The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC member Workout Routines

WHL rocks

Am just wondering if people are there for 2.5 hours, are they really using that time properly and exercising with minimal break times or are they goofing around for half an hour with their friends or busy texting. I doubt I could workout for 2.5 hours straight, and if I ever was able to workout for that long 5 days/week, I would be entering the Mr. olympia competitions.

• 10 months later...

So how do you get six pack by the summer?

I've been working out and bulking for some time now and i'm satisfied with the muscles i've gained on the upper body. Now i want to do some cutting and I especially want the fat around the stomach area to disappear.

What kind of exercises are best to do? How long and how often do you do cardio/ run on the thread mill.

So how do you get six pack by the summer?

I've been working out and bulking for some time now and i'm satisfied with the muscles i've gained on the upper body. Now i want to do some cutting and I especially want the fat around the stomach area to disappear.

What kind of exercises are best to do? How long and how often do you do cardio/ run on the thread mill.

ok I work construction as a carpenter...5 days a week

Ride either my mtb/road bike/cyclecross bike... minimum 300kms. a week

Full body bowflex workout... twice a week

Full body stretch...two or three times a week

In the summer, once a month, I will do a long road ride of 200+kms long. That's like from Victoria to Naniamo and back. After every ride I have a recovery drink with glutamine, and every day I drink a protein shake......I'm 46 years old.

ok I work construction as a carpenter...5 days a week

Ride either my mtb/road bike/cyclecross bike... minimum 300kms. a week

Full body bowflex workout... twice a week

Full body stretch...two or three times a week

In the summer, once a month, I will do a long road ride of 200+kms long. That's like from Victoria to Naniamo and back. After every ride I have a recovery drink with glutamine, and every day I drink a protein shake......I'm 46 years old.

I don't have any specific routine, but...

Eat well. Eat lots. But not too much otherwise the excess will be stored as fat. Ball park your calorie maintenance and have a calorie surplus of 250-500. I would suggest 2500-3000 daily calories max. even though I don't know you. To me that seems like a good idea if you're new to the whole gym thing. Lift heavy. Lift consistently. Go with a friend if possible. Someone who knows what they're doing. Go later at night when it's not busy if you're one of those people that hates seeing just about everyone else in the gym lift more than you.

I'm not an expert, but my credibility: I was 140 when I started lifting, reached about 210 about a month ago and now cutting weight (currently at 194). I have a fairly good idea of what I'm doing and I know exactly what you're talking about

i've got 4.5 weeks of p90x left. So far i've dropped over 20 lbs and added 4 inches to each arm and dropped 4 inches off my waist. I'm currently around 210 at 6ft4. Not sure if I want to move onto Insanity or Body Beast next. I don't follow BeachBody meal plans and I dont use their supplements. I use Nitro Tech right now and just try to eat clean/lean.

Dedicated dieting (even if its cal packing) and workout routine can change your body pretty fast. I graduated High School at 6'2 and only 150 pounds (very lanky) and by 21 I was 6'2 and 215. I did drink a protein shake that varied from 1100-1700 calories after the workouts for the first year though since I had already maintained a fairly active physical life with school sports.

When you guys work out, do you go more for a longer but lighter workout or do you go all out but for a shorter period of time?

I want to lose a bit of weight, but more than anything really, I just want to get a bit stronger. Have been getting injured in hockey way too much this season.

So if I go on the elliptical, should it be for 40-50 mins at a slower pace, minimum resistance and incline? Or should I do 20-25 minutes, faster speed, higher resistance, higher incline?

Thanks in advance

When you guys work out, do you go more for a longer but lighter workout or do you go all out but for a shorter period of time?

I want to lose a bit of weight, but more than anything really, I just want to get a bit stronger. Have been getting injured in hockey way too much this season.

So if I go on the elliptical, should it be for 40-50 mins at a slower pace, minimum resistance and incline? Or should I do 20-25 minutes, faster speed, higher resistance, higher incline?

Thanks in advance

I found a great workout plan if you don't have time or don't feel like working out for an hour and a half a day.

This one won't build muscle so much, but it will get you ripped. Some of the workouts in there are pretty challenging, but only take a short time to do each day. They also have a muscle building program if you're looking for that.

I find this program is a great way to just stay fit without spending hours at the gym each week.

http://hasfit.com/wa...-work-out-plan/

You need a light pair of dumbells, like 15-25 pounds for most of them. And maybe a light set of 5`s for some of the kickboxing stuff.

Archived