The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

So August 15th is the official deadline for this guy to sign in order to play in the AHL this year but with the logjam on D (Sulzer, Tanev, Connauton, Erixon, Sauve, Baumgartner, Matheson, Testwuide & Polasek) I guess that pretty much seals it. Tommernes back to the SEL...

So August 15th is the official deadline for this guy to sign in order to play in the AHL this year but with the logjam on D (Sulzer, Tanev, Connauton, Erixon, Sauve, Baumgartner, Matheson, Testwuide & Polasek) I guess that pretty much seals it. Tommernes back to the SEL...

Do you really think that's a bad thing though? I mean, outside of the fact that we won't be as capable of following him over there, I see no problem with him playing in that league. I suppose there's the fact that the Wolves will be playing a Canucks system style but that isn't a HUGE deal.

Do you really think that's a bad thing though? I mean, outside of the fact that we won't be as capable of following him over there, I see no problem with him playing in that league. I suppose there's the fact that the Wolves will be playing a Canucks system style but that isn't a HUGE deal.

The AHL is also a smaller ice surface which makes for a much bigger adjustment issue than learning new systems. This is my main concern since Tommernes will be needing at least one full year in the AHL to get used to the new rink which means that by staying in the SEL for an additional season he is at least two years away from the NHL instead of one. It's not all bad though as he probably needs the additional seasoning anyhow.

^ I agree, i think he would get more ice time in Sweden, great for his development.

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to see him wasting away as a healthy scratch in the AHL so there is a silver lining.

• 2 weeks later...

22 pts in 47 games with Elite? Jesus christ, slap this kid with a ticket to the AHL asap(when we have the room to fill in a PPQB like him)! He is a sleeper pick for sure and sounds like he has promising offensive talent on the paper. I really want to see this kid play now!

Anyone got the +/- numbers on him? Never mind, he is a -17.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=118546

Needs to get some defensive upside before I think he is ready for the AHL :/

22 pts in 47 games with Elite? Jesus christ, slap this kid with a ticket to the AHL asap(when we the room to fill in a PPQB like him)! He is a sleeper pick for sure and sounds like he has promising offensive talent on the paper. I really want to see this kid play now!

Anyone got the +/- numbers on him?

20 points

No	Name			Pos	GP	G	A	TP	PIM	SOG	SG%	PPG	SHG	GWG	GTG	+	-	+/-

7	Tömmernes, Henrik	RD	47	3	17	20	24	109	 3	0	0	0	0	29	46	-17

Hey does anyone know what the European Trophy is, I notice his team is playing in it right now? Plus when does the SEL start there regular season?

it's a little mini-preseason tourney for clubs in various leagues (not just sel) http://www.europeantrophy.com/. Frolunda starts their regular season on Sept 13th.

http://www.frolundaindians.com/sv/frolunda/a-laget/Resultat-och-Spelprogram/?qsKullID=1

info on the European Trophy

The 24 European Trophy teams are divided into 4 divisions: North, East, South and West. Each team play one game against the five other teams in the same division and one game against one team from each of the other three divisions, for a total of eight games per team.

The top two teams from each division qualify for the playoffs, the Red Bulls Salute, hosted by EC Red Bull Salzburg and played in Salzburg and Vienna on December 16-18.

If EC Red Bull Salzburg fail to qualify by reaching the top two places in the East Division, they will qualify as hosts. They will then take the playoff place of the second placed team in all groups with the least amount of points (see below for tie breaking).

North Division

Djurgårdens IF, HC Slavia Praha, HC Sparta Praha, HIFK, Jokerit, Luleå HF.

West Division

EC Red Bull Salzburg, Eisbären Berlin, Frölunda Indians, Färjestads BK, Tappara, TPS.

South Division

Adler Mannheim, HC Bílí Tygři Liberec, HC CSOB Pojistovna Pardubice, HC Kometa Brno, HV71, Linköpings HC.

East Division

HC Mountfield, HC Plzeň 1929, HC Slovan Bratislava, KalPa, Oulun Kärpät, Vienna Capitals.

http://www.europeantrophy.com/format.php

Here are Henrik's stats so far:

5GP 1G 2A 3PTS 12PIM

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Out of curiosity I decided to look up how this guy was doing. It looks like he's on pace to more or less match the point total he put up last year. More importantly though, he has an even +/-. That's hugely encouraging considering his -17 last season. Can't wait to see him in a Chicago jersey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived