The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Does anyone here use google chrome? My lap top is dying and both firefox and IE crash my comp now... thing is, when I check the team rosters on google docs I can't find the tabs to switch between the off season/minors/front office tabs...

Any help would be appreciated. And yes, I know... time for a new computer *sigh*

I don't really 'have an issue' with it... I just feel no connections to Boogaard - didn't really know him, didn't really see him except when he occasionally played with the wild against the Nucks, and honestly - same goes for Selanne, Lidstrom or Sakic... Sure they are all great players - but again, I feel no real connection to them because they never played for my team (Well Sakic did have a few appearances for team Canada - but Selanne and Lidstrom definitely not.)

Rypien on the other hand was a Canuck for life and that actually has some meaning for me. Same with Luc.

Like I said, this is the CDC GML, not the NHL GML... sure the game encompasses all NHL players, but what... are we going to have memorial trophies for every hockey player who's career was cut short tragically?

How about Tom Cavanagh? Dan Snyder?

This game also encompasses players from minor league teams and there have been tragic deaths that have cut short the careers of players who didn't get a chance to play an NHL game yet - why not awards for them?

My point was, I guess we need to draw a line somewhere, and personally I think it makes more sense to draw it at Canuck players.

Just my thoughts.

My 2 cents.

I am a Canucks fan (obviously, for those who know me). I am pretty much a fan of anyone who has played here. All great memories.

I do not think that the Rypien trophy is appropriate. Players like Trevor Linden deserve a trophy named in their honour, players like Rypien deserve our fond thoughts and appreciation.

In this CDCGML league the trophies count for points, which (if you remember last year) can play a HUGE role in the final standings at the end of the year. PIM`s effect our game enough as it is, I feel it would be a travesty to have a trophy based on PIMS that could bump a deserving team out of the playoffs after the completion of the season.

I`ll miss ya Rypien, and I bet Winnipeg would have been a great home for you.

My 2 cents.

I am a Canucks fan (obviously, for those who know me). I am pretty much a fan of anyone who has played here. All great memories.

I do not think that the Rypien trophy is appropriate. Players like Trevor Linden deserve a trophy named in their honour, players like Rypien deserve our fond thoughts and appreciation.

In this CDCGML league the trophies count for points, which (if you remember last year) can play a HUGE role in the final standings at the end of the year. PIM`s effect our game enough as it is, I feel it would be a travesty to have a trophy based on PIMS that could bump a deserving team out of the playoffs after the completion of the season.

I`ll miss ya Rypien, and I bet Winnipeg would have been a great home for you.

After reflecting on it last night, and considering what both you and McLean:LOTP said earlier, I'm inclined to agree.

mon_comp.gif

Montreal Canadiens Press Release

The Montreal Canadiens have made two moves to bolster the depth in their organization, signing free agent netminder Brad Thiessen to a 3-year deal worth $1.95M while also acquiring defenseman Ryan Parent from the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Clay Wilson.

Thiessen, 25, played with Wilkes-Barre of the AHL last year and had a sparkling 35-8-1 record with a 1.94 GAA and .922 save percentage with 7 shutouts. Those number earned him the Baz Bastien Award for best goaltender in the AHL, joining the likes of Ryan Miller, Dwayne Roloson, Corey Schnieder and Jonathon Bernier as winners of this prestigious award. The former Hobey Baker Award finalist is projected to become the starting netminder for the North Dakota Fighting Sioux this season with Sami Aittokallio backing him up.

Parent, 24, played with Manitoba of the AHL for the bulk of last season, though he did get into 4 NHL games as well. Drafted 25th overall in 2005, the former first-round pick is already a veteran of 106 NHL games and 133 AHL games, and is projected to be a top defender in North Dakota this coming season.

Both Thiessen and Parent will be joining the Montreal Canadiens main training camp this September. While projected to play with North Dakota this season, they will be given every opportunity to make the Habs regular season roster along with all of the other players in the organization.

Oh give me a freaking break....

DEVILS' ZAJAC TO MISS START OF SEASON FOLLOWING SURGERY

98506467-430x296.jpg

New Jersey Devils forward Travis Zajac will miss 8-to-10 weeks of action in the upcoming season following surgery to repair his left Achilles tendon.

The procedure took place Thursday morning in Winnipeg.

Zajac, who is entering his sixth season in the NHL - all with the Devils, suffered the injury during off-ice training earlier in the week.

Last season, the 26-year-old posted 13 goals and 31 assists over 82 games. In 408 career NHL games, he's recorded 89 goals and 160 assists.

So my centers to start the year go from Kesler-Zajac to Morrison Lapierre.

FML....

The Jets are looking to add a top 6 winger!

PREDS STILL MAKING MOVES

August 18th, 2011, 19:00 EST

Beklund

The anonymous hockey blogger

Nashville has made some sweeping changes to their roster with several free agent signings this off season. No greater hole in their roster has been filled than the one on the blue line. Word is the Preds are waiting on one or two more signings to give them the defense they are looking for to go into the season.

GM EOTM is quoted as saying "We're waiting on one or two more signings to give them the defense they are looking for to go into the season."

See I told you that was the word.

It seems as well they are looking to make another trade. We're hearing from multiple sources that a deal is in place to send a young defenseman out for a hard hitting forward. Stick with us for more news as we get it.

B4

Washington Capitals ink Jamie Langenbrunner to a two year deal

langenbrunner_1.jpg

The Washington Capitals made their second major addition to this season's roster by signing Jamie Langenbrunner to a two year deal worth five million dollars. Langenbrunner decided to come to Washington to become a mentor to the Capitals up and coming players and to help take the team to the next level.

"I am really excited to have this deal done because of where this organization is clearly headed. At this point of my career, I want to teach younger hockey players how to play the game and would love to make a difference. This organization has what I believe to be one of the strongest group of up and coming players and I just feel really enthusiastic about what is happening here."

Langenbrunner has already won three Stanley Cups and captained the USA silver medal winning team in 2010. He is a born leader and will most definitely make a great impact on his new team.

Archived