The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#CodyHodgsonControversies

Guest Dasein

Why does everyone want to trade Hodgson he is only 20 years old and he's had many injuries which have slowed his progress down. Hodgson is now on the upswing and doesn't have any injuries right now and if he doesn't get anymore injuries he could be a real asset to this team in few years.

I get that we are deep down the middle and Hodgson doesn't fit in anywhere right now. Well right now he doesn't have to play in the NHL lets let him develop into a better player down in the AHL. Why do we have to rush him up to NHL.

No offense to Manny and hope he makes a full recovery and can play for us for the rest of his contract. But he's already had a couple of surgeries on his eye this summer. So maybe if Malhotra can't make it back now we have Hodgson. If Malhotra can play fr us for the rest of his contract, let Cody develop into a great player down in the AHL for the next two years. We are in no rush we are not fighting for a playoff spot. We have the time for COdy to develop down in the AHL. When Malhotra or Lepierre get hurt or when their contracts come to an end we can slot Hodgson into lineup to replace them.

So thats why I don't see why there is such high demand to trade Cody Hodgson on CDC right now. I don't get what everyone is thinking, he's going to be a great player down the road and I personally don't want to get rid of a player like Cody Hodgson.

Why does everyone want to trade Hodgson he is only 20 years old and he's had many injuries which have slowed his progress down. Hodgson is now on the upswing and doesn't have any injuries right now and if he doesn't get anymore injuries he could be a real asset to this team in few years.

I get that we are deep down the middle and Hodgson doesn't fit in anywhere right now. Well right now he doesn't have to play in the NHL lets let him develop into a better player down in the AHL. Why do we have to rush him up to NHL.

No offense to Manny and hope he makes a full recovery and can play for us for the rest of his contract. But he's already had a couple of surgeries on his eye this summer. So maybe if Malhotra can't make it back now we have Hodgson. If Malhotra can play fr us for the rest of his contract, let Cody develop into a great player down in the AHL for the next two years. We are in no rush we are not fighting for a playoff spot. We have the time for COdy to develop down in the AHL. When Malhotra or Lepierre get hurt or when their contracts come to an end we can slot Hodgson into lineup to replace them.

So thats why I don't see why there is such high demand to trade Cody Hodgson on CDC right now. I don't get what everyone is thinking, he's going to be a great player down the road and I personally don't want to get rid of a player like Cody Hodgson.

I don't think there is a lot of "demand". People see the fact that he's an asset who to this point at least, hasn't lived up to expectations. They also note that he's a center on a team with a lot of depth at the position and wonder if perhaps he might bring in a trade a piece that the club is lacking in.

That being said, I would be more inclined to be patient with Coho. Injuries and the aforementioned depth on the Canucks have limited his opportunities to show what he can really do.

The Top 15 "Versteeg Facts":

* Some say his breakfast cereal contains only pucks and milk and that his parents conceived him in the back of a Zamboni. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say he uses his skates to shave and that his heart beats to the same rhythm as the intro to "Hot For Teacher." All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that he's landed the starring role in a major motion picture adaptation of Webster's Dictionary and that he keeps an actual piece of the iceberg that sank the titanic in his freezer at home. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that in his hometown of Lethbridge, families don't put stars on top of their Christmas trees, they put VERSTEEGS, and that every Candy Cane the world over was once straight but curved itself in the image of his stick. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say he unwinds with a fine brandy and a rousing game of pinochle, and that he believes screaming "SHOOT!" should get you kicked out of the stadium. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that he was born with a birthmark shaped like the Hart Trophy below his right armpit and that his sweat smells like Play-Doh. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that all bagels used to be bialys until VERSTEEG used them as targets for shooting practice and that he has ordered to the death every person ever to utter the phrase "I'm gellin." All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that opposing goalies cross themselves three times at the mere mention of his name, and that the sound of his slapshot doesn't create an echo. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that Q's mustache is made up of hair from VERSTEEG's first haircut and that chicken thinks everything tastes like VERSTEEG. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that once VERSTEEG pops he can stop, he knows where the beef is, you spell relief V-E-R-S-T-E-E-G, he can believe he ate the whole thing, you're in good hands with VERSTEEG and that maybe he's born with it, maybe it's VERSTEEG. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that yellow snow becomes white in his presence and that the city of Boston no longer documents its years as A.D., but as A.V. after his departure. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that VERSTEEG once saved an entire colony of leopard seals by humming the theme to MASH and that his blood is actually being studied as an alternative fuel source. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that if you hold VERSTEEG up to your ear you hear the sound of the goal horn and that if you slow the sound down it says "He's called VERSTEEG." All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that he recently proved that it does not, in fact, take two to make a thing go right and that he single-handedly hit a two-handed backhand, single-fisted two beers and doubled down with one card. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say he can defrost a frozen turkey in seconds by stickhandling it and that he defeated the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War with a grueling game of Duck-Duck-Goose. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

Honorable Mention:

-VERSTEEG can name that tune in NO notes.

-VERSTEEG can believe its not butter.

-VERSTEEG runs Windows Vista on an Etch-a-sketch.

-VERSTEEG once won a game of Connect 4 in three moves.

-VERSTEEG never got "called up" to play in the NHL, he called up the NHL and the league jumped at the chance to play hockey with him.

Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/sarah-spain/2010/01/versteeeg-facts.html#ixzz1S7LLOxtX

oh wrong thread.... ;)

Archived