2ef5pn7.jpgQuebec - 1582

small.png Toronto - 1450

Southeast Division Standings:

small.pngPittsburgh - 1822

small.pngFlorida - 1765

small.pngWashington - 1588

small.pngTampa Bay - 1369

small.pngCarolina - 1182

I think with my 2 points from Sturm, Reimer with a goose egg and COlton Teubert still on the ice, now is a decent time to go out with the wife. Friday calls!

Oh and Grats to Calgary upon entering the 8th seed spot in the west! I almost missed it, but corrected it quickly after initial posting.

I like that there are battles at every level in the west..we are going to see seed changes every monday and friday that i post the standings, i am sure of it..Although, As The Peg is out in front, they get a bit more scrutiny than the rest...and as they say "live by the sword, die by the sword". Canuck heavy Winnipeg has a day of reckoning on the way in a little over a month, when they have only three games in a fifteen day window surrounding the all star game. The random three other nhl teams I checked have five, six and five games in the same period each. Winipeg might ride unchallenged into the new year, but could be overtaken, possibly, in late January, early Feb.

I like that there are battles at every level in the west..we are going to see seed changes every monday and friday that i post the standings, i am sure of it..Although, As The Peg is out in front, they get a bit more scrutiny than the rest...and as they say "live by the sword, die by the sword". Canuck heavy Winnipeg has a day of reckoning on the way in a little over a month, when they have only three games in a fifteen day window surrounding the all star game. The random three other nhl teams I checked have five, six and five games in the same period each. Winipeg might ride unchallenged into the new year, but could be overtaken, possibly, in late January, early Feb.

If I'm living or dying by any sword, I'm proud that it's emblazoned with Canuck colours.

Teams are reminded of this section of our CBA:

Article 3: Roster Limitations

3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time. Teams can dress any roster at their descretion, within these guidelines, provided that teams keep their players happy as outlined in Article 2 Section 2.

Recently a club asked me about 15 forwards, and I mused that I suppose it would be possible but unlikely that all the players would be content in their roles. I also had overlooked this section in the CBA.

Teams are asked to review their roster to ensure they comply with these roster guidelines and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks :)

ADJUSTMENT TO CBA

Article 3 Section 1 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement has been amended as follows:

]3.1 – Active Roster Guidelines

Each roster will consist of a full 23 player roster. Teams are limited to a maximum of 14 forwards, 8 defencemen or 2 goaltenders on an active roster at any one time. Teams can request a player be dressed in a different position (i.e: forward playing defence, defenceman playing forward) on an emergency basis, but this will be accepted for no more than a seven day period. Teams can dress any roster at their descretion, within these guidelines, provided that teams keep their players happy as outlined in Article 2 Section 2.

Some adjustments to the team charts will be forthcoming to help with this change.

Archived