The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sergei Shirokov signs with KHL's CSKA Moscow team

WizardousSedinerie

Thanks AV.... another young talent wasted away.

We are only lucky that Hodgeson has thick skin and a good head on his shoulders otherwise he would have demanded a trade after AV publicly threw him under the bus calling him a faker.

That's where the decision likely laid. I'm sure Gillis would have liked to have him back, especially if he isn't able to get another top 6 guy this summer, but who knows where the sticking point was.

At the end of the day, Shiro had the chance to prove what he could do at training camp but came in out of shape.

He was 10 times more NHL ready than everyones fav rookie crush hodgson.

What a friggin joke. If I was a rookie on the Canucks right now i would give up. Apparently not even leading your ahl team in scoring and scoring in your first NHL game means u get a shot on the Canucks.

Bs

Shirokov wanted to play in the NHL, it was difficult for him, and instead of busting his butt, he'll take the easy way out and go play in the KHL. He wasn't good enough for the NHL, plain and simple, he has no one to blame but himself.

Idiotic comment. AV ruins prospects??? Ask Kesler, Bieksa and Burrows if they felt he ruins prospects. They were prospects under his tutelage. Seems to have turned out okay for them,

We have a veteran-laden roster that came within one game of the Stanley Cup its' hard for prospects to break in. Where did Shirokov fit???

Shirokov wanted to play in the NHL, it was difficult for him, and instead of busting his butt, he'll take the easy way out and go play in the KHL. He wasn't good enough for the NHL, plain and simple, he has no one to blame but himself.

Haven't really read anything other than a couple post causequite frankly 90% of the people that post have no idea about hockey, theyprobably have never played and have only been watching for 5 years. Bottom lineis Shirokov came here to play in the nhl, is good friends with ovechkin and hetold him to come over and do it.

Now for those of you that say training came determines your whole season get aclue!!! Just because you have a poor training came if you go down to the farmand prove yourself there and do the things they want you to do then you deservea chance. He got that chance and preformed well. He scored a goal and then wasbenched and sent back down ??? We will never know what happened but ithas been said that AV is very arrogant, this might possibly lead to not playingplayers based on not skill and performance but his arrogance.

AV never gave him a fair shot, but raymond who disappears for months on endnever gets benched. To me this is very questionable. Canucks as missing theboat big time on these prospects and i can't help be feel its AV's fault.Before AV we had marc crawford who played the twins, kesler, burrows, bieksaetc..... when they weren't proven and look what they became. something needs tochange

frackKKK

We are officially free agent frenzy LOSERS.

"Hands of stone" Higgins re-signed.

"More fragile than Salo" Sturm overpaid.

Shirokov walks to the KHL.

Horrible asset management by MG, absolutely horrible.

And for those of you pissed at AV's misuse of our prospects please read my thread:

Archived