The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC member Workout Routines

WHL rocks

How does one go about performing the proper deadlift...

As well, I own a pull up bar for my door but sadly I will break the door if I use it. Is there a way to re-create pull up exercise without a pull up bar? I am NOT going to the gym to do this.

I'm thinking about doing a 4 day split soon.

How would this work/How does this sound?

MON - Chest/Triceps

TUES - Back/Biceps

WED - DAY OFF

THURS - Shoulders/Legs

FRI - ARMS

I want to try and build up more muscle in my arms. Any alterations/suggestions/comments would be great thanks.

PS. Only have dumbells to use the moment

As well, I own a pull up bar for my door but sadly I will break the door if I use it. Is there a way to re-create pull up exercise without a pull up bar? I am NOT going to the gym to do this.

Ok I've been thinking of getting myself back in the gym. Used to workout all the time a few years ago. I used to go with a guy who actually ended up being a body builder, so he was very helpful in giving me proper workout techniques.

I don't want to go hardcore or anything, just want to build up my muscles. I'm already in decent shape as I play lots of hockey and I walk/run 3 hours a day.

I want to focus on a different muscle each day. Taking weekends off. If I remember correctly I would do;

1.Arms/Shoulders

2.Chest/Back

However i can't remember when I would throw in a leg workout or if there was anything else I need to add.

I think that's all I have to ask for now, if I think of anything else I will come here and post it.

Only thing really delaying me from going to the gym is that I would have to do it before work, so I would need to get there around 5:30am.

Also is it best to eat something before your workout or after? I'm usually pretty hungry 1st thing in the morning and don't function well if I don't eat.

Ok I've been thinking of getting myself back in the gym. Used to workout all the time a few years ago. I used to go with a guy who actually ended up being a body builder, so he was very helpful in giving me proper workout techniques.

I don't want to go hardcore or anything, just want to build up my muscles. I'm already in decent shape as I play lots of hockey and I walk/run 3 hours a day.

I want to focus on a different muscle each day. Taking weekends off. If I remember correctly I would do;

1.Arms/Shoulders

2.Chest/Back

However i can't remember when I would throw in a leg workout or if there was anything else I need to add.

I think that's all I have to ask for now, if I think of anything else I will come here and post it.

Only thing really delaying me from going to the gym is that I would have to do it before work, so I would need to get there around 5:30am.

Also is it best to eat something before your workout or after? I'm usually pretty hungry 1st thing in the morning and don't function well if I don't eat.

Mondays: Chest and Tri's

Tuesdays: Back and Bi's

Wednesday: Core and Legs

Thursday: Chest (different type of work out) and forearms

Friday: Core and Traps

Weekend: Sweet nothing

Also do about 25 minutes of running per day and 10 minutes of stretching. I'm at the gym about 2.5 hours a day.

I can't afford that time in the gym. Am usually there for 1-1.5 hours and 2 to 3 times/week. Although when am there, I work intensely with minimum break time between each set of exercise (1-2 min). Some people at the gym sit on an exercise machine for 30 minutes only to do 1 or 2 sets of 10 reps or they are talking/texting their friends.

Try and eat before and eat after for sure. Split up back and chest because if you do, say.. Lat pulldowns, v-bar barbell pull up and barbell rows, you're not going to have much left for bench

presses, dumbbell flyes, etc. It's kind of like running a few miles then going to do heavy squats after -- doesn't make a whole lot of sense

Taking weekends off, you could just do something

like: chest and biceps on monday, back and triceps wednesday, legs and shoulders on Friday. Then just repeat after the weekend.

Archived