The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

While I'm flabbergasted this deal has happened, vetoing this trade is the first step on a slippery slope you don't want to be on my friend.

Once you veto this trade, why not veto the next one that angers a gm or two? When are you going to stop?

If we start veto'ing trades because we don't like them you all may have to find a new GM for Nashville.

If there is a pattern of things (because lets face it the only reason a veto really happens is because people think there is some sort of tampering) at that point maybe we do something. As far as pride in this league having the smartest people that may well be but some of the trade proposals I've received from several people here would tell me not to be too worried here.

Why didn't anybody say anything when Aix was killing Columbus? Where was the pride then Cal?

This trade isn't great for Colorado but we also don't know his mindset as to how he wants to run his team and what vision he has for it. People pissed and moaned about my trade with Mong involving Lucic and in the end as far as points go I believe he's winning that deal currently; if not it's not that wide of a margin.

My only problem with this deal is it brings to light that there is a GM here who we never see anything from...to the point where people had to ask who the GM was. Even if not wheeling and dealing I also think that everyone in a league should have some sort of social connection. That's just me though. There's been plenty of head turningly weird trades since I came here (looking back 2 involving me actualy) and this one isn't much worse than my first trade in this league.

IMO...everyone just chill. Don't pull a D.B. here.

C2X,

I know your working hard to get caught up, the following are not reflected on pickuphockey.com

Justin Falk called up

Patrick O'Sullivan cleared waivers and assigned to Saskatoon

Peter Regin activated from LTIR prior to his first game back

Adam Burish activated from LTIR the other day

My google docs appear to be in order, but the changes didn't translate on pickuphockey.

Thanks! Oh and Regin played and got me 2 penalty points on the 10th. Pretty sure the others don't have points to worry about in the affected time.

Edit: current linup

Steve Sullivan - Jason Spezza - Daniel Briere

Andrei Kostitsyn - Kyle Brodziak - Brendan Morrison

Travis Moen - Peter Regin - Niklas Hagman

Marco Sturm - Adam Burish+ - Shawn Thornton

Jared Boll

Sami Salo - Mike Green+

Zbynek Michalek+ - Henrik Tallinder

Derek Morris - T.J. Brodie

Mike Lundin - Justin Falk

James Reimer

Sergei Bobrovsky

*Saskatoon Tigers HCL*

F: Mike Duco - Kirill Kabanov - O'Sullivan - Cody Bass

D: Colton Teubert

G: Ben Bishop, Jeff Frazee

C2X,

I know your working hard to get caught up, the following are not reflected on pickuphockey.com

Justin Falk called up

Patrick O'Sullivan cleared waivers and assigned to Saskatoon

Peter Regin activated from LTIR prior to his first game back

Adam Burish activated from LTIR the other day

My google docs appear to be in order, but the changes didn't translate on pickuphockey.

Thanks! Oh and Regin played and got me 2 penalty points on the 10th. Pretty sure the others don't have points to worry about in the affected time.

Check tomorrow and let me know, they should have all been updated. I think I had missed the Regin one but I just put that through so it should be all good tomorrow.

Pickup has been doing some weird things lately.... :huh:

I think we should just move on, its a trade. Its not like Bettman owning a team and also administering a team like Phoenix through the league offices..and then making a lopsided trade with phoenix...that is not the case. You as a player made a trade with another player. Nuff said. People are belly aching cuz they likely want the players involved and think you didn't pay enough. I think a first for a prospect and a fist full of guys for Rome is close enough to fair.

Bet%20On%20Hockey%20Western%20Conference%20150x100.jpg

Central Division Standings:

small.pngSt.Louis - 1869

small.pngDetroit - 1847

small.png Nashville - 1730

small.pngChicago - 1273

small.pngColumbus - 1165

Northwest Division Standings:

small.pngWinnipeg - 2071

small.pngEdmonton - 1989

small.pngVancouver - 1857

small.pngCalgary - 1792