The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Random question just for fun!

Scenario: You've been hired on as the General Manager of an NHL expansion team coming into the league. The expansion draft is taking place.

You get to select 3 players to start off building your franchise, but there are some guidelines set.

- With the 3 selections, you must take 1 forward, 1 defenceman and 1 goaltender.

- A team can only have one player selected from their roster.

- Each player selected must be at least 24 years old.

- The combined salary of the 3 players cannot exceed $11 million.

Who would you select to start building your team around?

It doesn't make sense to me that he can claim him off waivers and put him in the minors. I thought the idea of waivers was that if another team wanted to play him in the NHL then they could claim him off waivers. I would think in order to send him to the minors now St. Louis would need to send him through waivers.

Just thought this was the rule but if I am wrong then its all good. I doubt McGrattan is going to get any playing time this season either way.

good news for the blues

bogosian will return tonight

kevin klein allready rturned lst night with an assist so the only guys who are still out are chris butler and jesse winchester

further the blues are the points best team this week if i´m corretc and now we are some points ahead of nashville in the pace for the division title :)

The Habs refuse to give up, but this final effort for the playoffs is also costing Montreal draft position.

The Montreal Canadiens have been one of the hottest teams in the league of late, with the 5th highest weekly total and 7th largest monthly totals in March. Unfortunately, these efforts have only moved them up the overall standings but no closer to the playoffs. The Habs remain 211 behind Boston for 8th spot and 248 behind 7th-place Washington, but have jumped over Flames and Red Wings to stand at 16th overall in the league. Despite the fact that Montreal has gained 116 points on Washington this past week alone, games are running out and a major push will be needed to overcome these 200+ point deficits.

GM _arby_18 loves the fact that his team continues to push for the playoffs, but he has seen his team drop two draft positions this past week alone. His fear is that his team will become the Toronto Maple Leafs of real life in the CDCGML - not good enough to make the playoffs but not bad enough to get earn high draft picks...

Archived