The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

having said that, i suppose a good GM like Gillis would account for 'averages' of lost player days in any given season, times average player salary and then hope that his team is not below the average for lost player days in any given year where that GM has factored in a 'LTIR' soft cap budget, based on averages...a la Gillis and his Moneypuck philosophy..a little too complicated for a fantasy league GM if you ask me. get the best players you can under the cap, roster them and if they get hurt, replace em. simple.

Mad props to the amazing Yoshi who dropped a code my way within an hour of the post! Thank you so much!

Thanks to this sanctified brotherhood and network, I am locked in to see Montreal, Washington and Buffalo!!

Respect your fellow GM`s, there are some amazing people in this bunch!!

I didn't even know you could do that! GAHHH!! :frantic:

My alarm is set to go off 5 minutes before tickets go on sale this morning, so I can be ready to go...

A number of the newer GMs have had some issues regarding their front office budgets and how they work.... I'd like to poll our members and ask what they'd think of a few solutions to ease the transition.

As I usually say, rules are rules, but at least 6 GMs have mentioned confusion with the process, so since they're new and there's a steep learning curve anyways, I wonder if we should cut them a bit of slack here. Any fix would be available to all teams so no team would not have this oppourtunity afforded to them.

Suggestion #1: Do a mass reset of the Front Office budget numbers. Starting today, any team is able to reset their front office budget (ONCE) if they so desire. The rules still apply and once it's set, it can't be altered until next season. But every GM would have an oppourtunity to correct any oversights they may have made.

Suggestion #2: Teams have a one week period to make a small adjustment ($5 million maximum) to their Front Office budgets. Again, this would be available to every team.

Also open to other suggestions as well. Curious to hear our members thoughts on this one.

personally i´m fine with my front office budget and iguees i understood most of the things excepted the players development.

the only thing i was asking for is if i could rise my total budget for the roster(minors)

i have noticed that all players here have different total budgets for their nhl teams and their minor teams.

the budget for my minor team is 19 Million $ and i have seen that another player just has a 5 Million $ for his Minor Team for an example. is there an end or could i rise my team budget to over 100 Million $?

and whats about suggestion 2#...does this means we could add 5 Million more to our Front Office?

A number of the newer GMs have had some issues regarding their front office budgets and how they work.... I'd like to poll our members and ask what they'd think of a few solutions to ease the transition.

As I usually say, rules are rules, but at least 6 GMs have mentioned confusion with the process, so since they're new and there's a steep learning curve anyways, I wonder if we should cut them a bit of slack here. Any fix would be available to all teams so no team would not have this oppourtunity afforded to them.

Suggestion #1: Do a mass reset of the Front Office budget numbers. Starting today, any team is able to reset their front office budget (ONCE) if they so desire. The rules still apply and once it's set, it can't be altered until next season. But every GM would have an oppourtunity to correct any oversights they may have made.

Suggestion #2: Teams have a one week period to make a small adjustment ($5 million maximum) to their Front Office budgets. Again, this would be available to every team.

Also open to other suggestions as well. Curious to hear our members thoughts on this one.

personally i´m fine with my front office budget and iguees i understood most of the things excepted the players development.

the only thing i was asking for is if i could rise my total budget for the roster(minors)

i have noticed that all players here have different total budgets for their nhl teams and their minor teams.

the budget for my minor team is 19 Million $ and i have seen that another player just has a 5 Million $ for his Minor Team for an example. is there an end or could i rise my team budget to over 100 Million $?

and whats about suggestion 2#...does this means we could add 5 Million more to our Front Office?

There is no 'adding' to the front office budgets. Each team has $35 million to spread out however they like. Some teams have expressed concerns about misunderstanding the rule before they allocated their funds. The suggested fixes would only allow teams to redistribute their funds entirely, or move up to $5 million around to adjust.

Archived