The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC member Workout Routines

WHL rocks

Wow your friend must look like a tooth pick lol. Well I'm 16 and I am hoping that I can have a growth spurt soon, I'm 5'5 and have size 9.5 shoes. About your metabolism, I understand... I was really skinny as a kid, but ate a lot. For some odd reason I really wanted a double chin(stupid me) so I ended up eating junk food at least twice a week(gaining weight thw bad way) But no w I'm better.

Yeah I know I need to make serious changes and I'm going to. I've received some great advice by pm and some in this thread and I'm putting together a plan. I'm going to start by going on walks and increasing the distance each day. I'm going to buy a few pieces of equipment to start exercising at home and try to change my eating but I guess that's a whole different subject.

I would love an exercise bike to ride while I watch tv and I'll probably ask for one for Christmas.

And with running I get severe pain in my right ankle and some in my left when I run, I've always had it. It's just not an option I'll have to ride an exercise bike since I'm afraid of road bikes since I've never really been on them.

Thought I would add in my workouts finally to this thread. Pretty simple really, I've had some minor knee/ankle problems so jogging was out of the question for me this year, so I have been hitting the pool and swimming a few times per week.

I found its an awesome workout for your whole body. First, its low-impact, so very little need to worry about bones/joints/etc except maybe your shoulders if they are really bad. Second, very good exercise for lung capacity, as a smoker and an asthmatic (not the smartest combo I admit) I've noticed a lot of improvement in my lung functions, they just keep getting stronger. Finally it really does work out nearly every muscle group in your body. You will not get built swimming but if you are looking to tone up then its the way to go, it becomes nearly impossible to neglect any part of your body so there's no need to come up with a complicated program that includes all your muscles.

The only real downside is that you won't bulk up, and its tough to use swimming to trim fat if you are not a strong swimmer, since you must have your heart rate up for a long time to start burning major calories in the pool. However, for toning it is an almost foolproof method regardless of how you go about it.

I have to admit it felt pretty awesome for me to be able to tone myself up while struggling with a bad knee. The reactions I got from some friends were pretty awesome, basically seeing someone who can't run around a track even once get more and more in shape I think really surprised some of them. Now that my body is healthy again I can do some cross training, which is where swimming really starts to become effective, since it targets everything, any other exercise you do will have its benefits increased greatly.

That made me laugh uncontrollably :lol:

Well, your foot size is usually a good indicator of height...so if your feet are still growing, you can expect your body to stretch out in the near future. Unfortunately, in between then, you'll have these ungainly clown feet.

July

elbfqf.jpg

15qrp87.jpg

August

33m04mu.jpg

vqnvx3.jpg

Today

2chpzd1.jpg

mrbknl.jpg

1199gcg.jpg

Here's my 4 month progress. I've been going to the gym regularly, however because of school and sickness I haven't been able to go as often as I would have liked. Moreover, I'm looking to start adding new exercises to my routine like squats and deadlifts. :D How would you rate my progress? I think it could've been better had I stuck to the plan.

Archived