Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13431 replies to this topic

#11371 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

Red Wings Nominees:

Hart Trophy - Jonathan Quick
Ted Lindsay Trophy - Jonathan Quick
Lady Byng Trophy - Mark Letestu
Vezina Trophy - Jonathan Quick
Calder Trophy - None
Norris Trophy - Dustin Byfuglien
Bill Masterton Trophy - Daniel Alfredsson
Selke Trophy - Patrick Sharp
King Clancy Trophy - Scott Hartnell (#HartnellDown!)

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#11372 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

[quote name='Champions of Nothing' timestamp='1332352351' post='10492343']
PIMs worth too many GD points!

I'm trying to work my way into a playoff spot and the freakin' Flame get 30 points from 1 single scrum! Ott and Daley's misconducts on top of roughing and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were worth as many points as my entire team last night who scored 2 goals, 1 assist, was a +3 with a win.

I have never been a fan of rewarding penalty minutes, completely backwards if you ask me.
[/quote]

Calgary PIM points accumulated so far this season: 784.
Detroit PIM points accumulated so far this season: 861.

:unsure:

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#11373 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,408 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

to be honest..i still don have a clue who to nominate from my team excepted the vezina...hahahaha

well i ll work something out :)

#11374 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,408 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:42 AM

oops

is it possible to reduce the points per pim @ pickup? next season i ll also play in a espn league and there its 0,25 points per pim.
but i wouldnt like to get rid off the pims..i guess no one would.

#11375 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:50 AM

PIMs worth too many GD points!

I'm trying to work my way into a playoff spot and the freakin' Flame get 30 points from 1 single scrum! Ott and Daley's misconducts on top of roughing and unsportsmanlike conduct penalties were worth as many points as my entire team last night who scored 2 goals, 1 assist, was a +3 with a win.

I have never been a fan of rewarding penalty minutes, completely backwards if you ask me.

I agree actually. I've always thought that PIMs make creating a team a little more convoluted. At the very least I would love to see game misconducts done away with.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11376 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

SIGNING: The Quebec Nordiques have signed Joe Cannata to a 3-year deal.

Joe Cannata - 3 years, $ 1.875 million dollar contract. ($ 625,000.00 per season)

In light of todays news:

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=623396

We feel one of these is necessary

:towel:

Edited by Squeak, 21 March 2012 - 11:55 AM.

Posted Image

#11377 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

to be honest..i still don have a clue who to nominate from my team excepted the vezina...hahahaha

well i ll work something out :)

If I may make a suggestion, I'd nominate Matt Cooke for the Masterton Trophy.

Seriously. Hear me out.

Bill Masterton Trophy - Awarded to the player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey.

Perseverance - a steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, or discouragement.

Sportsmanship - conduct (as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.

Dedication - to devote wholly and earnestly to some person or purpose.

He's been called out as a plague to the game. He's been ripped apart by the fans, media, players both current and former, even some of his own teammates. He hit rock bottom last season and his roster spot, and place in the league, was very much in question.

All he's done since then is dedicate himself to turning things around. He's clearly put in a lot of effort into ensuring he plays the game the right way. While he still battles hard and is a physical player (136 hits so far this season), he's on pace for a career low in penalty minutes in a full season. With 30 PIMs so far this year, the only season he had less was when he had 27 PIMs in 30 games his rookie year. He's a staple on both the power play and the penalty kill for the Penguins, and has set a new career high in goals with 16. He's become a reliable and steady producer for one of the best teams in the NHL, and a key member for a club looking to make a deep playoff run. And just as important, he has stopped being a distraction, a negative source of attention to the club. Nobody is talking about him being a dirty player anymore. He's 'rehabilitated' his game.

It's not the traditional sense in which the Masterton is looked at, usually it's a player overcoming serious injury or illness. But one could make the case that Matt Cooke's game of last season was just that, and he's overcome it, bettered himself as a player and person and is now a very valuable hockey player for an elite team. That's a pretty dramatic turnaround in the course of 11 months if you ask me, and good for him.

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#11378 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,408 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:58 AM

^ cooke has turned to a good hockey player..i have noticed this..and his pims has cooled down to a minimum
problem ... he was not on my roster the whole season..but thanks for the advice :)

Clancy could go to Iggy

i still have some time to work it out....

#11379 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

oops

is it possible to reduce the points per pim @ pickup? next season i ll also play in a espn league and there its 0,25 points per pim.
but i wouldnt like to get rid off the pims..i guess no one would.

I agree actually. I've always thought that PIMs make creating a team a little more convoluted. At the very least I would love to see game misconducts done away with.

The point structure will likely be tinkered with in the off-season. Penalty minutes won't be eliminated but their impact will likely be reduced.

I've said before that I'd love to do away with the misconducts, but pickuphockey doesn't offer that option. Looking into our options for next year already, and penalty minutes will be looked at.

But for now, everyone plays by the same scoring structure, so I don't think it should be a big point of contention at this point.

#11380 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:11 PM

I'm not saying I haven't benefitted from it, because I recognized early that PIMs were rewarded. Still don't think it is right though. Have never liked it and every league I've created I have refused to use them.

I understand why, it's to give value to non-scorers. But there are better ways to do it, like a hits/blocked shots stats. I would be in favour of keeping fights though. That would be one way to give value to tough guys but not to guys who hook a lot.

Also, how did you calculate that so fast?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#11381 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

The point structure will likely be tinkered with in the off-season. Penalty minutes won't be eliminated but their impact will likely be reduced.

I've said before that I'd love to do away with the misconducts, but pickuphockey doesn't offer that option. Looking into our options for next year already, and penalty minutes will be looked at.

But for now, everyone plays by the same scoring structure, so I don't think it should be a big point of contention at this point.

I would like to see us use a different site. Pick-up gets very messy with guys who get injured then come back, you have like 40-50 names on the roster, half of which or doubles. It's also impossible to keep track of the scoring leaders if they've been injured or traded.

ESPN might be a good option. I don't know if you would be against teams making their own roster moves or not but that would take away some for the workload for you.

As for the last bit, I was just ranting because after a good night I was thwarted by 1 scrum.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#11382 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 26,408 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I would like to see us use a different site. Pick-up gets very messy with guys who get injured then come back, you have like 40-50 names on the roster, half of which or doubles. It's also impossible to keep track of the scoring leaders if they've been injured or traded.

ESPN might be a good option. I don't know if you would be against teams making their own roster moves or not but that would take away some for the workload for you.

As for the last bit, I was just ranting because after a good night I was thwarted by 1 scrum.

i dont like this too

#11383 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,774 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

I don't think it's a big point of contention just something some people would like to see tweaked.(some eliminated all together) Yes everyone plays with them so it doesn't really matter. We all build our teams how we want them to look.

s'no big deal.

Also I agree with CoN. ESPN is a good choice. I used to really like cbssportsline as well. Officepools.com is great as well but it's a pay site; a really cheap pay site but pay site none the less.

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 21 March 2012 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11384 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,760 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

I don't think you can filter 'regular' PIMs from misconducts.

The only suggestion would be to make PIM = 0.5 points?
Posted Image

#11385 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Didn't we already change the scoring structure from last season so that goals and assists were worth more and kept PIMs at 1? Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Goals/Assists only 3 before?

EDIT:
OLD SCORING STRUCTURE
Forwards:
Goals/Assists/Shootout Winning Goals: 2 point.
Special Teams Points (PP or SH): 1 additional point
Overtime Points: 2 additional points
Game Winning Goals: 2 additional points
Shootout Winning Goals: 1 additional point
Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute
Plus/Minus: 2 points per 1 + rating.

Defencemen:
Goals/Assists/Shootout Winning Goals: 4 points.
Special Teams Points (PP or SH): 1 additional point
Overtime Points: 2 additional points
Game Winning Goals: 2 additional points
Shootout Winning Goals: 1 additional point
Penalty Minutes: 1 point per minute
Plus/Minus: 2 point per 1 + rating.

Goaltenders:
Win: 10 points
OT Losses: 5 points
SO Losses: 3 points
Shutouts: 10 additional points
Goals: 75 points
Assists: 10 points
Penalty Minutes: 2 points per minute

CURRENT SCORING STRUCTURE:
Forwards
Goal/Assist: 3 points
PP Point: +1 point
SH Point: +2 points
OT Point: +2 points
GWG: +2 points
PIM: 1 point per minute
+/- : 2 points per each + rating

Defence
Goal/Assist: 5 points
PP Point: +1 point
SH Point: +2 points
OT Point: +2 points
GWG: +2 points
PIM: 1 point per minute
+/- : 2 points per each + rating

Goaltenders
Win: 10 points
OTL: 5 points
SO: +10 points
Goal: 99 points
Assist: 10 points
PIM = 1 point per minute

Considering my team is/was half goons/half guys who never get PIMs, I don't have any problem with the current system, but considering my "Stars" are all non-PIMs guy, I would support further weight towards goals and assists (until I acquire a power forward like Clowe, Lucic, etc. :P)

Edited by y0shi, 21 March 2012 - 01:10 PM.

CDCGML Posted Image - Tampa Bay Lightning

#11386 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

I agree with pickup getting messy as roster moves go through during the season. Drives me nuts. At the very least they should sort into a single 'removed players' drop list that remains closed unless someone wants to look at them. Would be a much cleaner look.

I'm against teams putting through their own roster moves. That opens up a whole new can of worms and it's really unnecessary.

I should point out that I'm not trying to belittle anyone or their opinion, hopefully I don't come across that way. The PIM issue is one we're looking at and we're always trying to improve.

@Yoshi we did adjust our scoring structure after last season. Not sure if we will do so again or not, but I'd like to come up with one that works well and everyone agrees on.

#11387 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

I agree with pickup getting messy as roster moves go through during the season. Drives me nuts. At the very least they should sort into a single 'removed players' drop list that remains closed unless someone wants to look at them. Would be a much cleaner look.

I'm against teams putting through their own roster moves. That opens up a whole new can of worms and it's really unnecessary.

I should point out that I'm not trying to belittle anyone or their opinion, hopefully I don't come across that way. The PIM issue is one we're looking at and we're always trying to improve.

@Yoshi we did adjust our scoring structure after last season. Not sure if we will do so again or not, but I'd like to come up with one that works well and everyone agrees on.

Just curious, what exactly is the "can of worms" that would be opened if say I could physically add/remove a guy I was sending down or calling up? You can still limit rosters to what we want and have waiver eligible/in-eligible players on a lot of sites.

And I don't think you will ever find a system everyone will agree on.

Edited by Champions of Nothing, 21 March 2012 - 01:29 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#11388 Cal and Gary's Phlegms

Cal and Gary's Phlegms

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Since we're putting suggestions: I'd be in favour of making PIMS worth less than a point, like 0.5 points like Squeak suggested, and to compensate for that, we add hits and blocked shots. Also, what about shots in general? If this game is based on trying to be as realistic as possible, aren't players that hit, block shots, and "put pucks on net" valuable to any good team?

#11389 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Since we're putting suggestions: I'd be in favour of making PIMS worth less than a point, like 0.5 points like Squeak suggested, and to compensate for that, we add hits and blocked shots. Also, what about shots in general? If this game is based on trying to be as realistic as possible, aren't players that hit, block shots, and "put pucks on net" valuable to any good team?

They sure are.

I'm not a big fan of half points, but that doesn't mean it can't be considered. Pickup doesn't give me the option of tracking hits or blocked shots, or they would have been in from the very beginning. Shots is an interesting one as well.

And no, CoN, we'll never find something everyone agrees on, but we can cover as much as possible.

As for the can of worms? Well, the disputes earlier about sending players down without identifying them as requiring waivers. I'd wager that would be abused much more if teams were able to put thru their own roster moves. Also, if people were able to put thru their own roster moves, some people might be a bit more, shall we say, ethical, than others in doing so.

Also I think it would severely decrease the amount of activity in the thread. Why post anything at all if you can just make your moves and watch? And what fun would that be? Having everything go through the league has worked just fine, save for some delay time that will be addressed next season, and it ensures a uniform standard for every move.

#11390 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:19 PM

Montreal Canadiens Nominees:

Hart Trophy - Brent Burns
Ted Lindsay Trophy - Brent Burns
Lady Byng Trophy - Milan Hejduk
Vezina Trophy - Niklas Backstrom
Calder Trophy - Marco Scandella
Norris Trophy - Brent Burns
Bill Masterton Trophy - Niklas Backstrom
Selke Trophy - Jim Slater
King Clancy Trophy - Mark Streit

Edited by _arby_18, 27 March 2012 - 12:05 PM.

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

CDCGML Montreal Canadiens
1633851961.gif
(Click Above to See Habs Roster in Google Docs)

#11391 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,987 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

Not holding my breath for a Duncan Keith suspension.... absolutely ******* brutal.

#11392 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:48 PM

Signing: The Quebec Nordiques have signed F Jan Mursak to a 3-year contract extension.

Jan Mursak - 3 years, $2.925m contract ($0.975m per season)

Check out my blog on www.arcticicehockey.com, the Home of the Winnipeg Jets on SBNation!

1633851961.gif

#11393 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Not holding my breath for a Duncan Keith suspension.... absolutely ******* brutal.

As bad as that was, the Canucks can't forget there's still a hockey game to play. The PK's been good, but they need to tone it down a bit discipline-wise.

Edited by y0shi, 21 March 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#11394 _arby_18

_arby_18

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:49 PM

Signing: The Quebec Nordiques have signed F Pat Dwyer to a 2-year contract extension.

Pat Dwyer - 2 years, $1.3m contract ($0.65m per season)

1633851961.gif

#11395 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,134 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:04 PM

We better hope Daniel okay😨

2lnqqu.jpg

#11396 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 15,527 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

They sure are.

I'm not a big fan of half points, but that doesn't mean it can't be considered. Pickup doesn't give me the option of tracking hits or blocked shots, or they would have been in from the very beginning. Shots is an interesting one as well.

The biggest issue, in my mind, is the metric even if we could do it. The league leader in hits could be near 300 and blocked shots 200. Where do they fit in? Face-offs then would the the logical next step.

We need a better tool.

And no, CoN, we'll never find something everyone agrees on, but we can cover as much as possible.

I think, with a current stable body, we can reach a consensus and to be adaptable along the way. I have that much faith in this group.

As for the can of worms? Well, the disputes earlier about sending players down without identifying them as requiring waivers. I'd wager that would be abused much more if teams were able to put thru their own roster moves. Also, if people were able to put thru their own roster moves, some people might be a bit more, shall we say, ethical, than others in doing so.

The filter is an important part of the process.

Every move I make for the LTIR considers current information backdated to a requested time stamp. Some have complained about the delay, 24-48 hours, but most have realized that is in their benefit. Having the filter allows a level of wisdom that a computer model can't.

Also I think it would severely decrease the amount of activity in the thread. Why post anything at all if you can just make your moves and watch? And what fun would that be? Having everything go through the league has worked just fine, save for some delay time that will be addressed next season, and it ensures a uniform standard for every move.

When we announce more things efficiently, vis-a-vis having 'forms' for roster moves, then we also get the benefit of having the thread be an official movement wire.

Worth it's weight in FAs.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#11397 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 15,527 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:39 PM

NYI Nominees:

Hart Trophy - Henrik Zetterberg - In an off season is the 3rd leading scorer for his team which is one of the best in the league. He's that good.
Ted Lindsay Trophy - Patrice Bergeron - A player's player.
Lady Byng Trophy - Logan Couture...30g and 14 pims. 'Nuff said.
Vezina Trophy - Tuukka Rask - C'mon. I mean, c'mon. Work with me here.
Calder Trophy - Craig Smith - As good a first half as any but saw his role fade in the 2nd half.
Norris Trophy - Nicklas Lidstrom - The ageless wonder. I was starting to doubt him but now I am beginning to believe he is Thor incarnate.
Bill Masterton Trophy - Manny Malhotra - Warrior, wat?
Selke Trophy - Jordan Staal - Who else could replace Crosby?
King Clancy Trophy - Nicklas Lidstrom - Class exemplified with or without ice, shaken or stirred.

Edited by theminister, 21 March 2012 - 10:39 PM.

small.pngNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEsmall.png

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#11398 lethunder

lethunder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

Buffalo Sabres Award Nominees:

Harrt Trophy - Claude Giroux
Ted Lindsay Trophy - Claude Giroux
Lady Byng Trophy - Valterri Filppula
Vezina Trophy - Roberto Luongo
Calder Trophy - Gabriel Landeskog
Norris Trophy - Dan Boyle
Bill Masterton Trophy - Andy McDonald
Selke Trophy - Gabriel Landeskog

Buffalo Sabres CDC GM Game

Posted Image

credit to GoaltenderInterference

#11399 y0shi

y0shi

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:14 PM

I know I already nominated Stoner for the Masterton, but since there's no award for Minor League Perseverance, I would like to give a special shoutout to Alex Stalock from successfully coming back from one of the most horrendous hockey injuries ever. For anyone wanting a feel-good hockey story and has time for a quick read, just look him up.

#11400 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 16,987 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:52 AM

Lady Byng Trophy - Logan Couture...30g and 14 pims. 'Nuff said.

I'll see your 30 goals and 14 PIMs, and raise you 32 goals, 70 points and 8 PIMs. On the Oilers.

B)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.