The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC member Workout Routines

WHL rocks

Awesome routine. Most ppl don't realise but those who do this type of training are usually the most fit ppl. What do you do for plyometrics? If you do pullups do you feel its enough once a week? Last year I did a lot of plyometrics. Never felt better in my lilfe. Now I'm doing similar stuff but also incorporate a lot of free weight into the routine. Same high pace workout but a mix of plyometrics and weights. I find what I do now to be more challenging but it takes a toll on the body. Recovery takes longer.

Here's a challenge for you next time you go to the gym. See how many pull ups you can do. I dont see many ppl doing body weight pull ups in the gym. I do them every day in the gym and sometimes at home when I'm bored. If I do them at home I do 150 to 200 in around 30 mins.

If you can do more than 15 at once start trying things like they do in this video. It makes things fun instead of the same old pull ups all the time and provides a challenge.

Mostly consists of box jumps, long jumps, lateral jumps, and squat jumps. I haven't tried any that involve weights.

I tend to throw in more weight training during the season when I'm already in shape, but to be honest, gaining upper body muscle mass gives me less in return than being quick and agile.

I like to use this website for reference. Check it out to see if it is of any help to you.

http://web.wm.edu/sp...html?&=&svr=www

If you thought that was trippy you gotta see this guy, BEAST. I've tried this with a friend hanging off my back, not even close to what this monster does

This guy is my over all fav.

I love trying these excersies out on my pull bars at home but again some of this stuff is extremely difficult. Eastern Europe and Russian are masters at this stuff. They have these bars at all the local parks. Its part of their culture. We go to the park to go for a jog but they go to the park and do this stuff.

How do you get that physique? do these guys lift heavy in the gym, or can you get a physique like that from doing pull ups, push up and other body strength activites? i'd rather aim for something like that over looking bigger.

and my routine for my 1st 3 months of working out was the stronglift 5x5. i havent worked out for 2 months now tho :(

I work out at my Dad's on Mondays, Thurdays, and every other weekend.

22ish minutes on the treadmill, (Usually run around 1.6 km)

Then workout with weights for 30 minutes,

Bench Press

Sit ups

Leg lifts

Bicep Curls

Squats (With weights)

Finally, Triceps things (Can't remember the name, you raise your arm up, put it in a 90 degree angle, with you forearm parallel to the ground and raise your full arm straight)

Then repeat that 3 times (And sometimes I go for 4. And on the 4th one I do as many as I can of each, to see if I improve)

Pretty good for my age, I don't know many people my age that do work out like that or work out at all in fact. (I'm young, but I won't give my age out)

If you can do or be remotely close to doing what these guys do you would be in great shape. If you want to look like them the best and fastest way is to do plyometrics, body weight excercises. Doing the stronglift 5by5 routine will not make you look like these guys. Impossible. Only way to look like this is to do high intensity work outs. Body weight training is the best way IMO.

Must warn you, it will be difficult to do 5 pull ups in a row let alone what the guys in the videos do. If you do pullups every other day in less than 2 months you will be able to do around 15 straight. Thats when things get fun and you start "trying" different things. Get a pull up bar at home and start doing them. Set 30 mins aside and do as many as you can, in as many sets as it takes. every week increase by 10. In about 2 months you'll be upto 200 pull ups in about 30 mins. Then you can try this stuff. Your life will never be the same, promise.

Edit, Lifting HEAVY in the gym does NOT get you this type of physique. You need to do low weight high reps to look like these guys.

By the way, I'm following a guy on YouTube, channel Six Pack Shortcuts, check it out.

Trying to get into his routine, I want a six pack before I die, damnit. :lol:

By the way, pullups are the best to get the V core, so I am doing as many as I can every time I am at the gym.

By the way, I'm following the guy on YouTube, channel Six Pack Shortcuts, check it out.

Trying to get into his routine, I want a six pack before I die, damnit. :lol:

By the way, pullups are the best to get the V core, so I am doing as many as I can every time I am at the gym.

Grouse Grind! My thoughts exactly! Anyways, wow you sound very dedicated! Reading about those workouts is making me sweat already! Lol!

As for myself, I usually go to yoga 2-3 times a week. In the mornings before getting to the office I might go for a run around the block. I love the cool morning air... it's so refreshing. Mind you, I only do this occasionally since I love the warmth of my bed even more! Lol!

I hit the gym a couple times a week too. I don't really use any weights tho. But the eliptical is my favorite machine! :wub:

Workout 1- Chest which includes bench press

Workout 2- biceps

workout 3- shoulders

workout 4- triceps

Workout 5- chest with dumb bells

workout 6- back

Workout 7- legs

-Abs every other day

Take a day off every 4-5 days, I have gained close to 24 pounds in the last 5 month and hopefully I can keep on going until im 180

My routine:

day1 chest and tricep

day2 back and trap

day3 quads and calves

day4 off

day5 bicep and shoulders

day6 deadlift and hamstrings

day7 off

just started this program last week and i'm loving it so far

Credit to WHLRocks for showing me that website :)

grab a bar bell (desired weight) and do wrist curls. also, if you want to strengthen your wrist, bruce lee did fist pushups.

your hand will strengthen over time, i think its normal to have the bar slip off. i always hear people saying "i do so and so excersice untill i cant hold it anymore".

my noob tip i can offer is that when you perform deadlifts, i think it is better if you use "baseball grip"

here you can see if you look close enough, Arnold deadlifting with a baseball grip

Arnold_Schwarzenegger_powerlifting_deadlift.jpg

@ WHL Rocks: im going to invest in gloves... one day of doing pull ups and other bar excersices, i have blisters :(

Archived