The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Regarding the above posts:

I think this week is just a blip... I spoke to Curt last week, and he knew he was going to be very very busy this week with training outside of town. ( add to the fact that the internet in his hotel is terrible)

Sometimes life comes first.

All of us other agents are here to help with any inquiries.

As stated above, all transactions will backdated to when they were submitted and Curt will go through every page and get every transaction.

At this time; no one else has access to the cap-sheets. But it has been discussed and if an issue arises in the future, we will explore it further.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Thanks Squeak....and as I've told fellow GM's as well, the situation is totally and completely understandable. However, i feel you're missing the crux of, speaking for myself again, the dialogue....or at least that's the impression you're giving.

While we comnpletely understand Curt's real life situation and wish him the best in his training whilst in cowboy country...aka Texas North, aka, Hickapalooza, aka Jesusland Canada(jpeg available upon request)...the situation and subsequent dialogue is only to mitigate this current backlog due to an extended absence of Dear Leader, and future prolonged absences that may also occur, due to work, family commitments, coma, or his decision to become Canada's first male with a functioning uterus in his hypothetical desire to give birth to a child in order to feel the joys of labour....or other plausible scenarios.

With a backup plan in place and experienced and intelligent people to step into his shoes temporarily our fine feathered friend wouldn't have to worry about catching up with the extra time consuming work after prolonged, but completely understandable absences when other more important priorities inevitably interject themselves into his life....that's all.

But, if you really want to make a thing about it.....maybe you and I can go outside and settle it between ourselves?

both Zbynek and Mike sitting this one out, sigh, arguably the two most fantasy points producing dmen in the Pitts/Wash game...playing tidlywinks in the pressbox. Hahaha...If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at allllllll..i got the dman in the pressbox blues now baby yeah....(gonna put that to music)

I have heard that agents can verify trades now in our league? Is this true? it might relieve C2X of some of his work load....

This is not true.

There are a lot of moving parts to keep charts updated when any roster move is made, but moreso with trades. Also, when the charts are updated, so too is pickuphockey.com, so that I don't miss anything. Call me a control freak, but I prefer if I'm the only one maintaining those sheets.

Also, the past week has been ridiculous intensive. My day begins with an alarm at 6:00am. I get ready and leave the hotel by 6:30am, and get to the training center at 7:00am. Then it's an hour on simulators. Then at 8:00am, we start class time, pouring over chapters of information until 11:45, at which point we get half an hour for lunch. Then more class time until 4:00pm, and then a crew bus back to the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel around 4:45pm, I may or may not have 30 minutes to have dinner. Then I start on the pages of homework we're assigned every night. If I'm lucky, I finish the homework (or call it a night anyways) at 10:30pm. Though usually it's closer to 11:30.

Every day since Monday.

This is not true.

There are a lot of moving parts to keep charts updated when any roster move is made, but moreso with trades. Also, when the charts are updated, so too is pickuphockey.com, so that I don't miss anything. Call me a control freak, but I prefer if I'm the only one maintaining those sheets.

Also, the past week has been ridiculous intensive. My day begins with an alarm at 6:00am. I get ready and leave the hotel by 6:30am, and get to the training center at 7:00am. Then it's an hour on simulators. Then at 8:00am, we start class time, pouring over chapters of information until 11:45, at which point we get half an hour for lunch. Then more class time until 4:00pm, and then a crew bus back to the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel around 4:45pm, I may or may not have 30 minutes to have dinner. Then I start on the pages of homework we're assigned every night. If I'm lucky, I finish the homework (or call it a night anyways) at 10:30pm. Though usually it's closer to 11:30.

Every day since Monday.

yikes, but i bet your loving it none the less eh? Tough schedule means a good course. My wife at one point instructed Naughtical Engineering in kingston, for a brief moment in time. I don't envy you...but i kind of envy you... ;p

Oh, and I understand about the updates, its important to make sure there is no mistakes, and sometimes the only way to do that is to have one hand on the rudder.

No. Not even a little. I can't wait to go home.

Did I mention it's in Calgary? ugh...

I won't be online tonight, going to soak up the game in its full 55 inch High Definition surround sound glory, soon as wifey is done watching bones...sigh...

I am very curious about Raymond...he and Samuelson (don't flame me) had to go, in my mind, last year, near the end and into the playoffs..they were the two major pieces I had thought we needed to upgrade..but, I am interested to see if perhaps the layoff and some time maturing may have had an effect on the speedy Raymond. Its no good being fast if your stick and hands can't keep up. Look at some Bure moments...he was fast on his feet but his hands were faster! Raymond could evolve with age, and I want to get a good scope on him today. Hopefully he changes my mind vs last year.

This is not true.

I won't be online tonight, going to soak up the game in its full 55 inch High Definition surround sound glory, soon as wifey is done watching bones...sigh...

I am very curious about Raymond...he and Samuelson (don't flame me) had to go, in my mind, last year, near the end and into the playoffs..they were the two major pieces I had thought we needed to upgrade..but, I am interested to see if perhaps the layoff and some time maturing may have had an effect on the speedy Raymond. Its no good being fast if your stick and hands can't keep up. Look at some Bure moments...he was fast on his feet but his hands were faster! Raymond could evolve with age, and I want to get a good scope on him today. Hopefully he changes my mind vs last year.

I firmly believe that Raymond going down in Game 6 cost us the Cup.

Archived