The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

• 1 month later...

Tommernes had quite the game for Frolunda HC today, scoring 2 goals and adding an assist (1 of the goals a PP goal) in a 3-2 win over the Vaxjo Lakers. He had a total of 2 shots on net, a +1 rating and 21:17 of ice time.

At another board, someone from Sweden who is apparently quite familiar with Tommernes and Frolunda HC compared Tommernes heavily to Brian Rafalski. He mightily praised Tommernes' skating and offensive skills, while stating that mastering the defensive side of his game is simply a matter of time and getting over across the pond to North America.

At another board, someone from Sweden who is apparently quite familiar with Tommernes and Frolunda HC compared Tommernes heavily to Brian Rafalski. He mightily praised Tommernes' skating and offensive skills, while stating that mastering the defensive side of his game is simply a matter of time and getting over across the pond to North America.

Now that would shut up all the MG draft haters!

Tommernes had quite the game for Frolunda HC today, scoring 2 goals and adding an assist (1 of the goals a PP goal) in a 3-2 win over the Vaxjo Lakers. He had a total of 2 shots on net, a +1 rating and 21:17 of ice time.

I watched this game and he was really good. He earned his goals.

However he has been useless the other 4 games I have watched. Though he has some potential but comparing him with Rafalski would make even the most hardcore Frölunda fan laugh. I really hope Tömmernes makes it but I just cant see him in the NHL. Not enhough upside.

I watched this game and he was really good. He earned his goals.

However he has been useless the other 4 games I have watched. Though he has some potential but comparing him with Rafalski would make even the most hardcore Frölunda fan laugh. I really hope Tömmernes makes it but I just cant see him in the NHL. Not enhough upside.

Well Rafalski was undrafted and didn't enter the NHL until he was 26. Seems to me he didn't have much upside when he was 22 either. He could barely cut it in the SEL at 22, so he went to the SM-liiga, which is when he really started to develop.

If Tommernes can skate really well, shoot, and play at both ends of the ice, he's got a chance. We'll just have to wait and see just like with every other prospect.

Tommernes had a fairly uneventful game in comparison to his last. He finished with no points, an even rating, 4 shots on net and 21:53 of ice time for Frolunda in a 4-0 win over Rogle BK.

Needless to say, I'm just looking at boxscores and watching highlights for the Euro prospects like Tommernes so if there are any fans across the pond who follow the SEL that would like to comment in more detail, it would be much appreciated!

Tommernes and Frolunda HC were shut out 2-0 by Skelleftea AIK today. Tommernes finished with 2 shots on goal, a -1 rating and 22:26 of ice time.

His time on ice was only 2nd to Fredrik Eriksson's 24:19, which suggests that he continues to play a large role for Frolunda HC.

Thanks for the updates NuxFan. Saves me from having to search through all the stats sheets. :)

Not a problem. Up until recently I hadn't bothered to check results for our Euro prospects but I finally just decided to take the time to figure out how to navigate the Elitserien and Allsvenskan sites.

Tommerness finished today's game against Nicklas Jensen and AIK with no points, an even rating, 3 shots on goal and 22:45 of ice time. Frolunda HC won the game 3-1.

Of note: his 22:45 led the entire team in the game. He has been constantly finishing with the most or 2nd most ice time in every game. A good sign.

This kid has got to come to NA.

I really like that the Wolves full D next season could all be Canucks prospects. Polasek barely got cut this year, Sauve should be a regular, Andersson made the transition wonderfully and Corrado is expected to be a big time contributor on the team.

Wolves D 13/14:

Connauton - McNally

Andersson - Corrado

Sauve - Tommernes

Polask

I really like that the Wolves full D next season could all be Canucks prospects. Polasek barely got cut this year, Sauve should be a regular, Andersson made the transition wonderfully and Corrado is expected to be a big time contributor on the team.

Wolves D 13/14:

Connauton - McNally

Andersson - Corrado

Sauve - Tommernes

Absolutely. It's actually going to get a bit crowded on the farm next year in terms of Canucks D prospects.

Wolves D 13/14:

Connauton - McNally

Andersson - Corrado

Sauve - Tommernes

Polask

We should see Price make the jump to the AHL next season too.

If that's the case, he'll be in the top 4. He's one of our most underrated prospects IMO.

Archived