Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Any of you guys want to play in Scotland : Flyers the 2nd Season.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

#1 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

Hi,

I'm fairly new on these boards (you can read my limited number of posts under my name bodee) and I used to be a big fan of my local Fife Flyers growing up. At that time they had a few decent Canadian hockey players playing for them (Les Lovell and Pep Young come to mind)

However I'm 65 now and haven't been to ice hockey games for 20 yrs. In that time until recently Ice Hockey faded in Kirkcaldy (Fife, Scotland) and the once great and oldest name (in UK Ice Hockey) has gone through hard times

Anyway to the point. Fife Flyers have just recently been inducted into the Elite Hockey League containing 10 professional teams from England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. This is a bold attempt to get Ice Hockey established again, to a similar standard to other European Countries (at present it does not compare to the likes of Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark for example.

As you can see from above I have no attachment to the club and can't speak for them but as you will note from the link below they are genuinely looking for players. For anyone trying to set up a stay in Scotland or any young guys who need a spell away from Canada or don't think they will make the grade in north american hockey this might be a chance to broaden your horizon.
I don't immagine the standard will be as high as you are used to (yet) or that the remuneration is going to be making you rich but if you or you and your buddy/brother fancy a bit of an adventure, it might fit the bill.

Fife Flyers website.
http://www.fifeflyers.co.uk/

Here is some info on the Elite Hockey League.
http://en.wikipedia....e_Hockey_League

It is also covered by the massive Sky Sports Television Channel in the UK.
http://www.skysports...1,13996,00.html

Kirkcaldy Town. (30 miles from the Edinburgh nightlife)
http://www.undiscove...aldy/index.html

Fife, surrounded by water on three sides so you will feel at home.
http://www.visitfife.com/

So there you have it. I have tried to give you as much info as possible and all I can add is that I am considering renewing my season ticket to the Flyers and I would love it if we had some Canadian boys in the team. After all, when it comes to Ice Hockey we all agree, Canada is best!

Edited by Bodee, 24 March 2013 - 12:21 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#2 cammy

cammy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:41 AM

just to add to this, a lot of players use this league as a stepping stone to the European and German Leagues, there have been some exceptional players come through here before moving on.

Joe Tallari
Ryan MacDonald
Andrew Verner
Joe talbot
Rumun Ndur.
Ed Courtney
Tony Hand
Luke Stauffacher
Scott Frankhouser
Colin Shields

just to name a few, the elague is played in a more North american style of game and would be on par with the ECHl with a few AHL level players in

Edited by cammy, 28 June 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#3 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,220 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:06 AM

Man, If I was still in shape and wasn't married I'd be all over this.

#4 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 27,756 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:54 AM

Damn...I was just in Edinburgh too!

I doubt they'd want a 44 year old hockey player who makes Dana Murzyn look like Mason Raymond.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#5 Ovechkinator

Ovechkinator

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

Hope they are doing up the rink, wasn't my favourite arena to go play in when I was younger. There were worse places to go though.

Edited by Ovechkinator, 28 June 2011 - 09:23 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

Hope they are doing up the rink, wasn't my favourite arena to go play in when I was younger. There were worse places to go though.

When was that if you don't mind me asking.

I used to go in the 60's up to about the 80's and although it wasn't a great rink (mind you when you bear in mind when it was built:-) the atmosphere generated in there during the time of the Lovells and Spence was second to none. I still remember the long queues (almost in the dark:-( to get in and if the rink had been double the size it still would still have sold out.

They were fairly astute calling it after the County of Fife rather than as most other teams did calling the team after their town/city. This meant that even people living well outside Kirkcaldy felt allegiance.

They didn't have the TV (Sky) coverage back then and I think if this league is handled properly it will have a much bigger chance of success than American Football ever did.

I must say it is thanks to how enthusiastic I have become about the Canucks that is making me quite keen to go and watch live Ice Hockey again.
One thing occurred to me after I wrote the initial post and that was would as this is a professional league would you guys have to apply for a work permit? I don't know but being Canadian I would have thought they would make an exception:-) Scotland is packed with families with relatives in Canada.

By the way they re-roofed the rink a few years ago, but remember, unlike the NHL ours was an almost amateur sport until recently so there just wasn't the money to rebuild the rink.

Edited by Bodee, 28 June 2011 - 09:52 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#7 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,220 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

When was that if you don't mind me asking.

I used to go in the 60's up to about the 80's and although it wasn't a great rink (mind you when you bear in mind when it was built:-) the atmosphere generated in there during the time of the Lovells and Spence was second to none. I still remember the long queues (almost in the dark:-( to get in and if the rink had been double the size it still would still have sold out.

They were fairly astute calling it after the County of Fife rather than as most other teams did calling the team after their town/city. This meant that even people living well outside Kirkcaldy felt allegiance.

They didn't have the TV (Sky) coverage back then and I think if this league is handled properly it will have a much bigger chance of success than American Football ever did.

I must say it is thanks to how enthusiastic I have become about the Canucks that is making me quite keen to go and watch live Ice Hockey again.
One thing occurred to me after I wrote the initial post and that was would as this is a professional league would you guys have to apply for a work permit? I don't know but being Canadian I would have thought they would make an exception:-) Scotland is packed with families with relatives in Canada.

By the way they re-roofed the rink a few years ago, but remember, unlike the NHL ours was an almost amateur sport until recently so there just wasn't the money to rebuild the rink.

the team would have to apply for work visa's for any international players.

#8 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Would I get paid to play?

Posted Image

#9 cammy

cammy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

the rink cannot be any worse than whitly bay (cannot belive i used to play there) or lea Vally,

and yes they do pay players, and a lot of the Elite league teams also pay for the accomodation as well as enrolling a lot on university courses as well to help with life after hockey, quite a few players come out of the elite league with a MBA

international is deemed any player not broguht through the Uk system, so if you are english/scotish harritage then you would need a work permit still unless you came through the uk leagues

Edited by cammy, 28 June 2011 - 10:33 AM.

#10 Ovechkinator

Ovechkinator

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

I played there a couple of years ago it just appeared to be old and run down, the ice surface was alright though but I didn't like the stadium and the dressing rooms as a whole although that may just be me. It wasn't the worst I remember South Ayr was really bad 'cause all the boards were slanted (pretty dangerous actually) and the doors on the benches didn't work so you had little choice but to jump the bench which most people did anyway but it was just weird that the doors were there but didn't open. My favourite rinks to play in were Aberdeen (who I played for but really nice stadium), Dundee and Braehead. Good luck to the Flyers in their jump into the Elite League though, I hope it goes well.

Posted Image

#11 Barney Stinson

Barney Stinson

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

Will they pay for my tickets too?
Posted Image
Sven Bärtschi watch: 0GP 0G 0A 0Pts

#12 Canucks13

Canucks13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:01 AM

If I was 20 years younger, in shape, could actully play good hockey yeah I would be in but I'm not even close.
Posted Image credit to chenwei91
Posted Image

#13 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

Some more info on past Canadian Flyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ron_Plumb

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Doug_Smail

http://en.wikipedia....Laurie_Boschman

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Sims

http://en.wikipedia...._hockey_b._1963)

This was written BEFORE Fife Flyers were accepted into the Elite league by a fan of Nottingham Panthers (an established Elite League team) arguing against accepting Fife Flyers because of their comparably poor facilities. However they may already be running scared because of the reputation Fife Flyers had ON THE ICE.

"FORMER NHL stars Doug Smail and Al Sims, plus Slovak legend Vincent Lukac have much in common.

So does former Nottingham Panthers' NHLer Fred Perlini and minor league goal-machine Dave Stoyanovich.

The link? They all played for Fife Flyers, as did another NHL legend Laurie Boschman.

He is one of a small band of players who scored more than 500 goals and notched up in excess of 2,000 penalty minutes, during his 1,000-plus games in the world's major league.

Winger Smail played around 900 NHL games and was 36 when he joined Fife in 1993 – and rattled in 74 goals for 139 points in 50-odd games.

Sims, who was the defensive partner of the great Bobby Orr in Boston for two seasons, played more than 500 games in 'the show'. He hit 138 points (52+86) in just 36 games for Fife in the mid-80s.

There was just no stopping Stoyanovich when he was over here in the 80s. He scored an incredible 196 goals and tallied 360 points, for an average of five points per game during two spells with the Flyers.

Question one: Why isn't a better quality British hockey attracting that calibre of player these days?

And, question two, which is more salient: With that kind of star-studded past – and I have omitted more notable names in the history of the club – why isn't the Kirkcaldy outfit playing in the Elite League, the UK's top competition?

Flyers, who pre-date Panthers by eight years after being formed in 1938, were British champions when Scottish hockey ruled the country, with the likes of Murrayfield Racers, Dundee Rockets and Ayr Bruins."

Hopefully with Sky Sport's backing and some worthwhile Canadian imports Fife Flyers can make some noise in this league. However playing for Fife Flyers, as the poster above says would be no bed of roses. Although Scots fans are some of the most passionate in the world, the facilities need a lot of catching up to be comparable to even lower league teams in Canada.
Kevin.jpg

#14 sirwilliam

sirwilliam

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:30 AM

Question one: Why isn't a better quality British hockey attracting that calibre of player these days?

It's probably all perception. Most players dream of playing in the NHL. They'll play in the minor leagues if they can be used as a stepping stone to reach the NHL. So the North American AHL, the Swedish Elite League, and the KHL of Russia are popular choices for good players hoping to hone their game. Great Britain doesn't yet have that kind of reputation. It's a slow change, much like how it will take many years before the quality of soccer (football) in North America matches that of Europe.
Posted Image

#15 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

frikk i should get back into playing shape.. i haven't played competitive in years now..
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#16 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:39 PM

Just one last point in case I have been a bit hard on British Ice Hockey.

Having looked at some background on the Elite League it seems that more than 50% of their rinks are nearly/ new. So they are making progress on updating their rinks. Cardiff in Wales are about to have a new one built. I have been on the Fife Flyers Forum and it appears that Plexi Glass is being installed in time for the start of the season and a great many fans are talking about coming back, buying season tickets and looking forward to travelling to Belfast in Ireland. (always a great spirit between the Scots and the Irish:-)
Having said that one or two on the forum have voiced concerns that no imports have been named as yet. So come on boys, grab your skates, contact the club and get over there and wear one of the most famous jersey emblems in European Ice Hockey.
Kevin.jpg

#17 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:37 AM

This from the Flyers Twitter site. Looks like they are going to get their players afterall. Even some ex players are asking to be released from their contracts with other teams so that they can go back. There is something special about the Fife Flyers.
By the way, I have been told that their entrance music track for the past 3 seasons has been "where the streets have no name" I wonder where they got that idea from :-)

"there has been a huge amount of interest from players and agents wanting to be involved with @FifeFlyers historic 1st @officialEIHL season."

Kevin.jpg

#18 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:13 AM

Here is something to raise a few eyebrows. I was reading about the early days of Fife Flyers and came across this remarkable piece of their ice hockey history.
From the 40's era. You should note however that a number of the Flyers players/stars were Canadian imports:-)

"The rink's tradition of hosting touring teams continued through the decade with Vastra Frolunda from Sweden playing an exhibition game in December 1948, followed by a French side and even world champions Team Canada who raced into a 4-0 lead and were beaten 6-5 by Fife Flyers -- a result which stands as their greastest ever hour."

Now obviously I wasn't there but I can virtually guarantee that one of the main features to the comeback and the ultimate victory would have been the the fervour of the Fife fans. I think any of the Canadians who played there in the glory days would back this up. The Flyers crowd have the ability to raise the dead:-)

If any Canucks have actually approached the Flyers for a try-out can you let us know as this thread has now been posted on the Fife Flyers Message Board.
Kevin.jpg

#19 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,709 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Man, If I was still in shape and wasn't married I'd be all over this.

Lol same here

#20 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:05 AM

Some good, some not so good.

http://www.braeheadc...d--arena-s12175

http://www.panthers.co.uk/

http://www.coventryb...ster_senior.php

http://www.hullsting...m-roster-s12458

http://www.belfastgiants.com/

http://www.edinburgh...gureskating.pdf

Kevin.jpg

#21 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

News of the Fife Flyers player/coach.

In terms of new import signings, Dutiaume admits he has no shortage of applicants - but he wants the right players in his dressing-room.

‘‘Fife still carries a very good name among hockey players - it’s a good place to play and you are well treated. That will work in our favour,’’ he said.

‘‘We want guys who fit into our team and dressing-room, who understand the style we play and are maybe willing to change their game.

‘‘We’ve been inundated with CVs but there is still not substitute for speaking to guys you know whose views you trust.’’

Dutiaume also admits he’s delighted to see a buzz returning to the sport - and the town.

‘‘It’s been quiet for a while,’’ he admitted, ‘‘but there has been a huge buzz since we announced we were going Elite.

‘‘Lot of people have been stopping me and asking questions, and talking hockey - if that is am indication of the excitement then things are looking good.

‘‘We’ve had a busy spring already and done a fair bit of work, and now things are starting to motor.’’

Announcing Dutiaume’s appointment, a club spokesman paid tribute to his commitment in recent seasons.

He said: ‘‘After working over the last five years to keep the club going and winning almoist everything in sight Todd deserves the opportunity to lead the team again next season.’’

Kevin.jpg

#22 harlan

harlan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

Ok lets put this in perspective a bit.

Hockey in the UK is not a popular sport, it comes a long way down the list of sports for people to have an interest in. However those of us who love hockey are very enthusiastic about it

Kirkcaldy ice rink, the home of the Flyers has a capacity of just over 3,000 but the town is a hockey town even though there is both a football, sorry soccer, team and rugby team in the town. You ask anybody in Kirkcaldy about the team and practically everybody will know of us.
The rink is old and as the Flyers are the oldest club in Britain the rink reflects this but that is part of the charm and one of the home advantages.

The ice has always been excellent, we are the only ice facility in Fife and as a result we have to share it with the curlers so it has to be good.

If you ask anybody who has played at Kirkcaldy what is the best thing about playing there is and they will undoubtedly say the fans. We are incredibly passionate about hockey and our team and the atmosphere at home games is second to none in the whole of the country and that gives the Flyers an amazing home advantage and us Fifers know our hockey, if a player is a donkey then he will hear it and because of the make up of the rink fans have a input into opposition players heads.

So what about the standard of player to come to Britain. Well mostly it is about ECHL standard although players who have played AHL although ex NHL players have played across here too, most recently Theo Fluery in Belfast and as has been said Al Sims, Ronnie Plumb, Doug Smail, Laurie Boschman, Vincent Lukac and Milan Figala have all played for Flyers.

The Elite League allows for 10 imports per squad and an import is classed as a non-trained British player with the rest of the squad made up by Brits and Flyers have had a long tradition of having one of the best junior systems in the UK and there are quite a few former Fife trained juniors in other teams.

Traditionally Flyers have covered travelling expenses as well as living costs although this may have changed as well as paying players to play.

Kirkcaldy is close to both Edinburgh and St.Andrews Universities, two of the most prestigious universities in Britain for those wanting to do some studying and we are also just over an hour away from Glasgow and an hour and a half from the highlands and the most spectacular scenery in the world.

I seem to have come across as trying to sell the Flyers but that hasnt been my intention, I am just trying to gice some more information about the club and town so people know what it was like

#23 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:15 AM

It has been announced on the Flyers Forum over here that Jarrett Konkle has signed for the Dundee CCS Stars who play in the Elite League with Fife Flyers. Does anyone know anything about this player?
Kevin.jpg

#24 Kethnus

Kethnus

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 08:52 AM

C'Mon the Stars! Shame they are sponsored by a cleaning company!

Sadly I will miss this season of Elite League action due to heading to Canada for the year. Hopefully all goes well with the Flyers, with the loss of the Edinburgh and Newcastle, things are a little shaky to say the least!

#25 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

Newcastle folded in May. I think the Flyers took their place. I think you must be mistaken about Edinburgh Capitals. Flyers play them in Fife in the Challenge Cup on 24th September.

http://www.edinburgh-capitals.com/

Capitals add physical presence with Sladok
22nd July 2011

Edinburgh Capitals are pleased to announce the signing of Jozef Sladok. The Slovakian defender spent last season with Hull Stingrays where he had 8 points, from 2 goals and 6 assists, and 193 penalty minutes.

Good luck in Canada. Hope you get to some good hockey games.

Edited by Bodee, 22 July 2011 - 03:10 PM.

Kevin.jpg

#26 YourLeader

YourLeader

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

just to add to this, a lot of players use this league as a stepping stone to the European and German Leagues, there have been some exceptional players come through here before moving on.

Joe Tallari
Ryan MacDonald
Andrew Verner
Joe talbot
Rumun Ndur.
Ed Courtney
Tony Hand
Luke Stauffacher
Scott Frankhouser
Colin Shields

just to name a few, the elague is played in a more North american style of game and would be on par with the ECHl with a few AHL level players in

are these all players in europe because these exceptional players are not nhl players

#27 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

are these all players in europe because these exceptional players are not nhl players

No arguments from me.

However I don't think there is anyone over here who for one minute thinks that the players playing in the Elite League are anywhere near NHL level. I can only assume the poster meant they were exceptional in Europe/UK terms. Maybe they are/were, I have no idea.

If you read my first post, does it read like I am appealing to exceptional NHL players to drop everything and come over. No, I framed it as an opportunity for young skill full Canadians to come here and experience life in Scotland while doing the thing they love and maybe studying for a degree at some of the best Universities in the World. Alternatively good players in the veteran stage who feel they want a last hurrah.

Every league and every team has to start somewhere and unfortunately our game here has suffered from chronic lack of money, sponsorship, facilities and competent marketing and management. We are slowly through the formation of the Elite (I hate the name) League making some strides forward but I think it will be 10-15 years before we reach a standard even approaching the NHL (if even then)

This league as I see it is not about reaching NHL standard, not initially anyway, it is about establishing the game and putting it on a stable foundation on which to build from. I'm sorry if the poster above gave you the wrong impression, I'm sure it was unintentional.

In closing I would say this though, if the Scots ever did take seriously to ice hockey in a big way, you Canadians would be in for some great imports. For a start you would never have to plead with any of them to "drop the gloves" :-) I'm sure there are a few Canadians of Scots decent who have borne this out.
Kevin.jpg

#28 Kethnus

Kethnus

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

Hmm maybe i am mistaken....I was sure I heard something about them not having funds to keep playing at Elite league level. Unless it was just speculation...which is quite probable considering I heard it in Dundee....

#29 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

No arguments from me.

However I don't think there is anyone over here who for one minute thinks that the players playing in the Elite League are anywhere near NHL level. I can only assume the poster meant they were exceptional in Europe/UK terms. Maybe they are/were, I have no idea.

If you read my first post, does it read like I am appealing to exceptional NHL players to drop everything and come over. No, I framed it as an opportunity for young skill full Canadians to come here and experience life in Scotland while doing the thing they love and maybe studying for a degree at some of the best Universities in the World. Alternatively good players in the veteran stage who feel they want a last hurrah.

Every league and every team has to start somewhere and unfortunately our game here has suffered from chronic lack of money, sponsorship, facilities and competent marketing and management. We are slowly through the formation of the Elite (I hate the name) League making some strides forward but I think it will be 10-15 years before we reach a standard even approaching the NHL (if even then)

This league as I see it is not about reaching NHL standard, not initially anyway, it is about establishing the game and putting it on a stable foundation on which to build from. I'm sorry if the poster above gave you the wrong impression, I'm sure it was unintentional.

In closing I would say this though, if the Scots ever did take seriously to ice hockey in a big way, you Canadians would be in for some great imports. For a start you would never have to plead with any of them to "drop the gloves" :-) I'm sure there are a few Canadians of Scots decent who have borne this out.
Kevin.jpg

#30 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:41 AM

By the way did you know Steven Stamkos is half Scottish on his mother's side. Now we know where he got his talent for goal scoring ;-)
Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.