The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Quick question.

For the draft,will ours be after the real NHL draft,before or during?

And for free agency,looking back at last years thread there was a lot of fighting about people not being home on July 1st or not. I say we get that all cleared up now.

Quick question.

And for free agency,looking back at last years thread there was a lot of fighting about people not being home on July 1st or not. I say we get that all cleared up now.

Solid back to back wins for Crawford for us things are looking up in the Panthers goaltending situation.

Also very impressed with the performances of prospects Brett Bulmer and Marek Tvrdon in tonights game between the Giants and Rockets, as they went head to head tonight and both picked up 3 points a piece.

----------------

Assignment:

Florida assigns Tomas Vincour to Rochester (Does not require waivers)

Recall:

Florida recalls Teemu Hartikainen from Rochester

Quick question.

I consider that situation already cleared up. The people that were whining were the same people that had a huge temper tantrum early in the season and quit. The league's stance has never changed regarding free agency.

• Our free agency period starts July 1st, same as the NHL.

• CDC will likely be in performance mode once the Canucks sign, well... anybody, or if a big name signs with a new team.

• July 1st is also Canada Day, and we don't expect you to spend a beautiful summer holiday in front of your computer.

• We will still have all summer to take care of free agent signings, and we do make an effort to pace things a bit to maintain activity throughout.

• July 1st and 2nd will mostly be for getting your offers in. Don't expect any big signings in our game those days. With the sheer volume of offers we'll be getting, it takes time to go over everything and analyze each offer to ensure the player makes the right choice regarding fit, salary, potential ice time, role on team, etc.

In other words, do what I do for July 1st. Scout out potential targets in advance by going over team charts, checking out the pending UFA and RFA players on the list on page one, go over your depth chart and consider your salary cap situation. Make your offers out in advance, and please make one specific for each player. Writing out a huge pitch, and then just swapping out player names and contract numbers... we catch on to that quick and it doesn't look good. Other teams wanted the player enough to give him their personal attention. Anyways.. make your offers out in advance. Come July 1st, pop online to CDC, if you can, and send them off. If you can't get on CDC, don't panic, just send them later that night, or on July 2nd. You won't miss out. Then, go out and have fun, enjoy the day, check your TSN app to keep updated with the NHLs free agent news, etc.

IMO if on the given draft day I cannot be here that is my problem to solve. Be it given having someone pick for me (obviously giving them an outline of my intentions or what feels like the easiest solution in posting an ordered list of players I want.

I also think July 1st being a holiday is a bad day to pick even if it's the NHL draft day. I also would think it would be a bad decision to do it after the real NHL draft.

No matter what though if there is a day or days that work best for the majority of people than it would be my job as GM to solve the problem rather than complain about it.

The NHL draft is held June 22nd and 23rd this year, so we will likely have ours somewhere around the 18th-20th. We will firm up details as the date approaches. Also, if you won't be able to be here for the draft, please submit a list to me of the players you want.

July 1st is when free agency opens for both teams.

The NHL draft is held June 22nd and 23rd this year, so we will likely have ours somewhere around the 18th-20th. We will firm up details as the date approaches. Also, if you won't be able to be here for the draft, please submit a list to me of the players you want.

July 1st is when free agency opens for both teams.

Last night's Jets game was off the hook! Our building is crazy. I shudder to think about how much louder it will be when we make the playoffs. Hopefully it's this year!

I will of course be returning next year - I need to see this through and make the darn playoffs. This hanging around in 9th spot is getting tiresome...

Also, those of you who have PM's in to me regarding their UFA/RFA players, I have received them and am hopeful to sit down tomorrow and work on them all. It's been go-go-go for me of late, and I have a buddies wedding social tonight...

Oh, and it's +19 here in Winnipeg today and +26 tomorrow... Summer in March! Feels like playoff hockey weather!!

Last night's Jets game was off the hook! Our building is crazy. I shudder to think about how much louder it will be when we make the playoffs. Hopefully it's this year!

I will of course be returning next year - I need to see this through and make the darn playoffs. This hanging around in 9th spot is getting tiresome...

Also, those of you who have PM's in to me regarding their UFA/RFA players, I have received them and am hopeful to sit down tomorrow and work on them all. It's been go-go-go for me of late, and I have a buddies wedding social tonight...

Oh, and it's +19 here in Winnipeg today and +26 tomorrow... Summer in March! Feels like playoff hockey weather!!

CROSBY'S BETTER!!! :lol:

Man MTS Centre looks like a ridiculous atmosphere. Can't wait to get there for a game, assuming I'll be able to snag tickets sometime in the next... well.. decade... :huh: Hook me up bro! B)

Archived