The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

The point structure will likely be tinkered with in the off-season. Penalty minutes won't be eliminated but their impact will likely be reduced.

I've said before that I'd love to do away with the misconducts, but pickuphockey doesn't offer that option. Looking into our options for next year already, and penalty minutes will be looked at.

But for now, everyone plays by the same scoring structure, so I don't think it should be a big point of contention at this point.

I would like to see us use a different site. Pick-up gets very messy with guys who get injured then come back, you have like 40-50 names on the roster, half of which or doubles. It's also impossible to keep track of the scoring leaders if they've been injured or traded.

ESPN might be a good option. I don't know if you would be against teams making their own roster moves or not but that would take away some for the workload for you.

As for the last bit, I was just ranting because after a good night I was thwarted by 1 scrum.

The point structure will likely be tinkered with in the off-season. Penalty minutes won't be eliminated but their impact will likely be reduced.

I've said before that I'd love to do away with the misconducts, but pickuphockey doesn't offer that option. Looking into our options for next year already, and penalty minutes will be looked at.

But for now, everyone plays by the same scoring structure, so I don't think it should be a big point of contention at this point.

Didn't we already change the scoring structure from last season so that goals and assists were worth more and kept PIMs at 1? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Goals/Assists only 3 before?

EDIT:

OLD SCORING STRUCTURE

Forwards:

Goals/Assists/Shootout Winning Goals: 2 point.

Special Teams Points (PP or SH): 1 additional point

Overtime Points: 2 additional points

Game Winning Goals: 2 additional points

Shootout Winning Goals: 1 additional point

Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute

Plus/Minus: 2 points per 1 + rating.

Defencemen:

Goals/Assists/Shootout Winning Goals: 4 points.

Special Teams Points (PP or SH): 1 additional point

Overtime Points: 2 additional points

Game Winning Goals: 2 additional points

Shootout Winning Goals: 1 additional point

Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute

Plus/Minus: 2 point per 1 + rating.

Goaltenders:

Win: 10 points

OT Losses: 5 points

SO Losses: 3 points

Shutouts: 10 additional points

Goals: 75 points

Assists: 10 points

Penalty Minutes: 2 points per minute

CURRENT SCORING STRUCTURE:

Forwards

Goal/Assist: 3 points

PP Point: +1 point

SH Point: +2 points

OT Point: +2 points

GWG: +2 points

PIM: 1 point per minute

+/- : 2 points per each + rating

Defence

Goal/Assist: 5 points

PP Point: +1 point

SH Point: +2 points

OT Point: +2 points

GWG: +2 points

PIM: 1 point per minute

+/- : 2 points per each + rating

Goaltenders

Win: 10 points

OTL: 5 points

SO: +10 points

Goal: 99 points

Assist: 10 points

PIM = 1 point per minute

Considering my team is/was half goons/half guys who never get PIMs, I don't have any problem with the current system, but considering my "Stars" are all non-PIMs guy, I would support further weight towards goals and assists (until I acquire a power forward like Clowe, Lucic, etc. :P)

I would like to see us use a different site. Pick-up gets very messy with guys who get injured then come back, you have like 40-50 names on the roster, half of which or doubles. It's also impossible to keep track of the scoring leaders if they've been injured or traded.

ESPN might be a good option. I don't know if you would be against teams making their own roster moves or not but that would take away some for the workload for you.

As for the last bit, I was just ranting because after a good night I was thwarted by 1 scrum.

I agree with pickup getting messy as roster moves go through during the season. Drives me nuts. At the very least they should sort into a single 'removed players' drop list that remains closed unless someone wants to look at them. Would be a much cleaner look.

I'm against teams putting through their own roster moves. That opens up a whole new can of worms and it's really unnecessary.

I should point out that I'm not trying to belittle anyone or their opinion, hopefully I don't come across that way. The PIM issue is one we're looking at and we're always trying to improve.

@Yoshi we did adjust our scoring structure after last season. Not sure if we will do so again or not, but I'd like to come up with one that works well and everyone agrees on.

I agree with pickup getting messy as roster moves go through during the season. Drives me nuts. At the very least they should sort into a single 'removed players' drop list that remains closed unless someone wants to look at them. Would be a much cleaner look.

I'm against teams putting through their own roster moves. That opens up a whole new can of worms and it's really unnecessary.

I should point out that I'm not trying to belittle anyone or their opinion, hopefully I don't come across that way. The PIM issue is one we're looking at and we're always trying to improve.

@Yoshi we did adjust our scoring structure after last season. Not sure if we will do so again or not, but I'd like to come up with one that works well and everyone agrees on.

Since we're putting suggestions: I'd be in favour of making PIMS worth less than a point, like 0.5 points like Squeak suggested, and to compensate for that, we add hits and blocked shots. Also, what about shots in general? If this game is based on trying to be as realistic as possible, aren't players that hit, block shots, and "put pucks on net" valuable to any good team?

Since we're putting suggestions: I'd be in favour of making PIMS worth less than a point, like 0.5 points like Squeak suggested, and to compensate for that, we add hits and blocked shots. Also, what about shots in general? If this game is based on trying to be as realistic as possible, aren't players that hit, block shots, and "put pucks on net" valuable to any good team?

They sure are.

I'm not a big fan of half points, but that doesn't mean it can't be considered. Pickup doesn't give me the option of tracking hits or blocked shots, or they would have been in from the very beginning. Shots is an interesting one as well.

And no, CoN, we'll never find something everyone agrees on, but we can cover as much as possible.

As for the can of worms? Well, the disputes earlier about sending players down without identifying them as requiring waivers. I'd wager that would be abused much more if teams were able to put thru their own roster moves. Also, if people were able to put thru their own roster moves, some people might be a bit more, shall we say, ethical, than others in doing so.

Also I think it would severely decrease the amount of activity in the thread. Why post anything at all if you can just make your moves and watch? And what fun would that be? Having everything go through the league has worked just fine, save for some delay time that will be addressed next season, and it ensures a uniform standard for every move.

Montreal Canadiens Nominees:

Hart Trophy - Brent Burns

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Brent Burns

Lady Byng Trophy - Milan Hejduk

Vezina Trophy - Niklas Backstrom

Calder Trophy - Marco Scandella

Norris Trophy - Brent Burns

Bill Masterton Trophy - Niklas Backstrom

Selke Trophy - Jim Slater

King Clancy Trophy - Mark Streit

NYI Nominees:

Hart Trophy - Henrik Zetterberg - In an off season is the 3rd leading scorer for his team which is one of the best in the league. He's that good.

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Patrice Bergeron - A player's player.

Lady Byng Trophy - Logan Couture...30g and 14 pims. 'Nuff said.

Vezina Trophy - Tuukka Rask - C'mon. I mean, c'mon. Work with me here.

Calder Trophy - Craig Smith - As good a first half as any but saw his role fade in the 2nd half.

Norris Trophy - Nicklas Lidstrom - The ageless wonder. I was starting to doubt him but now I am beginning to believe he is Thor incarnate.

Bill Masterton Trophy - Manny Malhotra - Warrior, wat?

Selke Trophy - Jordan Staal - Who else could replace Crosby?

King Clancy Trophy - Nicklas Lidstrom - Class exemplified with or without ice, shaken or stirred.

Buffalo Sabres Award Nominees:

Harrt Trophy - Claude Giroux

Ted Lindsay Trophy - Claude Giroux

Lady Byng Trophy - Valterri Filppula

Vezina Trophy - Roberto Luongo

Calder Trophy - Gabriel Landeskog

Norris Trophy - Dan Boyle

Bill Masterton Trophy - Andy McDonald

Selke Trophy - Gabriel Landeskog

I know I already nominated Stoner for the Masterton, but since there's no award for Minor League Perseverance, I would like to give a special shoutout to Alex Stalock from successfully coming back from one of the most horrendous hockey injuries ever. For anyone wanting a feel-good hockey story and has time for a quick read, just look him up.

Archived