The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC member Workout Routines

WHL rocks

They weren't selling anything. It was a simple ad for the summer for those looking to improve their skin.

Soy milk is better for me because it has less sugar than regular milk, a few grams less of protein and a little less calories but most importantly it doesn't cause break outs. Again, that's why I said it is dependent on your skin type/genetics.

I am a total beginner and need to start exercising badly! I am terrified of the gym because I'm in horrible shape and I would like to lose 30 pounds before starting at the gym. Is there any way to do this at home? running is not an option I hate running.

Can I lose weight doing push ups and sit ups?

What are you terrified of?

Just come to the gym and start working out.

Every guy I know at the gym started out-of-shape. Noone gets in shape before going to the gym. Noone will look down on you or anything, people respect those that start working out, and don't be afraid to ask guys for tips. When I started, a few years back, I was asking questions, and people were receptive and helped out a lot.

If you want to lose weight, do 30-60 min cardio in the beginning and, once you are warmed up, you can hit the weight room and start slow. Start low and go slow.

I guess I just feel like I'm too out of shape. Plus I don't really know how to do the exercises and have some awful memories from high school PE that hold me back. The thing is I really need to start losing weight it's ruining my life. But thanks for the encouragement.

I am a total beginner and need to start exercising badly! I am terrified of the gym because I'm in horrible shape and I would like to lose 30 pounds before starting at the gym. Is there any way to do this at home? running is not an option I hate running.

Can I lose weight doing push ups and sit ups?

Well that's kind of rude...

I didn't say I don't want to put in effort I said I don't want to run big difference. And it's only because I have a bad ankles.

Also, I looked at exercise bikes at Canadian Tire and all the weight limits were between 200-250 pounds so I was worried I'd break it and void the warranty. Im sure the more expensive ones are better built but I don't have $500.

I didn't say I don't want to put in effort I said I don't want to run big difference. And it's only because I have a bad ankles.

Also, I looked at exercise bikes at Canadian Tire and all the weight limits were between 200-250 pounds so I was worried I'd break it and void the warranty. Im sure the more expensive ones are better built but I don't have $500.

If you have bad ankles, avoid running, you'll only exacerbate the issue and the arthritis will precipitate later in life from "wear-and-tear".

What you need to do is use a bicycle. If you can not afford one, I would suggest using one at the gym. Bike will allow you do a cardiac exercise without stressing your ankles.

Go to the gym, it is a great place to workout out. If you are insecure about your appearance, go to the gym either very early in the day or late at night, when it is not busy at all, and get your execise on.

As some who works in health care, I would recommend to get on it STAT, being overwheight has nothing good in store when you age, ranging from diabetes, arthritis to atherosclerosis and heart conditions.

Trying to lose weight (getting rid of some flab), I run often, I'm on a ball hockey team, ab exercises but I think my diet is kind of stagnating things. Any tips on a good diet?

And a stupid question, but are there ways to contribute to your growth (height)?

in 6 months you've only gained 15 pounds doing those type of workout? You must not be eating a lot. I've gained 20-25 pounds in less than 2 1/2 months just by doing heavy lifting and eating a lot of protein. I've gained so much in so little amount of time that people that see me are shocked and tell me what I've done to myself.

I've found as I work out more, that variation ism starting to be the key to keeping the fat loss going. I do a staple workout to start, which is usually Stationary Bike, an Hour run outdoors, or actually biking for an hour and a half. Then 3 days I do a 20 minute weight lifting routine ontop of that (Not trying to gain muscle, just maintain what I have). On the days I don't lift after my cardio, I do about 20 minutes worth of drills after my cardio instead.

It really becomes addicting after a while, I find myself trying to pile more and more into the workout, taking more and more time away from doing nothing at night :lol:

Archived