The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Mike and the New Jersey Devils are in the very small club of elite teams in this league (I can think of 5)... He has built and worked the roster to create a hell of a mean team, and they will do very well this year. Anyone who criticizes him better have a team of similar stature before they even open their mouths.

Anyone know a guy named Mike Keenan? How bout a guy named Brian Burke? Were they known for being popular and nice?

If a player won`t play for NJ because the GM has some mercenary tactics at times, that`s fine. There are just as many players who like to win.

I agree with Squeak... Have fun poking at guys, but keep your critiques to yourself... undoubtedly, you WILL be next. Respect is paramount.

Besides, nobody gets to bug Mikey till I take him down in the first round come April towel.gif. BOOM.

Mike and the New Jersey Devils are in the very small club of elite teams in this league (I can think of 5)... He has built and worked the roster to create a hell of a mean team, and they will do very well this year. Anyone who criticizes him better have a team of similar stature before they even open their mouths.

Anyone know a guy named Mike Keenan? How bout a guy named Brian Burke? Were they known for being popular and nice?

If a player won`t play for NJ because the GM has some mercenary tactics at times, that`s fine. There are just as many players who like to win.

I agree with Squeak... Have fun poking at guys, but keep your critiques to yourself... undoubtedly, you WILL be next. Respect is paramount.

Besides, nobody gets to bug Mikey till I take him down in the first round come April except the team that has taken him down two years in a row. towel.gif. BOOM.

QUESTION TO THE AGENTS + OTHER GM'S OF INTERESTED ON HAVING AN INPUT:

DO YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE A MINOR LEAGUE IR IMPLEMENTED?

I brought this up last year after Stalock was out for the season last year, and was wondering what other GMs thought. If a minor league player on a minor league team was out for an extended period of time, isn't there an IR system in place for those teams too?

QUESTION TO THE AGENTS + OTHER GM'S OF INTERESTED ON HAVING AN INPUT:

DO YOU THINK THERE SHOULD BE A MINOR LEAGUE IR IMPLEMENTED?

I brought this up last year after Stalock was out for the season last year, and was wondering what other GMs thought. If a minor league player on a minor league team was out for an extended period of time, isn't there an IR system in place for those teams too?

Well, conceivably I could do it but there were two road blocks when I looked into it last year.

1. It's tough to track because not all of the leagues report the same way. The CHL is notoriously difficult to get info about and I can't even imagine tracking the SEL.

2. It's a lot more work for c2x to keep the cap sheets up to date.

I'm not opposed to it but we'd need an agreed upon source(s) and the commish would need to be willing to do the extra work which I'm not sure he has time for.

My biggest concern is that it is a lot of work that will have little effect but that depends on it's usage I suppose.

Archived