The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

So had my real life hockey pool draft tonight.

12 teams, 14 rounds - Snake draft order.

Scoring is head to head every week on yahoo sports, where you win a 'point' for having the most of one category for the week. ( so if I end up with 13 G for the week, and my competitor has 8 G for the week, I win that point. There is a point for each category)

Scoring is : G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG and faceoff wins. ( goalies are: W, L, S%, GAA, SO)

I got ( not in order of rounds):

Getzlaf

Kopitar

Giroux ( listed as RW on yahoo)

Tavares

Little ( listed as RW on yahoo)

J. Jokinen

Gionta

Benn

Pominville

E. Johnson

Yandle

Pietrangelo

Fleury

Hillier

I made sure to target players that were balanced between G and A and as much Faceoff wins as possible with Giroux, Tavares, Kopitar, and Little as actual centres.

So had my real life hockey pool draft tonight.

12 teams, 14 rounds - Snake draft order.

Scoring is head to head every week on yahoo sports, where you win a 'point' for having the most of one category for the week. ( so if I end up with 13 G for the week, and my competitor has 8 G for the week, I win that point. There is a point for each category)

Scoring is : G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, GWG and faceoff wins. ( goalies are: W, L, S%, GAA, SO)

I got ( not in order of rounds):

Getzlaf

Kopitar

Giroux ( listed as RW on yahoo)

Tavares

Little ( listed as RW on yahoo)

J. Jokinen

Gionta

Benn

Pominville

E. Johnson

Yandle

Pietrangelo

Fleury

Hillier

I made sure to target players that were balanced between G and A and as much Faceoff wins as possible with Giroux, Tavares, Kopitar, and Little as actual centres.

Not too concerned about PIM - Getzlaf gets his share ( compared to other players of his point production -- although after checking it, I thought he got more)

I am a little worried about +/-, but it should be okay.

I expect one major injury, so then I will pick up a player who is doing well for +/-

Boston Bruins revised 2011-12 Roster

Sedin (VAN) - Sedin (VAN) - Stafford (BUF)

Umberger (CBS) - Stepan (NYR) - Kennedy (PIT)

Wolski (NYR) - Sutter (CAR) - Brouwer (WAS)

Nodl )PHI) - Perreault (WAS) - Hansen (VAN)

Parse (LOS) - Betts (PHI)

Brett MacLean - Joey Hishon - Quinton Howden

Visnovsky (ANA) - Bieksa (VAN)

Boychuk (BOS) - Shattenkirk (STL)

Schlemko (PHO) - Jones (WPG)

Sloan (NAS)

Cameron Gaunce - Alex Urbom - Martin Marincin

Ward (CAR)

Boucher (CAR)

Alexander Salak

Robin Lehner

COLUMBUS TIMES BREAKING NEWS:

Rumors out of Columbus are suggesting that Blue Jackets GM Aixtek has, after acquiring Wilson, made more then 1 key trade to improve CBJ's depth chart, Columbus Times News has Aixtek on quote as saying "The Blue Jackets will need time to be champions, that means we focus right now on the Nukes... tomorrow? Who knows?"

More announcements to come, but one thing is for certain... the Blue Jackets are looking to be aggressive competitors in the near future. Sources indicate CBJ is still very much in the market for more draft picks and hot prospects but specifically young wingers with a chance to make the jump to the NHL full time and RFA D-men who are ready to make an impact this year, Langkow and Alfredsson might be on the block.

Columbus has so far made 17 trades this offseason, including 3 with PITs and 3 with FLO.

Archived