The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

The SJS would like to publicly state that many players are still available on the trading block, including, but not exclusively:

S Sullivan

B Morrison

S Salo (Considering NTC)

All players that could be very valuable to a playoff bound team

The Sharks are still looking for great building blocks for the future in return.

Asking price on Brown seems unbelievably reasonable too. 2 "decent" prospects and a 2nd, apparently!

Schroeder, Connauton/Lack and 2nd Round pick?? That can't be right, or it'd be a done deal already I would think :lol:

That is what I heard too, two decent prospects and a 2nd. *fingers crossed* cmon Gillis...!

The Blues tonight...

Spugeon 1 PPA = 6 PTS

Weiss 1 PPA 2 PIM = 6 PTS

Theodore OT Lose = 5 PTS

Iginla 1 PPA = 4 PTS

Prosser,Erat,Legwand,Klein,Belanger 0

Bogosian,Goc,Butler scratched

21 Points...better than nothing

Great win for our Nucks though..will watch the replay on ESPN America in the Afternoon

:)

IMO - that is a steeeeep price to pay.

Schroeder and Connauton are putting it together very nicely in Chicago.

With Henrik, Kesler, Hodgson, Malhotra and Lapierre, does Schroeder even fit into the plans for the Canucks? Great that he's coming along well, but if you can move him for what could be one of the last pieces of a Stanley Cup championship team, I'd do it 10 times out of 10, especially with the depth the Canucks have at his position.

As for Connauton, I like him and I think that down the road he'd be a good addition to the Canucks blue line. But we do still have Tanev, and Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa aren't going anywhere, nor is Ballard by the looks of his contract. That's 5 defensive spots taken, and we all know how much AV likes Aaron Rome. Once again, you look how much impact he may have, and how much impact it makes if he's gone, and weigh that against adding what could be a key piece to your top 6 for a shot at the Stanley Cup, and I think you have to make that trade.

Thing is, Canuck fans may think it's a steep price (as do I, for the record), but I bet the Kings and Kings fans won't think it's nearly enough.

I wonder if Garth Snow on Long Island is looking at Dustin Brown? They could really use a guy like him and they've got offensive prospects to spare for sure.

With Henrik, Kesler, Hodgson, Malhotra and Lapierre, does Schroeder even fit into the plans for the Canucks? Great that he's coming along well, but if you can move him for what could be one of the last pieces of a Stanley Cup championship team, I'd do it 10 times out of 10, especially with the depth the Canucks have at his position.

As for Connauton, I like him and I think that down the road he'd be a good addition to the Canucks blue line. But we do still have Tanev, and Hamhuis, Edler and Bieksa aren't going anywhere, nor is Ballard by the looks of his contract. That's 5 defensive spots taken, and we all know how much AV likes Aaron Rome. Once again, you look how much impact he may have, and how much impact it makes if he's gone, and weigh that against adding what could be a key piece to your top 6 for a shot at the Stanley Cup, and I think you have to make that trade.

Thing is, Canuck fans may think it's a steep price (as do I, for the record), but I bet the Kings and Kings fans won't think it's nearly enough.

I wonder if Garth Snow on Long Island is looking at Dustin Brown? They could really use a guy like him and they've got offensive prospects to spare for sure.

(Assignment) The Washington Capitals would like to assign Ryan Ellis to the AHL

Washington Capitals Current Lineup:

Mike Knuble - Patrik Elias - Alexander Semin

Evander Kane - Sam Gagner - Kyle Turris

Matt Halischuk - Boyd Gordon - Jordin Tootoo

Jody Shelley - Jacob Josefson - Zack Kassian

Pavel Datsyuk, Mattias Tedenby

Keith Yandle - Tobias Enstrom

Johnny Oduya - Roman Hamrlik

Mark Fayne - Mark Flood

Mikka Kiprusoff

Devan Dubnyk

LTIR: Jamie Langenbrunner, Dan Carcillo

The Washington Capitals are looking to add playoff hockey players with the deadline approaching with the goal in mind to win the Stanley Cup, but also improve the team for years moving forward.

Archived