The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I have zero interest in your first. If you need to bounce some things off me feel free man.

My feeling is don't trade it away. If you're going to though make sure someone overpays for it. Don't even give it up for what you feel market value is. If someone wants it that bad they'll do it. Either way you win.

After seeing a coupel fantasy leagues fold in the past couple moths,it made me realize how good this league is.

There's no other fantasy league like this out there,and this runs so smoothly.

A big shout out and thanks to all the executives and c2x for making this the best fantasy league out there!

good advice, I would add that if you don't like one of the top guys, pick another of the top guys. I am eyeballing three specific players at 7th, and two of them are ranked lower than my spot to pick. Its all in your own research and gut. If you see a flaw that makes him 2nd or 3rd in your eyes, then he is 2nd or 3rd, the trick is to find the guy you know is first, and draft him. That or like you are looking at, trade away the pick.

And as proof I offer Patrick Stefan. Who? Only the top draft pick in 1999, the year he was drafted ahead of both Daniel and Henrik Sedin, Martin Havlat, Nick Boynton, and all the way down in round 7 none other than Henrik Zetterberg.

So check around, google, watch video if your into that sort of thing and make up your own mind, as the guys who are on TV need to sell ad space, that is the only reason they are talking.

THat is a good point Yoshi, my buddy always quotes that "Defence wins CHampionships" line...and it holds true the way this league is set up: a decent couple offensive D make all the difference...that is a main reason for being patient with guys like Mike Green last year while injured..just 3 more months....two more...heal mike heal...lol

Playoff Round Up!

It looks like Washington has moved past the leagues best, Buffalo, due to a ten point lead and no players on the ice for the leagues long standing champions. 93-83 as of this morning. Buffalo is a squad that is continuously renewed and meticulously groomed to win, GM Lethunder continues to do an outstanding job, and is certainly one to emulate, but as they say, to be the best you have to beat the best and so, Washington alone has done what 28 other teams have only dreamed of. Congrats to both players, and see you next year. :emot-parrot:

Their third round opponent will be the New Jersey Devils, who have likewise moved past Pittsburgh, who deserve an honourable mention for building a great team this year. 158-77 today, and the Penguins, as with the Sabres, have no men remaining for the Saturday game. I can't say enough about any of these 2nd round teams. To get this far in itself is an accomplishment, and if memory serves me, GM SS is in his first year with the Penguins. Congrats on a stellar season.

In the west, there remains the nail biter showdown between the Jets and the Blues. Winnipeg has gained the upper hand on the strength of 40 year old Living Legend, Martin Brodeur in net. Marty racked up 50 points this series for the Jets, on his way to an eventual Hall Of Fame induction, its hard not to cheer for this perennial all-star! St Louis has two players in the mix for this Saturday's contest and only trails the Jets by 4 points. This could come down to an overtime assist, or even a Fighting Major, as Winnipeg is, like the other two teams already mentioned, out of gas on the bench. Current score Winnipeg 60- St Louis 56

It is not yet over in the Los Angeles Kings vs Edmonton Oilers series, but there is no denying, the highest scoring team of the entire second round looks to be on the verge of going through. The Kings 166 points make for a very daunting team to face in a game 7 situation, having heavily outscored the Oilers thus far. There is a chance that the Oilers are still in it with 81 points. Credit a balanced attack from the Oilers for my optimism. With three high scorers still on the ice we could see a last minute 'overtime' upset here as we have all seen individual players net over 30 points each in a single game this past season. I am sure the Kings can hold on, but I will have my eye on the point totals Saturday, as a high scoring affair will only be in Edmonton's favour. You might think I am crazy, but Richards, Strallman and Semin are a very talented trio, and this won't be over till the fat lady walks away from the hotdog cart.

That is your second round up, Saturday will determine the west, and Then we can hold onto our hats for round three, the final four.

We would like to congratulate Tomas Jurco and the Saint John Sea Dogs for winning the QMJHL title. Tomas put up 2 goals and 2 assists in the series clinching game, and we are excited to see how he performs in the Memorial Cup. The future for the Lightning is looking quite bright with Jurco heading our forward prospect core.

Archived