The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I would not have a problem if the League announced some form of Trophy awarded much like theminister stated for most fights or something along those lines, perhaps the PIMS leader I don't know. But for the League Championship there is no need to name it after a player that is deceased. Let's stick to the program here and not stray off course in regards to the Championship Trophy.

The CDC Fantasy Cup, while only recently added, is the Fantasy Forums Holy Grail. It will not be re-named.

The league is considering multiple options this coming season to honour Rick Rypien as well as Luc Bourdon and Derek Boogaard. Details will be released when they are finalized.

Also, the Winnipeg Jets have announced that all players will have a RR37 sticker on their helmets for the 2011-12 season in honour of their teammate and friend.

No disrespect to Boogaard, but he wasn't a Canuck and while his death was also a tragedy, this is the CDC GML, not NHL GML.

Also Boogaard and Rypien played the same role.

This game encompasses all of the NHLs players and Boogaards death was tragic as well. I see no reason not to afford him the same tribute. If it was someone like Teemu Selanne, Nik Lidstrom or Joe Sakic, nobody would have an issue with something being done for them.

This game encompasses all of the NHLs players and Boogaards death was tragic as well. I see no reason not to afford him the same tribute. If it was someone like Teemu Selanne, Nik Lidstrom or Joe Sakic, nobody would have an issue with something being done for them.

thats also good...

I'd be ok with it. Or maybe we could have a special trophy for the player with the most fights?

Also, last year we didn't have a way of giving home ice advantage to teams in the playoffs. I floated an idea by the league exec last year that was too late to implement but I thought I'd run it past y'all.

How about spotting the home team 5 points so that if it is an exceptionally tight series than it will be a factor but it most cases will not? I think last year most series were won by over 20 points.

Thoughts?

Archived