The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#CodyHodgsonControversies

Guest Dasein

Why do you say he is a controversial player?

I see a young guy eager to get in there and do everything the coaching staff asks of him. He has had injuries and worked super hard to get back. He deserves a chance to develop his game whether that is in the AHL or the NHL.

I don't see any reason to question his character or his commitment.

Not getting your prospects to play at a star level before they're expensive is the key to failure.

We need to get Hodgson there if we want to succeed.

People pretend that we can get a huge star player by trading and/or Schneider and/or Raymond. Nope.

Problem 1: Huge star players take up huge cap space.

Problem 2: Even if we allotted cap space and reduced our depth, we still have to consider that Hodgson's value right now is pretty darn low. So who are we really getting for him? We tend to overestimate the return in this scenario. Homer factor.

Again, we need to turn Hodgson into a star. If the rest of the core is intact and healthy, then adding a star player on an ELC is the key to success.

Guest Dasein

Ugh. Mods please lock/join this thread with the existing "Why Trade Hodgson" Thread.

There's always that attention whore who thinks his opinion matters too much to be in the middle of a 5 page thread and starts his own thread.

Guest gumballthechewy

Attention all planets of the Solar Federation!

Cody Hodgson has assumed control!

Cody Hodgson never, ever, EVER!!! Looks both ways before crossing the road.

Cody Hodgson kicked my dog and she gave birth to Cody Dogson's.

Archived