The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Buyout window information

We are opening a second buyout window, effective immediately and going until midnight of September 10, 2011.

To buy out a player, simply PM me and let me know who you are buying out. I will process the buyout and the changes will appear on your chart. Any player bought out becomes an unrestricted free agent.

Players that are bought out will have a percentage of their contract still counting against the salary cap. The scale is below. Any player who was signed to a contract in our game on July 1st or later is considered as 'recently signed'. Any player signed before that day is a regular buyout. Using examples of players from my team so nobody complains about tampering. :P I do NOT plan on buying these players out. The cap hits incurred by players bought out will appear in the 'Traded' section of your team chart.

Regular buyout - 25% of cap hit for remaining years of term.

Example: Mason Raymond $2.8 million / 4 = $700,000 cap hit for one season.

Recently signed buyout - 50% of cap hit for 2x remaining years of term.

Example: Chris Higgins $2.925 million / 2 = $1,462,500 for four seasons.

Just waking up, so I feel like I didn't explain this overly well. Questions or concerns welcome.

Just so that I can be clear...

If a player like Mike Grier doesn't sign and retires he comes off my roster right?

If I buyout said player and he retires does the cap penalty still count against my cap?

I would think the answer to both of these is yes but I just want to make sure.

Yes and yes

Nashville Depth Chart

Left Wing

R. Whitney (Phx)

T. Connelly (Tor)

R. Torres (Phx)

E. Christenson (NYR)

Center

S. Koiku (Ana)

V. Fiddler (Dal)

J. McClement (Col)

T. Stapleton (WPG)

Right Wing

S. Doan (Phx)

S. Kostitsyn (Mtl)

A. Stewart (Car)

BJ. Crombeen (StL)

M. Grier (Limbo)

Defense

D. Phaneuf (Tor)

S. Montador (Chi)

B. Jackman (StL)

S. O'Donell (Chi)

J. Eriksson (Det)

R. Whitney (Edm)

J. Harrison (Car)

S. Morrisson (Buf)

Goalie

D. Roloson (TB)

J. Gustavson (Tor)

Nashville Depth Chart

Left Wing

R. Whitney (Phx)

T. Connelly (Tor)

R. Torres (Phx)

E. Christenson (NYR)

Center

S. Koiku (Ana)

V. Fiddler (Dal)

J. McClement (Col)

T. Stapleton (WPG)

Right Wing

S. Doan (Phx)

S. Kostitsyn (Mtl)

A. Stewart (Car)

BJ. Crombeen (StL)

M. Grier (Limbo)

Defense

D. Phaneuf (Tor)

S. Montador (Chi)

B. Jackman (StL)

S. O'Donell (Chi)

J. Eriksson (Det)

R. Whitney (Edm)

J. Harrison (Car)

S. Morrisson (Buf)

Goalie

D. Roloson (TB)

J. Gustavson (Tor)

Rumor:

Despite saying recently that he was content with his roster going into the season, multiple sources suggest that Montreal Canadiens GM _arby_18 has made a fairly big move just weeks before training camp. If the rumor mill is to be believed then it could be Mike Komisarek that is on his way out of town along with the teams' 1st Round Pick, but the sources were non-committal about the players that are involved. One source is suggesting that the other team involved is from the Western Conference but that is all of the information we were able to obtain. Stay tuned for more information.

Columbus Hockey Source Blog:

Sources inside the Blue Jackets organization report a major deal was just rejected by the league due to a player refusing to waive a NMC. No word on who the player was, but speculation is it was an elite #1 center to play with Lucic this season. With training camp quickly approaching, there are still many holes left in the Blue Jackets roster including a true starting center to anchor the first line and GM Aixtek appears to have had another massive relapse.

When contacted earlier tonight by telephone, Aixtek was unable to answer questions coherently however CHSB was able to get a short interview with head coach Pimpnovski, who despite claimed to have had more to drink that night then Aixtek, was perfectly understandable (once you got through that thick Russian accent).

CHSB: So who was it that turned down the trade?

Pimpnovski: It is unprofessional to answer that question, but he will regret not joining in the near future. Columbus will be a contender for the Cup very soon, mark my words, comrade.

CHSB: So what now?

Pimpnovski: We do not send men in the middle of the night, the player will be unharmed. These other things about spies and the cold war are just gossip, nothing more.

CHSB: I meant, for the team, how will Columbus move forward?

Pimpnovski: We will find a true #1 center to lead our team into the future, one with strong blood - a warrior who never stops fighting. Nothing less will be accepted.

Archived