Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

Don't forget mceneny

We could have something looking like this next year:

Connaughton-Corrado

Sauve-Mceneny

Andersson/mcnally/polasek

*Sorry if I put anyone on the wrong side

Edit: totally forgot tommernes lol. My point is we have a dearth of blueliners coming up the pipeline and we should be set 4-5 years from now when hamhuis, bieksa, ballard, garrison start coming off the books.

Don't forget mceneny

Connaughton-Corrado

Sauve-Mceneny

Edit: totally forgot tommernes lol. My point is we have a dearth of blueliners coming up the pipeline and we should be set 4-5 years from now when hamhuis, bieksa, ballard, garrison start coming off the books.

I think McEneny can/should play at least another year in the CHL.

Just watching a stream of the Linkopings/Frolunda game right now. Haven't seen too much of Tommernes, partly, I think, because the ice surface is so big and the defensemen stay so far back so they're out of the range of the camera, but he just had a nice chance on the PP sneaking in from the blueline. His shot was blocked, though.

Frolunda wins in the shootout. 4-3 was the final score. Tommnernes had a powerplay assist, 4 PIMS, 1 shot on net (a breakaway out of the penalty box in OT) and 21:04 of ice time. He finished the game with an even rating.

Like I mentioned earlier, I barely saw Tommernes, not because he wasn't noticeable but because he literally was never in the range of the camera. The D seemed to stay very far back in this game. Don't know if this is normal in the SEL or if it was just in this game.

Tommernes went scoreless today for Forlunda and had 4 shots on net, a +1 rating and a whopping 25:24 of ice time in a 3-2 shootout win over Brynas IF. I only caught a bit of the 3rd period but I did get to watch Tommernes man the point on one of Frolunda's powerplays and he looked mobile and creative. He's the type to kind of drift everywhere. He'll sneak in on top of the circle and even get in front of the net. He's adventurous to say the least and seems to be always looking to score, rather than simply wait at the point for the puck.

The problem with having all of these defensemen in the system next year is going to be where to put them all. The Wolves will only carry four of ours and will insist on icing two of their own signees every night. Look for a lot of our defense prospects to wind up playing in Kalamazoo next year that should be playing in the AHL, like Adam Polasek has been this year due to the numbers game.

It would be nice if we owned our own AHL affiliate.

The problem with having all of these defensemen in the system next year is going to be where to put them all. The Wolves will only carry four of ours and will insist on icing two of their own signees every night. Look for a lot of our defense prospects to wind up playing in Kalamazoo next year that should be playing in the AHL, like Adam Polasek has been this year due to the numbers game.

It would be nice if we owned our own AHL affiliate.

Gotta agree with you here. Anyone by any chance know when the Canucks' contract with the Wolves is up? It would be nice if the Canucks bought an AHL team or at least became affiliated with one known for their prospect development.

Gotta agree with you here. Anyone by any chance know when the Canucks' contract with the Wolves is up? It would be nice if the Canucks bought an AHL team or at least became affiliated with one known for their prospect development.

IIRC it was a 2 year deal, so the contract's up at the end of this season. I don't see what other teams there would be though... Chicago is in as good of a location as you're going to find, especially with all the travelling the farm guys have to do.

IIRC it was a 2 year deal, so the contract's up at the end of this season. I don't see what other teams there would be though... Chicago is in as good of a location as you're going to find, especially with all the travelling the farm guys have to do.

That great news! I didn't realize that was just a two year agreement.

Hopefully we move on to greener pastures next season.

Again, Tommernes went pointless for Frolunda in a 5-2 win over Brynas IF. He had 3 shots on net, an even rating and 22:16 of ice time.

Watched parts of the game. While Tommernes had another fairly uneventful effort, one thing I noticed is that he was more assertive today in terms of shooting the puck. He really leaned into it a couple times. With the bigger ice surface, though, it just seems like it's really tough for defensemen to get points. On the PP, the players are really spread out and the defenseman are far back and covered well. A lot of the goals I've seen in the SEL this year, especially with the man advantage, are scored from down low plays. Defensemen don't really quarterback the PP in Sweden like they do in the NHL. These are just my impressions, though, and I could be way off base. I wish we had one or two regular posters on this site from Sweden who could give us more insight.

Don't forget mceneny

Connaughton-Corrado

Sauve-Mceneny

Watching most of the Kitchener-Erie game last night, I think McEneny will spend one more year in the CHL as he doesn't seem ready to make the jump yet. I also think that, because of the drop in the salary cap in the NHL next year, we'll see one of these guys make the Canucks out of training camp to likely replace Ballard. (Corrado or Connauton on the bottom pair or even Sauve as the 7th d-man) That said, the AHL team will be left with the following

Andersson-Corrado

Sauve-McNally

Tommernes-Polasek

This defensive group will have it's fair share of ups and down but it will also give all the prospects a lot of ice time to develop properly.

Archived