The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I win best trade of the deadline, hands down... 11:59am tuesday morning...

To Greensman:

1 5th row ticket to the Canucks vs. Jets

To C2X:

Eternal gratitude and appreciation

Future considerations (dinner if I catch him in Vancouver while he sneaks thru).

I think I made off like a bandit :bigblush:

Very excited to welcome Douglas, Danny, Shawn and Alex to the organization, but sad to see Eric, Marcus, Kyle, Brian, Brett, Nathan and Taylor leave. We thank them for their services.

Assignment: Assign Evgeny Grachev to Oklahoma.

Current Lineup:

Semin - Richards - Booth

Jones - Prospal - Cleary

Clarkson - Gaustad - Clutterbuck

Campbell - Lewis - Johnson

Thornton

Seabrook - Hamhuis

Murray - Petry

Smid - Stralman

Fleury

Giggy

Healthy Line-Up:

Semin - Richards - Havlat

Booth - Cleary - Ruutu

Prospal - Clutterbuck - Clarkson

Jones - Gaustad - Campbell

Thornton - Lewis - Johnson

Kulikov - Hamhuis

Seabrook - Murray

Smid - Petry

Stralman

Fleury

Giguere

one too many forwards... i guess i'll cross that bridge when i get there.

Very excited to have Taylor and Brian join our team. At 6'8" tall, Doherty will be a long-term project. Brian has been playing better of late and will give us another big body on the blue line, and a right-hand shot.

Current Lineup:

Moulson - Tavares - Bowman

Marleau - Fisher - Brown

Pyatt - Brule - Fehr

Avery - Desjardins - Repik

Steckel

Meszaros - Carle

Sutton - Peckham

Drewiske - Lee

Wishart

Price

LaBarbera

Also, just watched a great debut in Buffalo for Hodgson and some outright goonery by the Ducks.

Press Conference With Washington Capitals General Manager da.moose:

On trading Alexander Semin:

“I would like to start off by thanking Alex for his time in Washington. He was a great player for us and a true on ice leader during his duration here. We would have loved to have him playing in Washington for the rest of his career, but in today’s NHL it just is not that simple.

Alex takes as much criticism from the fans and media as anyone and still tries his best to stay focused and contribute every way he can. He is a very introverted kid that treats all of his team and coaching staff with nothing but respect. You will never hear this kid put himself above the team and you know that he appreciated all the role players in the organization for the jobs they did. He went through some slumps like any hockey player, but for the most part he was our main source of offense and even carried the team offensively during many stretches. He is one of the most dynamic and exciting players in the NHL who has as much natural goal scoring ability as anyone.

Unfortunately for us we have a lot of players to re-sign over the next couple of seasons and we know that long term we won’t have the cap space to keep Alex. Instead of making any promises to him and then later trading him, we decided to get what we could in return for him at the deadline and we will let him negotiate a contract either in Edmonton or in the open market come offseason. It will be tough not having his offense come playoff time, but we wish Alex the best moving forward.”

On acquiring Kyle Quincey:

“Quincey is a guy that I have had my eyes on for quite some time now, but has finally been put in a situation where he can help our team come playoff time. Therefore I decided to target him and worked out a deal not too long later.

I believe Quincey is underrated on both ends of the ice and will only improve moving forward. We had some other options regarding Alexander Semin, but this trade I believe gives us exactly what we need now, and as we move forward for years to come. Kyle Quincey is officially part of our long term plan and will hopefully be a key contributor for our squad.”

On acquiring Cam Janssen:

“This season we have lost Dan Carcillo to injury and Jared Boll to trade. We have given a lot of young players opportunities on the fourth line, but come playoff time we want some big strong men that will ware teams down and fight for the Stanley Cup. Janssen is just one player that we have brought in to supply this team with grit and energy in recent weeks. We have also brought in veterans Jody Shelley and Brian McGrattan who we hope will bring a fierce energy and attitude to our team come playoff time.”

On the Jordin Tootoo contract extension - 4 years/7.5 mil (1.875 cap hit):

“Our organization is very excited to have Jordin under contract long term. He is a real leader within our locker room and brings as much energy to every game as any player in the NHL. He is the type of player and person we model our organization after.

We all know that Jordin has had his struggles over the past few seasons, but he has managed to overcome those problems and has been contributing on the ice at the highest level of his entire career. He has had many games where he has been our most effective player. He is the type of person that is irreplaceable in a locker room and we know getting him signed to this deal will be a huge relief to the great fans of Washington.”

On the goaltending situation come playoff time:

“Many teams will count our team out due to the fact that we don’t have playoff goalie unless Calgary makes the playoffs. I realize this and honestly put a great effort into adding someone that could help in that department this season. However, we have a long term plan in Washington and we were not going to trade away any of our future core pieces in hopes to win this season. The asking price for a playoff goalie was extremely high (so it should be) and that did not stop us from negotiating. We were extremely close to bringing in someone that could step in right now and play some playoff games but the clock just seemed to run out on us.

That being said we are very happy to stay the course and believe that our combination of Miikka and Devan gives us a great opportunity to compete now and for many years into the future. All and all we our happy with our team and decided not to make any changes that would be too drastic and alter the entire makeup of our vision moving forward.”

My opinion on the team going into the playoffs and going into next season:

“Looking back to the time when I took over this team almost two years ago, I am very happy with the progression we have made as an entire organization from top to bottom. We do not believe in a quick fix but instead believe in growing and developing a system over time. Last season we had a very young team surprise everyone and win the division. We knew that was the start to something great here in Washington but also knew that much work needed to be done in order to win the Stanley Cup.

This season, though we are likely going to finish lower in the Standings I feel we are a stronger team entering the playoffs. Obviously if we don’t have a goalie that will put us at a major disadvantage, but either way everything seems to be going exactly as we had planned as young players develop and improve within our system. Our goal is to be even stronger next season than we were this season and there is no doubt in our mind that we will be as all our players grow together and develop a core to this squad.

Very happy to add Alfredsson!

Detroit Red Wings Roster:

Scott Hartnell - Jamie Benn - Zach Parise

Patrick Sharp - Jamie Benn - Daniel Alfredsson

Cody McCormick - Dave Bolland - Thomas Holmstrom

Mark Letestu - Scott Nichol - Krystopher Barch

Brandon Yip, Lennart Petrell

James Wisniewski - Dustin Byfuglien

Rusty Klesla - Toni Lydman

Brett Clark - Andreas Lilja

Jim Vandermeer

Jonathan Quick

Jhonas Enroth

This team goddam better make the playoffs.

Washington Capitals Healthy Starting Lineup:

Patrik Elias© - Pavel Datsyuk(A) - Jamie Langenbrunner

Evander Kane - Sam Gagner - Kyle Turris

Zack Kassian - Boyd Gordon - Jordin Tootoo

Matt Halischuk - Jacob Josefson - Mike Knuble

Dan Carcillo(Out for season)

Cam Janssen

Brian McGrattan

Mattias Tedenby

Keith Yandle(A) - Tobias Enstrom

Johnny Oduya - Kyle Quincey

Mark Fayne - Roman Hamrlik(A)