The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Fair enough, I see your point and I understand where you're coming from. At the same time, I believe both you and I would agree that something has to be done about this COL GM. He doesn't actively post in this thread, takes weeks to answer PMs, if at all, and then comes and pulls this ridiculous stunt? He clearly shows the lack of knowledge and commitment to be a part of this league. I think we should find a new GM for COL.

Yuck. Hire Maurice or even Carlyle for heaven's sake.........Melrose...haha. Has 10 games and fired for being totally out of touch with the team and reality written all over him.

Maurice is the guy they should go for if they need a communicator. Carlyle if they need a guy to bring the hammer down.

EDIT: And Melrose if they need to rock a mullet on the jumbotron every stoppage in play.

:towel:

when I asked this question earlier in the season I believe it was Sharpshooter who mentioned that he is active, and has posted from time to time, but I guess he has not made any moves since the season started, since his pickuphockey.com roster is unchanged from day one. I believe that inactivity IS a valid reason for us to be concerned...but disagreeing with a trade, well you already know my opinion, no need to go back there.

Side Note on the LA Kings coach in real life being fired..I heard that they may be looking at the old coach from 1993 to come back there and take over again. lol

Dogbyte had stated that he didn't plan on making any moves until what he felt was a sufficient period of time had elapsed so that he could truly assess what moves he needed to make. He may not post everyday, but I see him around and if his style is to take a wait and see approach and he's already said that will be his approach, then I don't have any problems with that.

The Habs couldn't have acquired Mark Streit at a better time.

Captain Zdeno Chara will miss some time with a knee injury that was sustained on Saturday evening. The initial report suggested that 'Big Z' would miss at least a week, and could be out until after Christmas, but he is apparently feeling better today which is fantastic news. Expect Chara to miss the next game for certain, but we will evalutate on a day-to-day basis.

On top of that, it appears that Jon Blum, one of the major free-agent signings for Montreal this past summer, has lost all confidence since showing up in Montreal. Whether it is the big-lights of the Bell Centre, or the the major increase in media attention from playing in a Canadian market, the end result it that the yound d-man appears overwhelmed. The Montreal brass has decided that they will not send Blum to North Dakota, but will instead have him work on his game with the big-club while acting as the 8th d-man. We still believe in Jon and believe that he has bright future here in Montreal , but we feel that at the moment it is in his best interest, and our as well, for him to step back and watch from the press box for a few games.

The updated blue-line looks like this:

Streit - Coburn

Kindl - Greene

Hainsey - Ellerby

Chara - Blum

Dogbyte had stated that he didn't plan on making any moves until what he felt was a sufficient period of time had elapsed so that he could truly assess what moves he needed to make. He may not post everyday, but I see him around and if his style is to take a wait and see approach and he's already said that will be his approach, then I don't have any problems with that.

I was fired last year, there is no doubt i wasn't mature enough, but i feel i was put in a no win situation.

No star players, no 4th overall pick, and a team that had 10 (?) forwards.

I think if a player is put in a situation like that, then they should take some time off to mature and come back.

I don't want to see that with Colorado though. I feel he is a very competent gm. The one thing i would advise is to actually post the FC's if the trade looks like a lopsided deal (IE my deal with Philly for Boedker)

just my 2 cents.

Archived