13431 replies to this topic

#211 Mr Postman

Mr Postman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

The Postman, is extremely happy to be in the best fantasy hockey league ever with the most knowledgeable GMs ever, but is disappointed by the resignation of so many GMs. I personally know theminister (he was at my wedding this weekend) and know how much work and love he puts into this game. His passion for hockey is second to none, and I feel saddened by all the trash that has been spewed in his direction by exiting GMs. The work that all the execs do in this league is invaluable, and the reasoning for some (not all) of those that have resigned is laughable. I believe that this will make our league even stronger as this is like pruning dead leaves from a plant to promote new and healthy growth.....and with that will come strength.

#212 greensman

greensman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

I continue to believe that our league is a strong one, with a great future. I continue to believe that my fellow GM`s are the best around.

New and interested hockey fans are lined up to participate, so I harbor no hard feelings. I am sure we will be back at full strength in no time. I appreciate the parting GM`s consideration in choosing the off season to tender their resignations, as this allows us to move forward without a hitch. This is a good example of the professional way to do things. I have enjoyed working with you all, and wish you the best in your new league. Many of you will be missed, and I look forward to the possibility of working with you again.

I do not support the childish behavior of some departing GM`s, or their personal attacks on our league executives. It is ridiculous to think that there is tampering in this league... With the amount of time and effort that these boys put in, it is clear that the purity of the game is important. I have 100% faith in the league and it`s executives, anyone who thinks any less... well, you`re probably not reading this then ;)

I think the return of English_fan is great news! There is the silver lining... no need to look for it. A bunch of disgruntled gm`s in exchange for one of our best and most dedicated from the past... good trade. CDCGML wins on that deal.

I look forward to an exciting start of a new season with new GM`s. It`s gonna be a great year.

Edited by greensman, 11 July 2011 - 12:42 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image Boston Bruins CDCGML

#213 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:58 AM

The Postman, is extremely happy to be in the best fantasy hockey league ever with the most knowledgeable GMs ever, but is disappointed by the resignation of so many GMs. I personally know theminister (he was at my wedding this weekend) and know how much work and love he puts into this game. His passion for hockey is second to none, and I feel saddened by all the trash that has been spewed in his direction by exiting GMs. The work that all the execs do in this league is invaluable, and the reasoning for some (not all) of those that have resigned is laughable. I believe that this will make our league even stronger as this is like pruning dead leaves from a plant to promote new and healthy growth.....and with that will come strength.

Congratulations Mr Postman!
Posted Image

#214 greensman

greensman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

Why does everyone think I'm c2x's cousin? I traded Shea Weber in the three way deal not the new avs GM. So there you go your criticism point of the league is squashed

It is a shame the truth never travels as fast as rumors and lies.

Thank you for this post, and the closure that it allows all. Onwards and upwards :)

Posted Image

Posted Image Boston Bruins CDCGML

#215 Mike Vanderhoek

Mike Vanderhoek

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:31 AM

In case c2x or Mike see this post first, I am open to returning to the league (especially now BM24 is gone...).

This is english_fan btw (former Carolina GM).

Great to see a quality individual like yourself willing to rejoin this League, I look forward to seeing what team you'll be managing....

CDC GM League: +1
Posted Image

#216 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:15 AM

Thanks guys. I'll take a look at the vacant teams today and let c2x know which one I'd like to takeover.

This league was great fun when I was in it before - only some difficult personal circumstances made me pull out. But I'm fully ready to get back into the swing of things, and look forward to beating, I mean working with, you all ;)

#217 Mr Postman

Mr Postman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:25 AM

Congratulations Mr Postman!

Thank you very much!:D

#218 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

Congratulations on the nuptials.

Only 5.5 weeks till mine.
Posted Image

#219 Azzy Mahmood

Azzy Mahmood

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

Okay...I'd like to take the Florida Panthers, if that's okay by everyone?And if it is, what do I need do? Is it UFA season?

#220 da.moose

da.moose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:47 PM

The more I think about this the more I realize that this is probably one of the best things to happen to the league since I was hired as General Manager. We are left with an incredible group here that will make this game very realistic. A lot of immature General Managers are gone and a lot of very smart managers staid. I am very excited to work with this group going forward!!

Lets get things moving!! :)

#221 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

The more I think about this the more I realize that this is probably one of the best things to happen to the league since I was hired as General Manager. We are left with an incredible group here that will make this game very realistic. A lot of immature General Managers are gone and a lot of very smart managers staid. I am very excited to work with this group going forward!!

Lets get things moving!! :)

I agree completely.

Although I am gonna miss being offered a 6th D, a 4th line forward and a 3rd round pick for my top players... I really am. ;)
Posted Image

#222 C.Schneider

C.Schneider

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

I agree completely.

Although I am gonna miss being offered a 6th D, a 4th line forward and a 3rd round pick for my top players... I really am. ;)

Oh, you mean 100 pennies don't add up to a dollar?

#223 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:59 PM

Oh, you mean 100 pennies don't add up to a dollar?

Sorry who are you?

EDIT: I have figured out that you are in the other game... so it looks like you got lost and needed to give your '2 cents'

Any proposal I get I check EVERY player and how they would score in the game, and then go from there... but being offered a 6th D, 4th line forward and a pick doesn't equal a player like Grabner, or Lecavelier, or Steve Mason etc.

Edited by Squeak, 11 July 2011 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image

#224 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

Although I'm in the other game, I don't like the feuding thats going on. squeak has a point. yesterday, I was offered
two 3rd liners and a couple of late picks for Corey Perry. quantity usually doesn't
equal quality.

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#225 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:47 PM

Although I'm in the other game, I don't like the feuding thats going on. squeak has a point. yesterday, I was offered
two 3rd liners and a couple of late picks for Corey Perry. quantity usually doesn't
equal quality.

Thank you.

I wasn't trying to feud, just trying to give the people in this game a good chuckle and move on.

Good luck with your team Mattias - looks good so far.

Edited by Squeak, 11 July 2011 - 03:53 PM.

Posted Image

#226 Mattias Ohlund.2

Mattias Ohlund.2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Thank you.

I wasn't trying to feud, just trying the people in this game have a good chuckle and move on.

Good luck with your team Mattias - looks good so far.

Thanks, and btw this is ohlund_forever

Proud GM of Edmonton-CDCGML

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables!

#227 C.Schneider

C.Schneider

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:23 PM

Sorry who are you?

EDIT: I have figured out that you are in the other game... so it looks like you got lost and needed to give your '2 cents'

Any proposal I get I check EVERY player and how they would score in the game, and then go from there... but being offered a 6th D, 4th line forward and a pick doesn't equal a player like Grabner, or Lecavelier, or Steve Mason etc.

It wasn't an attack nor an attempt to create any more drama over two egoistic parties yapping about who's fantasy league is better. I honestly could not care less.

Why must you assume, just because I post on the 'other' thread, that I come in the name of trolling?

I was just poking fun that the general mentality of CDC fans, and not just those participating in the two current leagues, believe 100 crap bags can lend you a bidet... which is what you you were saying.

What the problem is?

#228 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

It wasn't an attack nor an attempt to create any more drama over two egoistic parties yapping about who's fantasy league is better. I honestly could not care less.

Why must you assume, just because I post on the 'other' thread, that I come in the name of trolling?

I was just poking fun that the general mentality of CDC fans, and not just those participating in the two current leagues, believe 100 crap bags can lend you a bidet... which is what you you were saying.

What the problem is?

I guess I misunderstood the purpose of posting in a thread that you were not part of.

I was more making a back-handed comment to some of the GM's who left, as that is what I found they did - offer quantity for quality and then try to force a bad deal.

End of this conversation as it does not need to go further.

(EDIT: add the fact that any time you post, a few people who are not part of this thread, come over and give you a plus for your comments..... it doesn't help the perception)

Edited by Squeak, 11 July 2011 - 04:50 PM.

Posted Image

#229 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• Assistant to Regional Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,523 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

CDCGML Canucks Clip of the Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgwXLDSfo9Y

CDCGML Commissioner/Winnipeg Jets <---Click For Roster!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Support Canuck Place Childrens Hospice - http://www.canuckplace.org/

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#230 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

SIGNING: The Ottawa Senators have re-signed F Marty Reasoner to a 3 year, $3.45 million contract ($1.15 million per).

#231 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

CDCGML Canucks Clip of the Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgwXLDSfo9Y

I was at that game.

About 6 rows behind Boucher.
Posted Image

#232 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 15,523 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

I was at that game.

About 6 rows behind Boucher.

Nice. Last few games I went to didn't go well, I'm leery about going now lol

This is what hockey should be. A lot of chances, a lot of hitting, no cheap shots, no chirping after whistles."

#233 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:10 PM

Nice. Last few games I went to didn't go well, I'm leery about going now lol

I was 1-1-0 this season.

W- Philadelphia

L- Montreal

I am planning on heading to Florida for the Canucks road trip this season, so hopefully it'll be 2-0 for that trip.

EDIT: oh... look at that, a minus for my post.

Edited by Squeak, 11 July 2011 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

#234 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,485 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:36 PM

This is a general warning, I don't know which side is starting this little brouhaha but no more invading threads with any other intention then positively contributing to the game. I'm not picking sides, but it seems like the majority of the negative posts are occurring in here, which is why this post is in here.

Thanks, if there is any issues that you have beef with, PM me and we will try and figure it out.
Posted Image

#235 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:37 PM

This is a general warning, I don't know which side is starting this little brouhaha but no more invading threads with any other intention then positively contributing to the game. I'm not picking sides, but it seems like the majority of the negative posts are occurring in here, which is why this post is in here.

Thanks, if there is any issues that you have beef with, PM me and we will try and figure it out.

I think it is only fair that the warning is given in that thread as well.

EDIT: I mean c'mon I got another minus for making this comment.... and so did Ace of Spades.

( which has been cleared but my point stands)

Edited by Squeak, 11 July 2011 - 09:40 PM.

Posted Image

#236 Ace of Spades

Ace of Spades

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

More than fair.

Posted Image

#237 b3.

b3.

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,485 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

They all are aware of that post, trust me and the possible consequences.
Posted Image

#238 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,144 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Alright.

Edited by Squeak, 11 July 2011 - 09:42 PM.

Posted Image

#239 canuck2xtreme

canuck2xtreme

Canucks All-Star

• 15,523 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:42 PM

If only I could + this post.

Greatly appreciate it b3. We'd just like to continue our game in peace.

#240 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,261 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

SIGNING: The Ottawa Senators have re-signed D Matt Gilroy to a 2 year, $2.5 million contract ($1.25 million per).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.