The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

so here is a question: if a player is placed on waivers with the intention of assigning him to the farm team, and he is waiver eligable of course, does he still play that night with the big club while awaiting his fate or is he a scratch? If he is a scratch, can his roster spot be filled with another player, a callup, while he is undergoing the waiver process?

I figure you all will know more than me: but its basically If an 8th dman or 14th forward is waived, will his possible points later that day count on pickuphockey.com for me, and if not, can i fill his roster spot today with a callup? The last option, which is also likely I guess, is that he doesn't get to play for me if I waive him today, but he is still taking up a roster spot.

Thank you in advance for the solution to the question.

It's one of the downfalls to having a 23 man roster that all collect points. The spot has to be vacant before you can fill it. With no "bench" players it means we may miss out of a few points. Given the players that generally get sent down and called up it doesn't make much of a difference at the end of the season.

The Boston Bruins would like to call up Alexander Urbom

We`re hoping Alex can help fill our defensive roster deficit while Randy Jones and Lubomir Visnovsky heal there wounds and plan for return.

Randy Jones took a moment to do an interview while he`s preparing for an early december comeback... As I read through this, I realized how lucky Boston is to have Randy as a veteran presence. Having never been drafted, Randy has worked extra hard, and earned himself a good career in the NHL, the hard way. Perseverance and determination has done much to earn Randy the place he`s in, though he`ll have to work hard to get back to fit in Boston`s d-six...

Q: Earlier this season, you got to to meet the lead singer for Pearl Jam - Eddie Vedder - prior to a concert in Winnipeg. What was he really like?

RJ: He's a terrific guy, a down-to-earth, regular John Doe who happens to play music and is a rock star. We were chuckling about that. We were saying how, early on, you don't know if you're going to make it. He's just a regular guy who enjoys what he does. He's no different than any guy walking down the street."

Q: With 20 goals, 88 assists and 187 penalty minutes in 364 games - both regular season and playoffs - list your top three career highlights.

RJ: There have been a lot of highlights, like winning the AHL championship (with the Philadelphia Phantoms) during the 2004-05 NHL lockout and my first NHL game, but a couple of moments really stand out. I scored first NHL goal in front of my parents (on Nov. 2, 2006). That was pretty special for me. Yeah, we lost the game (5-2 to Tampa Bay) but to be able to go out after you get your first NHL goal and see your parents right after the game. You've got that down look on your face and you're ticked off because you lost but when you see your Mom and Dad, it's quite a feeling. You want to grin but you want to wait until you get outside the door, because, wow, you scored a goal, and you're there to celebrate it with the two people who love you the most in this world. It was great. That's one that I will truly always remember. Another one was playing in a game in front of all my brothers (Dale, Derrick and Tim) in Philly. My parents were there too but they had seen me play before. They were right across the bench from me and you could kind of read their minds, 'This is our brother out there playing in an NHL game and we're sitting her watching.' It was cool. The third thing for me is having a street named after me. (Randy Jones Way is the street that takes you into the qplex in Quispamsis) I get chills when I drive by and see my name, I really do. I find I'm a pretty down-to-earth, modest guy and I don't really enjoy a lot of attention. When it comes, I'm very appreciative but you kind of just pinch yourself and actually say, 'Yeah I actually made it. I was able to do it. Sometimes you think it's just a job, but it's not."

With a house under construction on the Kingston Peninsula, do you have any post-NHL career plans?

RJ: I get asked that question a lot, even from my buddies. It's a question I wish I had a definite answer for but I don't. Sometimes I think I'd like to be a pilot but I've done a lot of travelling the last few years and I'm kind of getting tired of that so maybe that's not such a good idea. There are some times when I think about life after hockey but you just don't know because I've never done anything else. I would like to coach peewees or bantams somewhere down the road, a level where the kids are still learning. I want to go back home when I retire, I know that. For me, I've been away 13 years and missed a lot of what's going on in my brothers' and their families' lives, and even my parents. I mean, I get to see them for three months every summer but that's it. You miss their kids and stuff like that. I want to be part of their lives so I want to move back and be there for good when I'm done hockey. I'll be very happy, I know."

Rumor:

Despite playing some of their best hockey of late, the Habs appear to be on the verge of making another deal. It looks like this move is a depth move that will see a bottom-6 forward moved out after failing to impress the Canadiens brass after being brought in this past offseason. Sources suggest that this forward will be moving to the West Coast, while two depth forwards will be heading to La Belle Province in return.

Stay tuned for more updates...

Special congratulations to two Boston prospects for being invited to Canada`s WJHC selection camp.

Returning talents, Jaden Schwartz and Quinton Howden will attempt to best their own performances from last years silver. Good luck boys!!!

towel.gif

Maybe, while Tarasenko (also a Boston prospect) is occupied with a current 23 point in 25 game season instead, you can bring home a gold this time tongue.gif

Special congratulations to two Boston prospects for being invited to Canada`s WJHC selection camp.

Returning talents, Jaden Schwartz and Quinton Howden will attempt to best their own performances from last years silver. Good luck boys!!!

towel.gif

Maybe, while Tarasenko (also a Boston prospect) is occupied with a current 23 point in 25 game season instead, you can bring home a gold this time tongue.gif

With 36 points in 26 games played, we are happy to announce that Freddie Hamilton has made Team Canada's selection roster! I'm personally rooting to see both him and Dougie make it :P would definitely be a great family story in addition to them both being very talented players.

Archived