The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

BTW...I just noticed that when clicking on the Oilers link on the OP, the roster for Toronto comes up.

Since that roster is not the current roster for the Edmonton Oilers, as was indicated when I was hired, my legal team declares that Oilers have breached the 'good faith' clause in the GM contract.

I no longer will be acting as GM of the Oilers.....first they trade an injured player to the Kings and now this?! Yeesh!

Fortunately, I had also submitted an application to take on the duties of General Manager of the Pittsburgh Penguins.....subject to League approval.

I hope the League fines the Edmonton Oilers for their heinous act of fraud and breach of contract....and may the Commissioner have mercy on their souls.

So, we have openings for the current postions of GM, and we will make this first comer first serve:

New York Rangers

Saskatchewan (should go back to Nashville IMHO)

Detroit

Pittsburgh

Columbus

Dallas

St Louis

Florida-Azzy Mahmood

Edmonton-Sharpshooter

Any interested parties should apply with an application to canuck2xtreme. Check the OP for the team rosters.

*New Report*

"What Have You Done For Me Lately?"

Story by Keith Stone - 'The Pittsburgh Free Press'

Sources close to the Pittsburgh Penguins are hearing rumblings that the new GM and management team will likely file for arbitration with RFA Nikolai Zherdev. Much hype and expectations were on the shoulders of this potential top 6 forward this past season, however, the results were not what the Penguins had hoped for.

The enigmatic Russian had signed for a 1year $2million contract last year and sources say that the Penguins may offer him a contract before arbitration takes place.

More to come.

Done and done. Welcome to the game GermanCanuck!

Note to our new GMs, we'll need an email address for stat tracking when the season starts if you want updated standings emailed to you every week (or daily if you prefer).

Also, is the Canucks GM still involved in this league? Or was he part of the exodus?

Note to all new incoming GMs:

There will be a lot to learn and we will have a short tutorial within a few days to get you all up to speed. Just hang tight for the time being and we will endeavor to answer all of your questions in an organized manner.

At the moment, simply familiarize yourself with your roster and the rules as outlined in the OP.

Congrats and good luck!

/ Yay, Wilb. Great news. Great news.

Note to all new incoming GMs:

There will be a lot to learn and we will have a short tutorial within a few days to get you all up to speed. Just hang tight for the time being and we will endeavor to answer all of your questions in an organized manner.

At the moment, simply familiarize yourself with your roster and the rules as outlined in the OP.

Congrats and good luck!

/ Yay, Wilb. Great news. Great news.

Tutorial? Sweet... :lol:

And very glad that Wilb has returned. While quiet on occasion, he's a strong GM and is very knowledgeable when it comes to dealing with his players and other GMs. Also glad to hear everything seems to be going well for him on a personal level. :)

thanks

e-mail sended

when and how i´m able to work on the team?

do i just have to sign in at google ?

I edit the charts for you when you make a trade or signing, but signing in at google is a good way to keep track of everything. You can view your roster and formulate your plan, create your depth chart and see your cap situation. Also, in regards to searching for unsigned players, I've found CDCs search engine to be very hit or miss. So the best way I've discovered is to open all the teams charts once in Google. Then they are listed in your viewed files. Then when you want to search a player, instead of scouring the thread or going through every team chart, you can just search the players name on Google Docs and it will show you the team chart the players name is on. If it doesn't find anyone, the player is still available.

Edit: this is most effective during the season. Unsigned UFAs are still listed on team cap charts under pending UFAs, so a player who is available would show up on a teams chart. But you can still go to that chart and see if they are under contract or a UFA.

I edit the charts for you when you make a trade or signing, but signing in at google is a good way to keep track of everything. You can view your roster and formulate your plan, create your depth chart and see your cap situation. Also, in regards to searching for unsigned players, I've found CDCs search engine to be very hit or miss. So the best way I've discovered is to open all the teams charts once in Google. Then they are listed in your viewed files. Then when you want to search a player, instead of scouring the thread or going through every team chart, you can just search the players name on Google Docs and it will show you the team chart the players name is on. If it doesn't find anyone, the player is still available.

Edit: this is most effective during the season. Unsigned UFAs are still listed on team cap charts under pending UFAs, so a player who is available would show up on a teams chart. But you can still go to that chart and see if they are under contract or a UFA.

Archived