The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC member Workout Routines

WHL rocks

I've read many thread asking for ways to lose weight or gain weight. I haven't seen a thread with CDC member's workout routines. You can come here to offer tips to others on training or learn a few things if you are a beginner.

I want to know what your work out routine is, what's your fitness level, are you a serious gym guy/girl or only go on Mondays to burn off what you drank over the weekend?

For myself I'm a serious fitness freak. I've been training since I was in grade 10 and I'm 35 years old now. Growing up I was never into playing video games. The gym was/is my playstation. I've always had a punching bag and weights in my garage. I've done some MMA training with a friend who is a fighter.

I posted my current workout routine in another thread but felt this topic needs its own thread as there are many members here who have interest in this subject.

This is my curent traing routine.

Right now I'm not doing a regular 1 or 2 body parts per day weight lifting routine followed with some cardio. I work out with a professional athelete so we do a lot more challenging stuff.

It takes us between 2 to 2.5 hours to complete the workout. This includes 30 + mins of warmup, 1+ hour of weights and 20 mins of post work out cardio followed by 10 to 15 mins of stretching.

For weights we do a free weight circuit routine. We set up 8 stations which include clean and press, body weight pull ups, burpees, lunges, squats , etc etc. We usually use two 45 plates on stadard bar for most excercises. We go thru all 8 excercises and rest for approx 2 to 3 mins. Then repeat for 6 to 7 sets depending on how we feel. After this we do some clean up exercises such as forearms and calves on some days and bis and tris on others. We also throw in some shrugs and abs a couple of times a week.

We have two routines. So we do routine 1 on Mon and Thurs and routine 2 on Tues and Friday to keep things fun. Pull ups are done every day. On Wednesdays we do major body parts (chest, shoulders, legs, back) power lifting routine to keep the strength up. We don't keep things too strict as far as the routine is concerned, we change things up and add or delete excercises to keep thing fun.

Three times a week we go for a run or stair climbing in the evenings.

My workouts are extremely challenging but its a lot of fun.

Now that summer is here I'll have my bike insured soon, I'll be going to do the Grouse grind on the week ends. Hopefully I can get out there atleast once per week. When I do this I'll cut out one of the evening cardio sessions.

Grouse Grind! My thoughts exactly! Anyways, wow you sound very dedicated! Reading about those workouts is making me sweat already! Lol!

As for myself, I usually go to yoga 2-3 times a week. In the mornings before getting to the office I might go for a run around the block. I love the cool morning air... it's so refreshing. Mind you, I only do this occasionally since I love the warmth of my bed even more! Lol!

I hit the gym a couple times a week too. I don't really use any weights tho. But the eliptical is my favorite machine! :wub:

Seriously though, I have weak lungs (bad asthma) and am anemic, so I can't do much strenuous exercise. Nevertheless i'm a huge fan of walking! I literally walk everywhere, and I often walk to Downtown on a regular basis, especially in the summer. 10,000 steps is my minimum, and i wear a pedometer whenever i can. Plus I walk my dog about 3 times a day. I'll also hike on a cool day.

Aside from that, I do run on occasion for 20 or so minutes. Whenever I have access to the gym, I like the elliptical as well because it's super low impact. Swimming is also great, too!

For strength/flexibility training, I love yoga. More specifically, hot yoga, because I feel it detoxifies my body. It's quite expensive, though :(

Mondays: Chest and Tri's

Tuesdays: Back and Bi's

Wednesday: Core and Legs

Thursday: Chest (different type of work out) and forearms

Friday: Core and Traps

Weekend: Sweet nothing

Also do about 25 minutes of running per day and 10 minutes of stretching. I'm at the gym about 2.5 hours a day.

renfrew gym is closed until july 5 so I'm currently taking a break because I don't want to buy those expensive drop in passes at other gyms. plus I don't feel like bussing 30 mins to the closest gym :P I plan to really push myself and hope to hit some goals I've set before the end of summer, before I go off to university

Mondays: Chest and Tri's

Tuesdays: Back and Bi's

Wednesday: Core and Legs

Thursday: Chest (different type of work out) and forearms

Friday: Core and Traps

Weekend: Sweet nothing

Also do about 25 minutes of running per day and 10 minutes of stretching. I'm at the gym about 2.5 hours a day.

Here's a challenge for you next time you go to the gym. See how many pull ups you can do. I dont see many ppl doing body weight pull ups in the gym. I do them every day in the gym and sometimes at home when I'm bored. If I do them at home I do 150 to 200 in around 30 mins.

If you can do more than 15 at once start trying things like they do in this video. It makes things fun instead of the same old pull ups all the time and provides a challenge.

Here's a challenge for you next time you go to the gym. See how many pull ups you can do. I dont see many ppl doing body weight pull ups in the gym. I do them every day in the gym and sometimes at home when I'm bored. If I do them at home I do 150 to 200 in around 30 mins.

If you can do more than 15 at once start trying things like they do in this video. It makes things fun instead of the same old pull ups all the time and provides a challenge.

I've read many thread asking for ways to lose weight or gain weight. I haven't seen a thread with CDC member's workout routines. You can come here to offer tips to others on training or learn a few things if you are a beginner.

I want to know what your work out routine is, what's your fitness level, are you a serious gym guy/girl or only go on Mondays to burn off what you drank over the weekend?

For myself I'm a serious fitness freak. I've been training since I was in grade 10 and I'm 35 years old now. Growing up I was never into playing video games. The gym was/is my playstation. I've always had a punching bag and weights in my garage. I've done some MMA training with a friend who is a fighter.

I posted my current workout routine in another thread but felt this topic needs its own thread as there are many members here who have interest in this subject.

This is my curent traing routine.

Right now I'm not doing a regular 1 or 2 body parts per day weight lifting routine followed with some cardio. I work out with a professional athelete so we do a lot more challenging stuff.

It takes us between 2 to 2.5 hours to complete the workout. This includes 30 + mins of warmup, 1+ hour of weights and 20 mins of post work out cardio followed by 10 to 15 mins of stretching.

For weights we do a free weight circuit routine. We set up 8 stations which include clean and press, body weight pull ups, burpees, lunges, squats , etc etc. We usually use two 45 plates on stadard bar for most excercises. We go thru all 8 excercises and rest for approx 2 to 3 mins. Then repeat for 6 to 7 sets depending on how we feel. After this we do some clean up exercises such as forearms and calves on some days and bis and tris on others. We also throw in some shrugs and abs a couple of times a week.

We have two routines. So we do routine 1 on Mon and Thurs and routine 2 on Tues and Friday to keep things fun. Pull ups are done every day. On Wednesdays we do major body parts (chest, shoulders, legs, back) power lifting routine to keep the strength up. We don't keep things too strict as far as the routine is concerned, we change things up and add or delete excercises to keep thing fun.

Three times a week we go for a run or stair climbing in the evenings.

My workouts are extremely challenging but its a lot of fun.

Now that summer is here I'll have my bike insured soon, I'll be going to do the Grouse grind on the week ends. Hopefully I can get out there atleast once per week. When I do this I'll cut out one of the evening cardio sessions.

Wow, your workout is definitely challenging, good on you. I do an hour of weights and 30 min of cardio, nothing really special. Same with you, focus on a specific body part every day, with me I try to work on chest, shoulders, and back, but no legs, I just do running for the legs, which is part of my cardio routine. :)

I wish I had time to do Grouse grind, it is definitely excellent cardio workout, but I am so busy, the 2 hours I have for the gym eat up most of the free time I have.

I'm the guy who got cut from the high school hockey team then went on the be quite good at fringe sports (varsity ultimate frisbee + road cycling).

During the summer, my workout schedule roughly consists of:

3 days of endurance cardio (3-6 mile run or 30 mile bike ride)

1 day of intense training (sprints, agility ladders, etc) or plyometrics

2 days of weight training (upper body, lower body + core)

I'm currently focusing on improving speed and explosiveness.

I'm the guy who got cut from the high school hockey team then went on the be quite good at fringe sports (varsity ultimate frisbee + road cycling).

During the summer, my workout schedule roughly consists of:

3 days of endurance cardio (3-6 mile run or 30 mile bike ride)

1 day of intense training (sprints, agility ladders, etc) or plyometrics

2 days of weight training (upper body, lower body + core)

I'm currently focusing on improving speed and explosiveness.

Dips are an awesome excercise. Its an excercise a lot of ppl don't do but I love it. It's one of those excersises that uses multiple parts of the body. If you tweak it slightly you can focus more on tris as opposed to chest or vise versa.

Shoulders are a big part of this excercise and most ppl don't realise it. Its possible that you have a rotator cuff injury if it hurts. How do your shoulders feel when you do a shoulders workout? Do they hurt or is it this specific excercise? Don't go so deep, Try to keep your elbows at 90 degrees when you come down.

I got a rotator cuff injury when I was in my early 20's. Behind the kneck presses, young and stupid. Don't do them any more as its not a natural movement.

Here's a link to strenghening your rotator cuffs. Its something you don't really want to do cus it seems like a waste of time but trust me its awesome for your shoulders. I do them regularly. This video only shows them in one direction, out wards, I do them the other way too, inwards. Try it out for a couple of month your shoulders will feel better.

BTW good advice on the importance of legs workout. Even if you do light legs it helps a lot. Just do some leg extensions and squats. It releases testosterone and builds overall body strength.

Archived