The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Slow and steady wins the race.

If all the free agency was done now all we'd have are the odd trade here or there to look forward to.

I for one welcome our new insect overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I could be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

In my eyes perfection would be 1 or maybe 2 signings a day and 3 or 4 on fridays saturdays and sundays. That leaves a little bit of time before the season starts to tweak our rosters with some trades.

Well as I mentioned before with little to no reaction and I wonder if some GM's are even looking into the actual size of their teams. Some don't even have 20 players in their organization currently.

It is only the middle of August so their is a month and a half to get teams filled out, but way too many teams have too much work to do getting ready for next season. I posted my roster the other day, I think 40 players under contract with the Devils. NHL maximum for players under contract per team I believe is 50. As I said some teams have alot of work to do. That alone should make this offseason and the number of signings/moves more than what we've seen thus far.

Am I the only one who notices this ?

Nope.

Fromm an agent's perspective, what I am seeing is that GMs are focusing so much on 'name' players that they are discounting organizational depth to a certain extent. Some of the more experienced, like Quebec, have realized that their lack of bodies in the system really hurt them last year and it is better to have a 4th liner on your 3rd line than no one at all. TGC seems to have figured this out too.

What surprises me the most is that GMs ate not signing their own prospects to flush out their minors system whether that be 2010/2011 draft picks or unsigned AHLers. Those prospects are going to be easier to sign now, and cheaper, than at game 41 when they get called up.

Nope.

From an agent's perspective, what I am seeing is that GMs are focusing so much on 'name' players that they are discounting organizational depth to a certain extent. Some of the more experienced, like Quebec, have realized that their lack of bodies in the system really hurt them last year and it is better to have a 4th liner on your 3rd line than no one at all. TGC seems to have figured this out too.

What surprises me the most is that GMs are not signing their own prospects to flush out their minors system whether that be 2010/2011 draft picks or unsigned AHLers. Those prospects are going to be easier to sign now, and cheaper, than at game 41 when they get called up.

Nope.

From an agent's perspective, what I am seeing is that GMs are focusing so much on 'name' players that they are discounting organizational depth to a certain extent. Some of the more experienced, like Quebec, have realized that their lack of bodies in the system really hurt them last year and it is better to have a 4th liner on your 3rd line than no one at all. TGC seems to have figured this out too.

What surprises me the most is that GMs are not signing their own prospects to flush out their minors system whether that be 2010/2011 draft picks or unsigned AHLers. Those prospects are going to be easier to sign now, and cheaper, than at game 41 when they get called up.

I'm just a nineteen year old that likes to have fun, but I just want to say that I am really enjoying how this league is being run right now. Clearly we are all getting better at our jobs and a very fair trade was just made. Thanks to C2X, The Minister, and Lethunder for making this game run the way it runs and making it the best NHL replica on the internet.

Cheers Dudes

St.Louis Blues Depth Chart

Offence:

Morrow(Dal)-Weiss(Fla)-Iginla(Cgy)

Erat(Nas)-Belanger(Edm)-Michalek(Ott)

Kostitsyn(Mon)-Goc(Fla)-Chimera(Was)

Paille(Bos)-Steckel(NJ)-Neil(Ott)

Bowman(Car/Char)-Wichester(Ott)-Wellman(Min/Hou)

Mair(No Team)-Timmins(Fla)-Stortini(Nas/Mil)

Ivanans(Cgy)-Wahl(Cgy/Abb)-Petrov(KHL/NYI)

-------------Weal(LA/Man/Reg)

Defence:

Greene(NJ)-Corvo(Bos)

Karlsson(Ott)-Tyutin(Cbs)

Garrison(Fla)-Butler(Cgy)

Hunwick(Col)-Weber(Mon)

Campoli(No Team)-Sanguinetti(Car/Char)

Goncharov(Phx/Por)-Ness(NYI/Bri)

Alexandrov(Bos/Pro)

Goal:

Thomas(Bos)

Bobrovsky(Phi)

Auld(Ott)

Endras(Min/Hou)

Rights: Scheifele(Win),Beaulieu(Mon),Noesen(Ott),Ritchie(Dal),Laleggia(Undrafted)

CDC GM GAME - NEW YORK ISLANDERS

Franzen - Det(3.955) - Zetterberg - Det(6.083) - Sharp - Chi(3.900) = 13.938

Cleary - Det(2.800) - Couture - SJS(1.250) - Kunitz - Pit(3.725) = 7.775

Bertuzzi - Det(1.750) - Staal - Pit(4.000) - Eller - Mtl(0.875) = 6.625

Caron - Bos(0.900) - Malhotra - Van(1.350) - Dowell - Chi(0.775) = 3.025

Drury - NYR(1.500) = 1.500

Lidstrom - Det(6.000) - Hedman - Tam(3.500) = 9.500

Seidenberg - Bos(3.333) - Edler - Van(3.250) = 6.583

Stuart - Det(3.750) - Demers - SJS(1.100) = 4.850

Erskine - Was(1.200) - Weber - Buf(0.700) = 1.900

Emery - Chi(0.800) - Raycroft - Det(0.700) = 1.500

________Cap Hit: $57.196 / $64.300 = $ 7.104

LTIR:

Minors:

F: Kuznetsov - Was(1.500), Zibanejad - Ott(1.500), Loktionov - LA(0.700), Morin - Chi(0.800), Schultz - Mon(0.625), Gustafsson - Was(0.650), Etem - Ana(0.775) =

D: Elliott - Col(0.900), Smith - Det(0.917), Orlov - Was(0.600), Polasek - Van(0.550) =

G: Enroth - Buf(1.300), Eriksson - Phi(0.900) =

Minors Cap Hit: $ / $ 13.000 = $

2012 Draft Picks: 1st(NYI), 2nd(NYI), 3rd(NYI)

2011 Draft Picks: Doug Hamilton (7/'11), Mika Zibanejad(9/'11), Vladimir Namesnikov(25/'11), John Morrow(27/'11), Adam Lowry(65/'11), Rasmus Bengtsson(73/'11), Myles Bell(74/'11)

2010 Draft picks: Emerson Etem(23/'10), Calvin Pickard(26/'10), Evgeny Kuznetsov(46/'10), Ryan Spooner(48/'10), Beau Bennett(50/'10), Calle Jarnkrok(52/'10), Troy Rutkowski(54/'10), Patrik Nemeth(83/'10), Andrew Yogan(84/'10) - Ryan Martindale (trade)

Archived