The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Greensman was early to work this morning... He has set up shop, surrounded by phones and coffee pots...

Msn activated... CDC activated...

With the recent acquisition of Sean O`Donnell via. waivers, and the soon-to-return Mike Mottau, greensman was clear that the moment of defensive desperation had passed. With Wolski back in the lineup, and looking like a strong 2nd line winger again, It seems the cup looks a lot closer to half-full today. The only trades Boston is looking to make today will be upgrades.

Boston is shopping for a 2nd/3rd pairing playoff defenseman, and a 2nd/3rd line playoff winger.

We'll see how long it takes you to win the Cup. :P

Now that I'm all caught up and I've got some time, I'm going to be going over some of the issues that have been creating problems in our game and looking for/implementing some solutions. If you have anything you'd like addressed, please PM me asap, even if you think I'm probably already working on it. The more GMs that let me know their concerns, the better I can prioritize things. Thanks.

One issue I can speak to right now is the balance of power in the league regarding player satisfaction with ice time, depth charts etc.

This issue has been around since the league itself, but we haven't been able to come up with a system that everyone can look at and reference, so that everyone is on the same page. With the new executive committee in place, I will have time over the summer to create such a system. Next season, these rules will be followed much more closely. Players will be more vocal with their concerns, will start giving shorter timelines in which the situation will need to be dealt with, and will start holding out more frequently if concerns are not addressed. So while we do our best with judgment and observation this season, expect a more comprehensive format in place next season. Smart GMs will start taking this into account and make their roster moves accordingly. Smarter GMs already have been.

I know we're busy with the deadline, but while I'm at it, I've gotten ZERO feedback regarding this post. I take that as GMs are 100% happy with how things are going. While I'd like to believe that, I don't. If you have an issue, or matter you want commented on or resolved, let me know.

I AM PISSED!!!!!!

What the hell is Gillis thinking? Does he really think Kassian makes us better now? This reeks of being reactionary to the finals last year. I have several problems with that, the main one being that that's not the reason why we lost. Another reason is that if you are going to get a big tough scoring winger to help us this year, then get one that can help us this year (akin to "if you want to stop paying chequeing fees, then stop paying chequeing fees). I'm not convinced Kassian is ready to play for the Canucks right now. Definitely not better than Cody has been.

I was so excited to see how Cody does in the playoffs. He has played his best hockey all season against BIG playoff teams like Boston, Detroit, Chicago (at the time) and San Jose. He has carried the team in some of those games. This guy is going to be the kind of player you win with. I don't care if he isn't big and physical, that doesn't guarantee you a championship.

I honestly believe the Canucks cup chances decreased significantly today. And I've never been one to be overly critical of Managements of the Coaching staff's moves. Hell, I'm usually the one defending them.

I just can't believe it. It's going to take me a looooong time to get over this. Kassian has got some serious work to do.

I`ve gotta go and bowl... will be back online between 9:30 and 10pm.

I have my 1st round pick available, as well as Zach Phillips, Adam Clendenning and a select group of NHL experienced prospects.

Boston is looking to add a playoff bound 2nd/3rd line winger, a 2nd/3rd pairing d-man or other playoff depth.

Ready to pull a trigger at 10pm...

Good luck boys...

Archived