The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Rinaldo with yet another dangerous and stupid play, flying across the ice to get 'revenge' on Volchenkov for Volchenkov's earlier clean hit on Schenn. Taking yet another stupid penalty and hurting his team... I stand by my previous statement, and the tweet I posted a few weeks ago

What a gutless play by Rinaldo.... does that clown bring anything but goonery and cheap shots?

Nope... Probably the dirtiest player in the game.. I'm sure lethunder enjoys his pure stupidity though.

Curt A@canuck2xtreme

Players like Zac Rinaldo are what's wrong with the #NHL. Brings nothing to table but stupid penalties and dangerous hits #Penguins #Flyers

Hey Curt, is there anyway to see who has what draft picks, and the pending UFAs/RFAs for this season still? Thanks

WAIVERS:

Tampa has placed the following players on Waivers

Dan Sexton

Kyle Cumiskey

Cam MacIntytre

Erik Fehr

Clayton Stoner

David Steckel

Ty Wishart

The first 4 are RFAs, and the next 2 are UFAs. Any team who had interest in signing them in the off-season are getting a great opportunity to get their negotiating rights before the off-season!

I have zero interest in your first. If you need to bounce some things off me feel free man.

My feeling is don't trade it away. If you're going to though make sure someone overpays for it. Don't even give it up for what you feel market value is. If someone wants it that bad they'll do it. Either way you win.

An Inside Look At the Washington Capitals

The Washington Capitals are rolling on all cylanders right now in their quest for the Stanley Cup finals. No one expected this team to make it this deep into the playoffs, but after knocking off arguably the two greatest powerhouses in the NHL in back to back series the Caps are starting toget noticed league wide.

Here is a closer look at the Capitals seven remaining active players:

Patrik Elias: ©

Elias has been the captain of this organization ever since I took over here in Washington. He was never asked to waive his NTC and has been the teams best offensive player for two seasons running. The Czech Republic forward who can play centre or wing led all Capitals players in scoring this season with 26 goals, 52 assists, and 78 points in 81 games. This two time Stanley Cup champion seems to only be getting better with age as he hasn't posted a higher regular season point total since 2003/2004. One more Stanley Cup this season and Elias could be a guy in Hall of Fame conversations.

Keith Yandle: (A)

If you weren't aware that Keith Yandle is one of the best offensive defensemen in the entire game you should be now. Yandle has been leading the Caps blue line for both the seasons I have been in Washington and has also been my highest Fantasy Point Producer outside of Kiprusoff. When last year Yandle scored 59 points to win the CDCGML Norris Trophy, many claimed it was a flukey season and that he would not return to all star form. Those people were wrong. Not only did Yandle score 43 points this season, He stepped up his game come playoff time by leading all NHL defensemen in playoff points with 7. Yandle has scored a combined 34 goals and 143 points while going +33 over the past three seasons for the Capitals.

Roman Hamrlik: (A)

The veteran Czech defenseman has once again proven himself as a top line NHL defensive pairing when it matters. The veteran who was extended after a 31 point, 81 PIM, +6 season, had somewhat of a dissapointing year only scoring 13 points, 34 PIMS, and a +11. However, Hamrlik played by far his biggest minutes back on a pairing with Yandle come playing time. Hamrlik has been a real veteran leader and a hard worker all season long. The fact that he has made the playoffs for 14 straight seasons with 5 different teams just says how competative and reliable this man truly is. He would love to finally win himself a Stanley Cup in the Nations Capital.

Boyd Gordon:

Gordon was signed as a free agent at the beginning of the season for Washington and earned himself the role of fan favorite about midway through; especially come playoff time. Gordon has played nearly 20 minutes a night all season long for the Capitals. He doesn't score much or get many PIM's but his responsible two-way play, faceoff ability, willingness to block shots, and the other intangibles earn his plenty of ice time. In the playoffs Gordon has seemed to chip in at the most important of times and has been one of the unsung heros thus far in the playoffs.

Mike Knuble:

Another guy that was added this offseason via free agency by the Washington Capitals. Knuble had a very disappointing year ending his streak of 9 straight 20 goal+ seasons with only 6 goals. However, the veteran who was brought in for some potential help come playoffs time, has been performing above expectations at the beginning of the season. His two goals have been at key times and Knuble has been a leader playing some responsible puck at all ends of the ice.

Mark Fayne:

Another Capitals free agent signing has integrated himself as a key role player all season long in Washington. Fayne scored 17 points playing all 82 games in all situations this season for the Caps. A very dependable big shutdown defenseman with definite scoring upside.

Chris Kreider:

The rookie, who made his NHL debut in the playoffs for the Caps has been a major X factor thus far throughout the duration of the playoffs. A guy that was signed to an entry level contract by the Caps, traded away for Kane, and brought back in for Jared Boll has seemed to solidify himself a job in next years lineup. All this following his second NCAA championship with Boston University.

How far will these guys take the Capitals? Only time will tell but I sure need the Rangers to win that series or I will have the biggest challenge yet up against the New Jersey Devils.

Thanks Primal!

And btw I just want to make it known that I am very excited to have beaten the Buffalo Sabres. Lethunder has proven himself to be the best GM in the entire league thus far and it feels great to be the guy to finally take down the most respectable manager in the CDCGML.

Way to put together one hell of a team Lethunder!

Thanks Primal!

And btw I just want to make it known that I am very excited to have beaten the Buffalo Sabres. Lethunder has proven himself to be the best GM in the entire league thus far and it feels great to be the guy to finally take down the most respectable manager in the CDCGML.

Way to put together one hell of a team Lethunder!

curt may had some matchpoints...but its not over yet

chimera and bickel could still keep us in the playoffs...we´ll now more after tonights game

Martin Brodeur has been fantastic for me. Rooting for the Devils now, I'd love to see Marty get one more Cup.

Archived