The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jonathan Iilahti Talk

Squeak

seeing how he is willing to come over to Vancouver for prospects camp for a week two years in a row, I can't see why he wouldn't want to come over and play a full year to make sure his NHL potential is maxed. Very excited for this kid.

The canucks goalie prospect pool is really growing Lack, Iilahti, Cannata, Honzik. looking very bright

I searched but didn't see this thread...must have spelt his name wrong in the search field

Unless Jensen has improved in his consistancy over the summer, this is pretty much Jonathon's starting job to lose.

Brendan Jensen is a technically sound goalie. His movements are crisp, he doesn't over play shots and always has the angle. He just sometimes lacks focus and consistancy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2 of them platooned until one of them shows Don Hay that they are the clear choice.

Giants have just hired a new goaltending coach too: Paul Fricker. Not sure if Sean Murray left or was pushed. That and former Canuck goalie Glen Hanlon has signed on as an assistant coach for the upcoming season. So lots of good goaltending experience on the team now.

I searched but didn't see this thread...must have spelt his name wrong in the search field

Unless Jensen has improved in his consistancy over the summer, this is pretty much Jonathon's starting job to lose.

Brendan Jensen is a technically sound goalie. His movements are crisp, he doesn't over play shots and always has the angle. He just sometimes lacks focus and consistancy.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2 of them platooned until one of them shows Don Hay that they are the clear choice.

Giants have just hired a new goaltending coach too: Paul Fricker. Not sure if Sean Murray left or was pushed. That and former Canuck goalie Glen Hanlon has signed on as an assistant coach for the upcoming season. So lots of good goaltending experience on the team now.

That list of 3 goalies isn't just "meh"

Those are 3 fantastic WHL goalies, Helenius was here just a year but acquitted himself very well, and i shouldnt have to talk about Pickard and Tokarski

Archived