The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2011-12 Season

canuck2xtreme

Joking aside, you'd actually let this trade slide? Hell, if I proposed that package of players to you for a serviceable #6 dman on a playoff calibre team and a top 5 prospect in all of hockey, you wouldn't think I was trying to low ball you at all?! I wouldn't be surprised if you cut communicating with me that instant, and I wouldn't blame you. Probably the most lopsided trade I've ever seen in my entire tenure here as a GM in this league.

My secret decoder glasses read it like this:

To WIN

1 good d-man on playoff team, pretty much a lock on playtime.

1 of the most exciting OHL prospects on the rise

To COL

1 30 year old mediocre injury prone d-man, who has managed to string together 9 games so far.

1 19 year old late 2nd round pick that has flailed with poor results in juniors. Probably three years away from not making the NHL

1 28 year old man/child trapped in the minors. 1 NHL game this year. Not playing in the NHL

1 1st round pick that`s actually a 2nd round pick

and more?

My secret decoder glasses read it like this:

To WIN

1 good d-man on playoff team, pretty much a lock on playtime.

1 of the most exciting OHL prospects on the rise

To COL

1 30 year old mediocre injury prone d-man, who has managed to string together 9 games so far.

1 19 year old late 2nd round pick that has flailed with poor results in juniors. Probably three years away from not making the NHL

1 28 year old man/child trapped in the minors. 1 NHL game this year. Not playing in the NHL

1 1st round pick that`s actually a 2nd round pick

and more?

Funny thing is the PM discussions I have with COL he seems like a knowledgeable guy and always asks for high return for his assets, then he makes a deal like this, just strange. I don't think he'll come around to explain it either, he never posts.:P

I think you guys are being a little too brutal. I held my tongue about what I thought of the trade, but since your putting a lot of lopsided opinions out there, I will merely add that at one point Rome was a filler canuck Dman..he may return to that point again. The future star is just that, a future possible star.

It looks to me like Colorado needs warm bodies more than it needs Rome and somebody in 3 years.

Shrug.

journeyman Dman, 30

prospect dman 2nd round pick

28 year old filler dman

1st round pick (i hate when people refer to late 1sts as a 2nd rounder, its really a bad slight. the 30th pick has far more weight to it than the 31st through 60th

Future considerations that may be considerable, we don't know.

First round pick for rome? Why not. all that filler and considerations for a prospect? Why not.

No need to be so harshly critical of a guy trying to improve, and if the first round pick at the draft is worth more than rome to the guy, so be it.

I think you guys are being a little too brutal. I held my tongue about what I thought of the trade, but since your putting a lot of lopsided opinions out there, I will merely add that at one point Rome was a filler canuck Dman..he may return to that point again. The future star is just that, a future possible star.

It looks to me like Colorado needs warm bodies more than it needs Rome and somebody in 3 years.

Shrug.

journeyman Dman, 30

prospect dman 2nd round pick

28 year old filler dman

1st round pick (i hate when people refer to late 1sts as a 2nd rounder, its really a bad slight. the 30th pick has far more weight to it than the 31st through 60th

Future considerations that may be considerable, we don't know.

First round pick for rome? Why not. all that filler and considerations for a prospect? Why not.

No need to be so harshly critical of a guy trying to improve, and if the first round pick at the draft is worth more than rome to the guy, so be it.

Regardless of who was the center piece, I propose that this deal be vetoed. If WPG proposed this deal to nux_rule, he should have to answer to us why he did what he did. This type of extreme low balling is not ok and should have no room in this game. If nux_rule proposed this deal to WPG, he should've been fired on the spot because he clearly lacks the knowledge at the type of level of fantasy hockey knowledge that we're playing at in this game, especially with the fact that's it's a deep keeper league per se. I think it's safe to say that we pride ourselves in this league that we have some of the smartest fantasy hockey people around and to let this type of trade slide should not be allowed, regardless of who's fault it is because at the end of the day, we're all in this league to have fun and this type of dealing takes that right out of the game.

Regardless of who was the center piece, I propose that this deal be vetoed. If WPG proposed this deal to nux_rule, he should have to answer to us why he did what he did. This type of extreme low balling is not ok and should have no room in this game. If nux_rule proposed this deal to WPG, he should've been fired on the spot because he clearly lacks the knowledge at the type of level of fantasy hockey knowledge that we're playing at in this game, especially with the fact that's it's a deep keeper league per se. I think it's safe to say that we pride ourselves in this league that we have some of the smartest fantasy hockey people around and to let this type of trade slide should not be allowed, regardless of who's fault it is because at the end of the day, we're all in this league to have fun and this type of dealing takes that right out of the game.

Archived