The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Even tougher to get more than a 23 man roster when you openly bash your team, laugh at the thought of them contending, trade players that have just been signed, and have UFA contract offers that look like this:

Player A - 3 years. $2.7 million

Player B - 4 years, $8 million

Player C - 6 years, $25.4 million NTC

Player D - 4 years, $10 million

and so on...

Just sayin...

No changes will be made to the Front Office system. And there is no deadline, but once it's submitted you can't change it until after the season.

I hope you're not taking things to personally... I wasn't going to name names or anything, but all 3 agents have been sent stuff by me that long ago, and I know I'm not the only one waiting on stuff - my point to Mike was, if we're this backlogged how can you say you're worried about GM's not filling their roster? I wasn't saying anything about players rejecting my offers either, sure I've missed out on some bigger name signings but when I look what they were offered compared to mine I wouldn't say for a second they should have come to play for me instead. What I was (mildly) complaining about was lack of communication from agents... hey, if I sent a 6 word contract offer, I don't expect more then a 2 word answer... but if GM's aren't getting one for several weeks, rosters aren't going to fill up.

And yeah, when I took over CBJ, they were complete bullox, last place team, very little hope - you may call it "bashing them" and "laughing at the thought of them contending" - I call it being realistic. Since I've made some changes, when was the last time I did that? Hmmm, my last few posts might even be the exact opposite... ?

Also, I never shopped those players I signed and traded - they were requested in a deal that was very beneficial to the team. Now all Free Agents know when I offer an NTC it actually means something. Besides, if, according to you, my team is so undesirable for players to go to, why would they be disappointed in getting traded to another better team after signing a big fat contract I offered them?

Obviously I'm new at this game, and I'm still learning - but hey, at least I'm active...

and all things considered, I'm happy with the way things are run, I'm happy with my offers (I have added more detail to some specific players that I wanted - they haven't ALL been like that :P) I'm happy with my team and I'm pretty happy playing this game. The only thing about this game I'm really not happy about is the speed it works at.

GM's have famillies and personal lives as well do they not ?

No problem being patient, but this is a collective effort among GM's and Agents to move this thing along. Free Agency is not something that needs to take alot of time per player or to be stressed about. If a fair way to go is wait for multiple offers on a player well thats great and im all for it, but it's been over two months since free agency began so I think ample time has been given for this and we really do need to just simply put get it done.

Being the offseason it is understandable to have a slow pace to things from the League / Agents / Teams, but this is a busy time for teams gearing up for the season too and I cannot stress enough how many teams seriously need to fill spots on their teams still.

There is no reason to have this turn into a major workload or mountain of PM's, can we not plug away at this thing daily ?

A couple suggestions i have is to 1: Add another agent or two and loosen the strings a bit so things move smoother, more efficient. 2: Goes with adding more Agents, as there does appear to be a minor concern to this point regarding some teams roster sizes, why not have agents write up a pitch to a team from a player ? could be interesting as well and help balance rosters.

Last seson teams were still signing players after the season started, I was hoping we could wrap alot of this up by Training Camp personally which is just a week away.

Nothing but respect for theminister, canuck2xtreme, and Lethunder and all your time is appreciated.

OMG, my heart goes out to Russia and their lost KHL team... I was always a Pavol Demitra fan. So sad. Two possible survivors, and I hope your one of them.

Also lost are Josef Vasicek, Ruslan Salei and Karlis Skrastins as well as coaches Brad McCrimmon, Alexander Karpotsev, and the rest of a young team. Tough summer for hockey :(

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...3#ixzz1XHUrfMQC

Horrible, horrible offseason for the hockey world. RIP to all those who lost their lives in the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl plane crash.

The Toronto Maple Leafs are extremely pleased that Scott Hannan has chosen to join our club. We feel Scott is an excellent addition to our club and we look forward to watching him patrol the blueline this season.

OMG, my heart goes out to Russia and their lost KHL team... I was always a Pavol Demitra fan. So sad. Two possible survivors, and I hope your one of them.

Also lost are Josef Vasicek, Ruslan Salei and Karlis Skrastins as well as coaches Brad McCrimmon, Alexander Karpotsev, and the rest of a young team. Tough summer for hockey :(

Read more: http://www.digitaljo...3#ixzz1XHUrfMQC

Archived