatever spot the AHL farm team has. We should develop a new core with the players we have look at our defense looks like a brand new core for the next generation.

when all the roster movement is done i hope barker is back in vancouver and tommernes can play for the wolves. Hopefully on the powerplay, they will need support there with connauton gone.

I agree. I don't see the point of rushing him into the NHL playing bottom pairing. I think it is better for him to get used to the NA game in AHL before joining the Nucks camp next season.

I agree. I don't see the point of rushing him into the NHL playing Bottom 6. I think it is better for him to get used to the NA game in AHL before joining the Nucks camp next season.

Considering there's only six spots (plus one press box seat), I think you might be confusing Tommernes with someone else. A forward maybe? I don't think anyone is expecting him to be NHL this year at all. It would be great to see if he can step in and have a positive impact but keep in mind the transition isn't always the smoothest even for pure offensive guys. Look at how dominant Rundblad was before shipping over and he didn't exactly set the world alight in his first season in the AHL. Patience will be key and here's hoping it'll pay off

I want no part of Barker on the Canucks. I don't even know if he'll have a positive impact on the Wolves.

he showed during the lockout he's effective at the AHL level. Hopefully if he is meant to stay in chicago he gets good minutes and is ready for a call up in the playoffs.

I did a quick search on Twitter and found this article about him... http://www.gp.se/sport/1.1490734-tommernes-narmar-sig-nhl

Poor Google translation:

Tömmernes approaching NHL

Frölunda season is over, but for Henry Tömmernes, 22, has just started. Ideally, the end of the World Cup - and the NHL.

- It would be great fun to draw, he says to the GP.

Frölunda hill just come from training. Because when most of the Indians players have taken holidays have the young talent a completely different focus.

He's going on an adventure - together with Pär Mårts. And Tre Kronor course.

World Cup in Stockholm approaching - and this time Vancouverdraftade Tömmernes a plan to take a place in the final squad.

- I'll take more initiative. Be more involved in the game. Scoring. We'll see how it goes - but I'll take a few steps, says Henrik to GP.

The national coach Pär Mårts the past three seasons, picked by Henrik Tömmernes the Three Crowns in exactly the same position. This year, he wants to see the development.

- Henry just gets better and better - and now it's time to take another step forward in the international game, says Mårts to GP.

Tömmernes agree.

- It's just so, it's time for it. I've had a good development, says Henry.

Moreover - he would get to the World Cup is guaranteed a contract with the Vancouver Canucks ready for endorsement. Maybe it does just whatever ...

- There are many pieces that must fall into place. I'm tempted to go over, but it may be good at home too, says Henrik.

Vancouver's representatives have seen Frölunda Hill in lots of matches - and have contact with Tömmernes agent.

Do you take anything - even if you end up in the AHL a season?

- Will I be offered a contract, some sort of place, it means that the club believes in me. And it feels great. Then it's up to me to fight for yourself. I will only run on the Three Crowns as far as possible, says Henrik.

Tömmernes has joined the Three Crowns of frölundaiterna Joel Lundqvist and Dick Axelsson. The team first meets Slovakia in Oskarshamn and Växjö (on Wednesday and Friday) - and then Latvia in Riga (7 and 8 april) in two battles.

Then, a new squad out.

I wonder if this "World Cup" referring to the upcoming World Hockey Championships? I'm not sure what else it could be... it'd be fantastic if he were able to make the Swedish team and we could see him compete on the international stage, and hopefully sign a contract also.

Considering there's only six spots (plus one press box seat), I think you might be confusing Tommernes with someone else. A forward maybe? I don't think anyone is expecting him to be NHL this year at all. It would be great to see if he can step in and have a positive impact but keep in mind the transition isn't always the smoothest even for pure offensive guys. Look at how dominant Rundblad was before shipping over and he didn't exactly set the world alight in his first season in the AHL. Patience will be key and here's hoping it'll pay off

Oops I meant bottom pairing. Mixed up the 6 Dmen and bottom pairing into one word. Thanks for picking it out.

Did some digging, and it turns out Tommernes was selected to join Sweden's pre-tournament roster for the World Championships. Not sure if he'll stay there once NHL players are added though, but it's definitely good to see. Currently they're playing a few exhibition games, which started with a game against Slovakia yesterday and another one tomorrow. They'll have two games against Latvia on April 7th & 8th, and also a few more pre-tournament games later this month against some of the other European teams.

Sweden beat Slovakia 6-1 yesterday, and Tommernes had two assists in the win: http://www.swehockey.se/Startsidesnyheter/2013/Februari2013/TreKronortillOskarshamnden3april/

• 3 weeks later...

Tommernes has been cut from Sweden's pre-camp World Championship roster, following their two games against Germany this weekend. (Sweden won on Saturday 8-0, and lost today 5-2). I haven't been able to find a gamesheet anywhere that says whether Tommernes played against Germany or not, but if he did he did not register any points. Had 3 assists in 4 games prior.

Article (just Google Translated and pasted):

Changes in the Three Crowns

Tre Kronor coach Pär Mårts makes a number of changes in Tre Kronor's squad for Germany Matches.

Before the Czech Hockey Games with Sweden-Russia in Kinnarps Arena, Jonkoping, at 19:00 on Thursday, 25 April 2013, the following changes:

Into the Tre Kronor squad will:

The goalie Johan Gustafsson, Lulea HF

Backen Johan Fransson, Luleå HF

The forward Linus Klasen, Lulea HF

These deleted from the Three Crowns Squad:

The goalie Linus Ullmark, MODO Hockey

The goalie Gustaf Wesslau, HV 71

Feedback Henrik Tömmernes, Frölunda HC

The forward Calle Ridder Wall, Düsseldorfer EC

A full squad for the Czech Hockey Games presented during Monday morning.

http://www.swehockey...ngariTreKronor/

I take it being 'deleted' means he's not on the team anymore. :P

• 2 weeks later...

The Canucks have to sign him by some date in May or June or something? I can't recall.

He has to sign by June 1st - not sure if that's on June 1st or the day before, I just read it in here yesterday: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=668600

Westerholm, Honzik, and Price also have to sign before then if we want to retain their rights.

He has to sign by June 1st - not sure if that's on June 1st or the day before, I just read it in here yesterday: http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=668600

Westerholm, Honzik, and Price also have to sign before then if we want to retain their rights.

Ooh, now we have something juicy to talk about. I believe our total signings is close to 50 if not already 50, and yes of course there are those like Rai which will most definitely expire. However, if it becomes a debate as to which young D we want to retain between Price and Tommernes, who do you guys think we will go with?

Archived