Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13431 replies to this topic

#2971 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

I have a question about the the newly anounced gm, seems like R11 has been kicked out of alot of the major games in this forum. I have heard rumors about multiple acounts and trolling threads. Not saying these are true but if they were, is this a good move for this league moving forward. Maybe other gm's know more then I do, just curious.

Like every new GM they will be watched closely.

It's in all of our best interests that new guys succeed in understanding the job so if we can help them along the better.

Tip to the new guys: go slowly, ask questions.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2972 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

Very happy to have Jan aboard! We have been after him since we took over with the Panthers and we feel he brings a great stabilized presence to our young d-core!

Florida Panthers Training Camp roster;

James Neal - Sidney Crosby - Daniel Briere
Andrei Kostitsyn - Alex Burmistrov - Jakub Voracek
Kristian Huselius - Colin Wilson - Radek Dvorak
Dan Paille - Ben Smith - Mike Rupp
Trent Hunter - Brandon Saad - Greg Nemisz
Matt Puempel - Boone Jenner - Marcus Foligno

Paul Martin - Zach Bogosian
Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Stephane Robidas
Kyle Quincey - Jan Hejda
Yannick Weber - Marco Scandella
Justin Falk - Justin Holl
Jerome Gauthier-Leduc

Corey Crawford
Sergei Bobrovsky
Matthew Hackett

-----
Any thoughts on the many things I've done with the Panthers? :)

Only 2 players remain from the original team I drafted..... Robidas and Quincey.
Posted Image

#2973 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:50 PM

Like every new GM they will be watched closely.

It's in all of our best interests that new guys succeed in understanding the job so if we can help them along the better.

Tip to the new guys: go slowly, ask questions.

And stay away from Mike for at least another week :lol:

#2974 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:01 PM

And stay away from Mike for at least another week :lol:

Mike?!?

Hell, winterhawks was the king for the first couple of seasons and OTTS was the queen :P.

We've all been there done that. You're not being a good GM if you don't try.

The onus is on the new guys to have their ducks in a row before they start wheeling and dealing.

#2975 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

Can I just get a quick clarification on "players happiness".....

A team shouldn't be allowed to have 2 starting goalies (from 2 separate teams in RL) without one of them getting unhappy with his playing time right?

#2976 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Can I just get a quick clarification on "players happiness".....

A team shouldn't be allowed to have 2 starting goalies (from 2 separate teams in RL) without one of them getting unhappy with his playing time right?

Pretty straight forward actually.

You can't have any player way out of whack with their RL playing time.

If 25 games in you have 2 goalies with 20 starts then something is very wrong.

#2977 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:12 PM

Just to clarify the point is to have a starter and a backup.

You can't have Luongo starting with Miller as the backup and just start collecting fantasy points like crazy.

Is that what you're saying?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2978 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:13 PM

Thanks - haven't looked at everyone's roster, so I don't have anyone in mind when I asked that - but I was just making sure that reading the OP, it would basically mean there are 30 starting goalies in RL, so every one of us would without too much difficulty, get 1 starter each

Edit: Lol, awesome... do we have a troll in this thread or is there actually a GM out there who likes to neg new GMs for asking questions on rule clarification?

Edited by Aixtek, 21 September 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#2979 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

Just to clarify the point is to have a starter and a backup.

You can't have Luongo starting with Miller as the backup and just start collecting fantasy points like crazy.

Is that what you're saying?

Yes.

/ Edit : I got negged for a joke!!! LOL. Pretty sure that wouldn't be winterhawks or OTTS because they'd get the joke.

Edited by theminister, 21 September 2011 - 10:42 PM.

#2980 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yes.

/ Edit : I got negged for a joke!!! LOL. Pretty sure that wouldn't be winterhawks or OTTS because they'd get the joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqx2Bt5bnKE

#2981 OurTimeToShine

OurTimeToShine

Otis

• Members
  • 11,559 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:49 PM

Yes.

You seem to always get negged for jokes :S

We are all sharks, hehe.

Posted Image

Thanks -Vintage Canuck-!!!

#2982 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

Can we turn the neg thing off?

This is getting to be a lame popularity contest... Seriously, what`s the point?
imagejpg1-5.jpg

#2983 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:02 PM

Can we turn the neg thing off?

This is getting to be a lame popularity contest... Seriously, what`s the point?

I love the irony that I can give you a + for that.

Think of it as a virtual hug.

#2984 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Hahaha - does that mean a neg is the virtual "kick in the nuts" ? not sure if I like that trade off....

For the most part, I like the rep system for this thread when it comes to rumors and trade posts et cetera... kinda lets you know where you stand in other GM's eyes in terms of what you're doing with your team... (eg - when I made a rumor post waaaay back when, when I gave up CBJs 1st rounder to Lethunder, I got neg'd for it because, I assume, people thought I was going to get ripped off - I really think that was one of my best trades I've made this off season, in the end... but it was great to know what people thought before the trade details were announced)

Random posts with jokes or questions... man, you wanna neg that - thats just hilarious - I wish I knew who was responsible so I could make sure I don't do any trades with them.

BTW - can c2x see who's responsible for rep'n people?

#2985 winterhawks

winterhawks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:16 PM

Yes.

Don't worry TM wasn't me. We all know I've had my moments, took me a few seasons to smarten up haha
download (1)

Ottawa Senators GM

CDCGML 

#2986 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Mika Zibanejad with the OT winner!!!
He had to beat a very good Tuukka Rask tonight.

I forgot to mention re: the poll for the Calder: he's my choice. He's got the size, poise, skill and tenacity to stick on Ottawa, possibly on the 2nd line with a fair bit of PP, and play very well. Call it a homer prediction, which it is, but I really think he is in the right place at the right time to pull a Skinner.

Posted Image
Skinner!!!

Also getting solid camps out of Brendan Smith, Jordan Caron, Andrei Loktionov, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Spooner and Stefan Elliott so far.

Edit: When I knew I was drafting 7th and 9th my two priorities where A ) Dougie Hamilton and B ) an NHL ready prospect. When I saw that Zibanejad was still available it was a no brainer for me.

Edited by theminister, 21 September 2011 - 11:47 PM.

#2987 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

SIGNING: The Pittsburgh Penguins sign D Blake Kessel to a 3 year, $2.4 million contract ($800,000 per season).

#2988 Sharpshooter

Sharpshooter

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,379 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:29 AM

SIGNING: The Pittsburgh Penguins sign D Blake Kessel to a 3 year, $2.4 million contract ($800,000 per season).

The Pittsburgh Penguins would like to welcome young defenceman Blake Kessel to the organization. We feel Blake has enough offencive upside to break out onto the team this year or at least seriously challenge for the final spot.

Posted Image Pittsburgh Penguins - CDC GML Posted Image

"My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen." - Christian Ehrhoff

#2989 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,512 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:13 AM

Well dang - I thought I found another under the radar signing.

Nice signing for Pittsburgh, low risk, possible high reward.
Posted Image

#2990 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,791 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:20 AM

Fedor Tyutin and Draft Pick Nathan Beaulieu with an Assist tonight.
Auld looked pretty good again...this let me hope that he´ll get a few more shots than last Season.
No points from Chimera,Palushaj and Goncharov.
It seems our Prospects Stefan Noesen and Jordan Weal will play another year in the Juniors...they has been send down on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Edited by TheGermanCanuck, 22 September 2011 - 02:04 AM.

179zig.jpg

Credits to Discord for the Signature

iqbl75.jpgCDCGML St.Louis Blues Rosteriqbl75.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#2991 greensman

greensman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:33 AM

Mika Zibanejad with the OT winner!!!
He had to beat a very good Tuukka Rask tonight.

I forgot to mention re: the poll for the Calder: he's my choice. He's got the size, poise, skill and tenacity to stick on Ottawa, possibly on the 2nd line with a fair bit of PP, and play very well. Call it a homer prediction, which it is, but I really think he is in the right place at the right time to pull a Skinner.

Posted Image
Skinner!!!

Also getting solid camps out of Brendan Smith, Jordan Caron, Andrei Loktionov, Dougie Hamilton, Ryan Spooner and Stefan Elliott so far.

Edit: When I knew I was drafting 7th and 9th my two priorities where A ) Dougie Hamilton and B ) an NHL ready prospect. When I saw that Zibanejad was still available it was a no brainer for me.

I watched the game yesterday, and though I agree Zibanejad has the potential to be awesome, He was really shaky throughout the first two periods. He went 0 for four on faceoffs, and was launching ridiculous shots that he shouldn`t have taken, and was getting man handled by the Boston D (you`ll notice he didnt get many minutes, he got held out for a bit a couple times). He leveled out in the third, zeroed in on faceoffs, and settled down. It will be interesting to watch his progress.

I don`t doubt he`ll play, as Ottowa is forward hungry and needy... but the Calder... not so sure.

Whoever ended up with Brian Lee, he looked really good and was in every play.

Bet I don`t get a hug for that one ;)
imagejpg1-5.jpg

#2992 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:23 AM

We are all sharks, hehe.

I am so glad you feel that way. You know who ought to be one too...bobrovsky.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2993 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,438 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

Spent yesterday in Victoria, posting from the Best Western hotel near the harbour...

Got some pics at the game against Calgary on my cell, though most of them ended up kinda blurry. Was very pleased with the performance of 1st round draft pick Nicklas Jensen, looking very strong and played a smart game. An assist on the tying goal and then the game winner was icing on the cake. Also pleased with Aaron Volpatti as well and it was good to see him get some PK time. Not the strongest game but played physical and smart, made a few errors, but nothing glaring. Aaron Rome was a steady presence as well.

To those asking about recently signed players, it's unlikely I'll do any updating before I get back home, which will be late tonight/early tomorrow.

The tracking site will be set up as soon as possible, I will keep you updated and post it up in the thread when it's available.

To add rosters to the tracking site, I need GMs to submit their opening night roster to me. Most of us don't have those set in stone yet, so no rush, but just keep that in mind. If you don't submit your opening night roster via PM (PM works best, easiest for me to track and not miss), then I won't be able to put your roster onto the site. Around October 1st, get those rosters submitted so you can be sure you're ready to go.

New agent applicants will start hearing more about the process very soon. We've had a number of very good applicants, and likely will bring on 3 - 4 associate executives.

UFA offers for prospects, young sleeper players will not be accepted right now. Any offer that's currently in already will be dealt with, but no more new offers on those players please. Keep your UFA offers at this point to players you expect to use for your opening night roster, or to realistically compete for a job. Want to clear out as many UFA signings as possible and have a clean slate when the new guys step in so that there's an oppourtunity for them to get their feet wet with negotiations and learn the process as we go. As a result, expect one more wave of UFA signings to come, to finish off the standing offers we have.

Player satisfaction with ice time will be monitored much closer than in the past this coming season. If you have a star player listed on your third line, don't expect him to be happy there for long. One team already is in this particular situation, and I do hope they realize it and are in the process of dealing with it, because if not, they'll get a notice pretty quickly.

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#2994 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,791 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:55 AM

Spent yesterday in Victoria, posting from the Best Western hotel near the harbour...

Got some pics at the game against Calgary on my cell, though most of them ended up kinda blurry. Was very pleased with the performance of 1st round draft pick Nicklas Jensen, looking very strong and played a smart game. An assist on the tying goal and then the game winner was icing on the cake. Also pleased with Aaron Volpatti as well and it was good to see him get some PK time. Not the strongest game but played physical and smart, made a few errors, but nothing glaring. Aaron Rome was a steady presence as well.

To those asking about recently signed players, it's unlikely I'll do any updating before I get back home, which will be late tonight/early tomorrow.

The tracking site will be set up as soon as possible, I will keep you updated and post it up in the thread when it's available.

To add rosters to the tracking site, I need GMs to submit their opening night roster to me. Most of us don't have those set in stone yet, so no rush, but just keep that in mind. If you don't submit your opening night roster via PM (PM works best, easiest for me to track and not miss), then I won't be able to put your roster onto the site. Around October 1st, get those rosters submitted so you can be sure you're ready to go.

New agent applicants will start hearing more about the process very soon. We've had a number of very good applicants, and likely will bring on 3 - 4 associate executives.

UFA offers for prospects, young sleeper players will not be accepted right now. Any offer that's currently in already will be dealt with, but no more new offers on those players please. Keep your UFA offers at this point to players you expect to use for your opening night roster, or to realistically compete for a job. Want to clear out as many UFA signings as possible and have a clean slate when the new guys step in so that there's an oppourtunity for them to get their feet wet with negotiations and learn the process as we go. As a result, expect one more wave of UFA signings to come, to finish off the standing offers we have.

Player satisfaction with ice time will be monitored much closer than in the past this coming season. If you have a star player listed on your third line, don't expect him to be happy there for long. One team already is in this particular situation, and I do hope they realize it and are in the process of dealing with it, because if not, they'll get a notice pretty quickly.

does this counts for players like scheifele?..he still has no contract but what if the jets think they could you use him on the roster for 2011/12 cuz had an impact in the pre season? well if this happens id also sign him via ELC and he would have an fixed spot on my roster.

179zig.jpg

"You dream to score your first goal in the NHL. You dream to be here, first of all. To score a hat-trick, that's just an added bonus.Josh Jooris"

#2995 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

yikes, I am hitting a very steep learning curve here. I feel my team is good looking, but lacks depth in a serious way. The UFA chart seems to be not updated/highly picked over so I find I am spending a lot of time looking at players just to see if they are signed anywhere yet..is there a simpler process that I don't know about?

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#2996 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

yikes, I am hitting a very steep learning curve here. I feel my team is good looking, but lacks depth in a serious way. The UFA chart seems to be not updated/highly picked over so I find I am spending a lot of time looking at players just to see if they are signed anywhere yet..is there a simpler process that I don't know about?

Yes. Open up every team page once and then search in Google docs for the player's name. No result then they are available. Remember to check the minors section of each page for players that have been drafted.

#2997 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,791 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

i wanted also to mention that the agents should update the free agent list to see who is still on the market but they are to busy with all the other stuff lately i guess.

179zig.jpg

#2998 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:11 AM

i wanted also to mention that the agents should update the free agent list to see who is still on the market but they are to busy with all the other stuff lately i guess.

That was just a resource for use on the beginning but I understand what you mean and we should delete it.

There are and always have been FAs that are not on that list.

#2999 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,858 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

well I have a player in mind, and i am ready to learn how to sign my first UFA. I PM'd The Minister about it, and sitting here excited. Such a low level signing, but I could use the depth. haha.

Edit: and thanks for the tip on Google docs..works wonderfully.

Edited by Primal Optimist, 22 September 2011 - 09:19 AM.

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#3000 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,791 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:21 AM

That was just a resource for use on the beginning but I understand what you mean and we should delete it.

There are and always have been FAs that are not on that list.

oh...good advice
so next season (if im still here) its better to check out all teams to find all fas?
one for sure...next season i need 2 or 3 new players who are excepted to make the playoffs with their teams. i guess got a little bit screwed here cuz i had some players from such teams but i just gave them away. well i have learned and in future will look 3 or 4 times more on a trade offer before i agree. but may the season has some surprises ..well see.
im sure my team will make the playoffs ..and there is still a deadline to get some playoff competive players. im looking forward

179zig.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.