The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Nevermind. Noon tomorrow it is. I've had enough for tonight anyways.

NOTICE FOR ALL GMS:

There's a few rules to this game, believe it or not, and we do our best to abide by them. Sometimes they can be frustrating, and sometimes they might screw up a move you wanted to make. But taking it personally is just ridiculous. We do our best to enforce the rules, and each rule is in place for a reason. I cannot, and will not, change rules on the fly to help out any team just to be a nice guy. If something is against the rules, that's just how it is. The game has zero credibility if we changed things that way. If it's against the rules, my hands are tied.

Report: Several sources have confirmed that the Kings have made a pair of deals already, including bringing a young 3rd line forward. While the Kings are likely done trading, do not hesitate to contact the Kings for any last minute trading.

Assignment: The Kings would like to assign Luke Adam to Las Vegas (no waivers).

Nevermind. Noon tomorrow it is. I've had enough for tonight anyways.

NOTICE FOR ALL GMS:

There's a few rules to this game, believe it or not, and we do our best to abide by them. Sometimes they can be frustrating, and sometimes they might screw up a move you wanted to make. But taking it personally is just ridiculous. We do our best to enforce the rules, and each rule is in place for a reason. I cannot, and will not, change rules on the fly to help out any team just to be a nice guy. If something is against the rules, that's just how it is. The game has zero credibility if we changed things that way. If it's against the rules, my hands are tied.

Rumor:

With the trade deadline extended, there is still a possibility that the Habs may make another move or two, as playoff-bound D Erik Condra and likely playoff-bound D Matt Greene are still rumored to be available. Though it will be tough to negotiate while on my phone at work, if a deal can come together before 11:59 AM PST then perhaps we can squeeze it in before the deadline.

Actually he was quite good with Anaheim. So good he was part of one of the best shut down lines the same playoffs they shut down the Sedins that year and went on to win the cup. Being part of Chicago when they were getting good means nothing because they weren't good and being part of Columbus...well is being part of Columbus. IMO you're unfairly trouncing on the guy...but I forgive you because he was part of a line that was the main reason for this teams demise in the playoffs.

Rucinsky 2.0? Probably not. With his style of play you're probably looking more at a Malhotra 2010-11 2.0 without the face offs.

I actually like the Hodgson trade.

I'm really going to enjoy seeing how he handles the extra responsibilities and playing against teams top defence men, something he never did here.

And Kassian is EXACTLY what we need. People have been saying for YEARS (ever since I've started following the Nucks full time in the 08-09 season) that what we need is a top 6 power forward. Now we have one who has the potential to be a stunning top power forward in the game (and I feel will contribute straight away to this team this year too, btw) and people STILL complain.

We're strong at centre, we didn't have enough size. It's a win win to be honest.

Also, don't underestimate MA Gragnani. I think he could be huge for us too.

Actually he was quite good with Anaheim. So good he was part of one of the best shut down lines the same playoffs they shut down the Sedins that year and went on to win the cup. Being part of Chicago when they were getting good means nothing because they weren't good and being part of Columbus...well is being part of Columbus. IMO you're unfairly trouncing on the guy...but I forgive you because he was part of a line that was the main reason for this teams demise in the playoffs.

Rucinsky 2.0? Probably not. With his style of play you're probably looking more at a Malhotra 2010-11 2.0 without the face offs.

I think you missed my point. Yeah he was really good that year when they went to win the Cup. But since then? Not even close to the player he was during that run. He might still be capable, but we haven't seen it from him since 2007. I don't think his line was the main reason we lost in 2007, we were overmatched big time. Luongo was unreal that year but we just didn't have the depth. He was very effective though. If he can do that again, great. But it's been 5 years since he's been that player.

And if you listen to his interviews, he doesn't exactly sound happy about being traded here.

I think you missed my point. Yeah he was really good that year when they went to win the Cup. But since then? Not even close to the player he was during that run. He might still be capable, but we haven't seen it from him since 2007. I don't think his line was the main reason we lost in 2007, we were overmatched big time. Luongo was unreal that year but we just didn't have the depth. He was very effective though. If he can do that again, great. But it's been 5 years since he's been that player.

And if you listen to his interviews, he doesn't exactly sound happy about being traded here.

Archived