The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

I understand this was a cap move to acquire Sid but you will regret this when Zajac becomes a Canuck in February, won't you.

;)

/ Great move, WSA, btw.

Probably a little :P but I'll have his line mates. Plus it strengthens my blue line considerably, and I add a prospect without adding to minors costs.

I was amazed and disappointed in a number of fellow GMs in the way they viewed Zajac. Minnesota valued him, and his roster will be better for it.

Mayfield is in his first year of university, so he is a long term prospect and nothing to really cry over losing, in my opinion. Gleason is high on the Canes Defensive Depth chart, with around 120 base points from scoring, and another 80 in penalties, he is a solid pickup. The real win here is Minnesota, who get a rebuilt achiles tendon on a player worth having. Zajac is a 175 fantasy base point player with another 25 or so penalty minutes. His extra value comes in possible PP points and his knack for those little 'extras' gwg's, otg's and an average of 56 fantasy points from his +- in two out of the last three years.

Advantage:WSA, mitigated by C2X's need to move salary.

Win Win.

I have 16, but 4 are injured still, day to day, and one is a backup goalie...so I am watching my 11 guys and looking for 36 points out of them, or better. I am happy to see that in the 'points this week' ranking, i am two places above my total points ranking..that is a positive San Jose will take to the bank, as we look forward to the return of four injured players, worth a heck of a lot of fantasy points.

Probably a little :P but I'll have his line mates. Plus it strengthens my blue line considerably, and I add a prospect without adding to minors costs.

I was amazed and disappointed in a number of fellow GMs in the way they viewed Zajac. Minnesota valued him, and his roster will be better for it.

could happen, but you have to be proud of what you have done to get into a top 12 spot from where you were a month ago dude. You have the second most points this week, that is a great indicator of doin it right. haha...

...side note: I am being beaten by Dogbyte, a guy we rarely hear from and one of the few GM's to have done nothing with his team since the season started, that makes me sad. I must beat every team on autopilot or I have failed.

edit: must beat the Rangers: the only team in the league not to have made a single roster change yet.

Archived