apple_e0.gifapple_e0.gifapple_e0.gif

#32 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:24 AM

Sergei did NOT bolt. He was chased away by our precious "coach" - and I use the term advisedly. Two games in two years is just plain idiocy! Gee, thanks a bundle, you dumb oaf, you are solely responsible for giving him no chance at all. Drink that with your morning coffee!

AV is responsible for Shirokov not being here any longer? Gee, I would have placed some of that responsibility on Shirokov.

Oh well, if it's all AV's fault I say, "WAY TO GO, AV!!"

regards,
G.

PS - I've heard AV drinks his coffee black, black like his heart.

Posted Image
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#33 697canuck

697canuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:32 AM

may be he come back like wellwood?

i hope i hope

#34 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

He was never given a legitimate chance, which is too bad. I honestly thing he would have played well for us if he had been given a shot.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#35 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

i don't blame him at all AV here gave him no chance to play regularly first game up this season he looked dangerous and people have pointed out after his goal AV looked disappointed the next game he barely saw any ice time so whats the point of staying in this organization if the coach won't play you

he could of easily made the top 6 if given the chance and im sick of how AV treats rookies he has too many favorite plugs

#36 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

that really.. really sucks.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#37 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:34 AM

And now he can 'duel' in Russia.
Shirokov had talent but wasn't NHL ready......if he was, there would have been GM's calling Gillis to make a deal for him.
I wish him all the best with his new team and also thank him because now we can stop having umpteen posts about how MG and AV allegedly mishandled the Grabner situation. Or the trendy ' AV plays favorites!'.....Waaaaaaaaaaaa....
Unfortunately, now we will have kazillion posts about Shirokov.
Face it guys, he didn't fit with this team (or the other NHL teams) or he would still be here.

#38 Canucksfever 22

Canucksfever 22

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:41 AM

you beat me to it.i was just about to post it.well peace out sergie
winners never quit
quitters never win.

#39 filthycanuck

filthycanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

We're trying to model the Detroit system where you let a guy develop in the minors. The only part we miss is that you slowly work the guy in and give him a chance. Our GM seems to have forgotten that part. More young talent leaving our organization that was never given a chance. sigh.

Its not our GM, its our that moron of a coach we have behind the bench thats causing problems, thats whats really making nervous about Hodgson whether he's gonna get a chance. How can Mike Gillis properly asses players if Shirokov can't get a chance to play. You can probably say the same thing about Michael Grabner.

Shirokov played 1.5 games with us this year, the one game he played, he scored. Then next game i think it was against Calgary, Shirokov was our best player in the game, looking like he had a lot of jump, and he got benched for the 2nd half of the game because, AV wanted to give the ball to "his boys". Next thing you know, Sergei wakes up with a plane ticket back to Manitoba

Look at the players thats made our lineup and given a chance, guys like Glass, Bolduc, all AV's kind of players. Honestly who cares what roles they are, fact is if a player is good enough to play, he should. Put it this way...we bypassed Morrison, Shirokov, Hodgson to be in our lineup last years roster for guys like......Desbien, Peter Schaefer...thats just absolutely horrible

Alain Vigneult is the biggest problem with this team, always has been, always will be, he gets WAY too much credit for the job hes done this playoffs

#40 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:18 AM

Yeah, right...AV didn't like him so he didn't play him. Uh Huh Give your heads a shake. It's all about who gives the team the best chance to win on a regular basis. He didn't. Get over it. Some guys are prospects, some are suspects. He was always a suspect.

#41 Hotdawg

Hotdawg

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

Sad to not see him develop like he was starting to with Kesler. Good for him to bolt and try to recoup some of that cash he lost over here. Amazing how some guys get all the chances, and others can't get a break. He could have made it, but was given only a sniff. I guess we'll see him in 2014. shoulda, woulda, coulda...

#42 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:19 AM

<br /><br /><br />

WE SHOULD HAVE JUST PLAYED HIM! WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?

his fault....if he was not good enough to crack the canuck's line up, he would have....

#43 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:22 AM

WOW

another squandered asset by the Canucks. Shirokov should have stuck with the big club a couple of times this season, especially when MayRay had an epic 2 month drought.... Isn't that why we have prospects?

I don't know enough about who's running the show to put the blame on AV or MG... but at some level, someone is making stupid decisions with this team. (Why the frack didn't Schneider play game 6 in Boston, why wasn't Ballard used at all during the season, so when we needed him he wasnt a part of the team)

:canucks: I don't know, but the Canucks must have done something right, got to game 7 of the SC final. :canucks:

#44 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:24 AM

i can't believe people saying its his fault for not cracking the lineup he played great in the 1.5 games he was here its a shame when the coaching staff shows zero confidence in him

this won't hurt the canucks but him signing here could of helped if given a full season and and at least a chance to make the lineup

#45 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

This has nothing to do with Shiro being "Russian" and going back... he worked hard to improve himself here and make the NHL but he was simply never given a good chance. Gets re-called this year, scores an amazing first NHL goal, and then gets benched and sent back down? I never understood that. I guess this means Hodgson has a spot to lose come training camp... he better take it, because I was really looking forward to seeing Shirokov play next year. :(

Posted Image

3DS FC: 2664 3135 8148. Feel free to add me!

#46 DarkGhost

DarkGhost

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

He was 10 times more NHL ready than everyones fav rookie crush hodgson.

What a friggin joke. If I was a rookie on the Canucks right now i would give up. Apparently not even leading your ahl team in scoring and scoring in your first NHL game means u get a shot on the Canucks.

Bs
Canucks 2010/2011 Playoff Run facebook page now up!

http://www.facebook....6645799?sk=wall

"Are you a forum? Cause there's a troll in my pants!"

#47 icycold

icycold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

<br />Good the Guy Stunk Good call for you KNOT to re sign that Bum... He was Brutall in manitoba............ Money Talked and He walked...See yea Sucker.....<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I'm not sure if you looked at his numbers playing for the moose or your just that stupid! 50/50 i guess... (brutal) ?????? thinking either way you need to give your head a shake OR your just being a troll looking for attention...
HABS SUCK!!!

#48 ElfShotTheFood

ElfShotTheFood

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:53 AM

I wonder if people will shut up when it's revealed that he got offered way more money to play in Russia.

Probably not. :lol:

#49 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

Well I guess I have to take off my sig now :(

take care Shiro, its been fun chasing the NHL dream alongside you :)

2moy3iq.png

#50 PistolPete13

PistolPete13

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

<br />&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br /><br /><br />WE SHOULD HAVE JUST PLAYED HIM!  WHOSE FAULT IS THAT?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yes we should just play all of the new draft picks instead of the Sedins and Kesler. Then we can be just like the Isles and Florida.

Think Ricky!!!

#51 IceJava_

IceJava_

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,365 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

Bit of a bizarre turn of events.

Maybe he didn't want a two way contract. That's a lot of money to spend on someone if he can't play on this team after a fair assessment.
9,591 pc and counting.

#52 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

<br />WOW<br /><br />another squandered asset by the Canucks.   Shirokov should have stuck with the big club a couple of times this season, especially when MayRay had an epic 2 month drought.... Isn't that why we have prospects?<br /><br />I don't know enough about who's running the show to put the blame on AV or MG... but at some level, someone is making stupid decisions with this team. (Why the frack didn't Schneider play game 6 in Boston, why wasn't Ballard used at all during the season, so when we needed him he wasnt a part of the team)<br />

<br /><br /><br />

How is this a stupid decision on the part of the team? We made him a qualifying offer, he rejected it to play in Russia. We will never outbid the KHL on guys like Shirikov, he is Russian, they will pay heavily to have him, and we can't and maintain cap compliance. They have no cap, less physical, more offense vs defense, better suited for him.

How much should we have paid to retain him? 2M? 3M? 4M?
Sig too big.

#53 kaylapwns

kaylapwns

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

Not surprising, really. Didn't get a shot. He'd be playing in Florida or Long Island.

he should have played more if i was him id sign somewhere else to theirs only so long you can wait to make it on a team

#54 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:26 AM

Overrated and overhyped since day 1. Too much pressure on the kid, glad he'll be able to get a fresh start. The fans talked about this guy like he was the 2nd coming of Bure from the moment he signed.

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#55 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:32 AM

He got his chance, he's just too small.

The only chance he got this season he was the best forward in the lineup besides the Sedins.

His reward was being benched then sent down.

That isn't a chance. AV wasted this asset, and now we lose the asset.

#56 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,801 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

So, are the Pro-AV fans still supportive as he really didn't give Shiro a chance to stick?
Admittedly he hurt his chances when he came into camp out of shape.

Good luck Shiro.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#57 nick_winch

nick_winch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

it's too bad we lost him. he's got talent, he may be back in the NHL one day.
Posted Image

#58 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,330 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:42 AM

I feel good for him. He gave up two years of big Money for his dream.

Now make the money you deserve.

Subbancopy.jpg

#59 prana16

prana16

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

Yeah, right...AV didn't like him so he didn't play him. Uh Huh Give your heads a shake. It's all about who gives the team the best chance to win on a regular basis. He didn't. Get over it. Some guys are prospects, some are suspects. He was always a suspect.

Leading your team in scoring doesn't give the best chance to win?

Scoring in your first NHL game doesn't give your team the best chance to win?

I'm sure giving him no games but giving glass, bolduc and every other talentless scrub from the moose game, after game after scoreless game gave our team the best chance to win, give YOUR head a shake.

The two best offensive prospects we've had over the last few years and both gone for nothing.. well we got a defensemen for one of them but the coach don't play him either.. not his type of guy, Rome gives us a much better chance to win :rolleyes:

I'd bet my house that Hodgson comes to camp "out of shape" and we don't see him so that tanner glass has a roster spot this year.

#60 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

That bloody sucks! I was excited to see him make the team this year!
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.