danny sedin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

<br />Think this is posted in the 150,000 other Hodgson threads.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

really theres that many how long did it take for you to count them all?

#332 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Wow, a Cody Hodgson thread! Haven't seen this before!

Edited by LordofBrussels, 14 July 2011 - 05:46 PM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#333 danny sedin

danny sedin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

<br />CDC'ers that are thinking are not calling for or participating in the thought process of trading Cody.<br /><br />No market for him as he is  and rather underdeveloped at this stage.<br /><br />What is the point?<br />

<br /><br /><br

ya i should've pointed out that there are so many idiots on CDC because you are right poeple on CDC who think don't want to trade him

#334 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:51 PM

<br /><br /><br

ya i should've pointed out that there are so many idiots on CDC because you are right poeple on CDC who think don't want to trade him

This is why we need to all stop wasting our time discussing useless topics. Just lock and delete, please. This isn't the case of a topic here or there - but en masse, every day, every week.

#335 breakka

breakka

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

search is your friend. opening new thread for no reason is not. that is all.

#336 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

Whadda guy

But really Don Cherry mispronounces TOO many Canucks names, especially those TWO players

:P relax. Just playing with ya.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#337 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

last time we traded a prospect that wasnt given a chance he went on to score 34 goals with the Islanders. Before that we traded a prospect in the 80's to the Boston Bruins and he went on to be a Hall of Famer.

#338 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

coho talk belongs in this thread: http://forum.canucks...ncontroversies/

:emot-parrot:

Edited by Argon, 14 July 2011 - 06:17 PM.

Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#339 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

The Top 15 "Versteeg Facts":

* Some say his breakfast cereal contains only pucks and milk and that his parents conceived him in the back of a Zamboni. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say he uses his skates to shave and that his heart beats to the same rhythm as the intro to "Hot For Teacher." All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that he's landed the starring role in a major motion picture adaptation of Webster's Dictionary and that he keeps an actual piece of the iceberg that sank the titanic in his freezer at home. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that in his hometown of Lethbridge, families don't put stars on top of their Christmas trees, they put VERSTEEGS, and that every Candy Cane the world over was once straight but curved itself in the image of his stick. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say he unwinds with a fine brandy and a rousing game of pinochle, and that he believes screaming "SHOOT!" should get you kicked out of the stadium. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that he was born with a birthmark shaped like the Hart Trophy below his right armpit and that his sweat smells like Play-Doh. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that all bagels used to be bialys until VERSTEEG used them as targets for shooting practice and that he has ordered to the death every person ever to utter the phrase "I'm gellin." All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that opposing goalies cross themselves three times at the mere mention of his name, and that the sound of his slapshot doesn't create an echo. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that Q's mustache is made up of hair from VERSTEEG's first haircut and that chicken thinks everything tastes like VERSTEEG. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that once VERSTEEG pops he can stop, he knows where the beef is, you spell relief V-E-R-S-T-E-E-G, he can believe he ate the whole thing, you're in good hands with VERSTEEG and that maybe he's born with it, maybe it's VERSTEEG. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that yellow snow becomes white in his presence and that the city of Boston no longer documents its years as A.D., but as A.V. after his departure. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that VERSTEEG once saved an entire colony of leopard seals by humming the theme to MASH and that his blood is actually being studied as an alternative fuel source. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that if you hold VERSTEEG up to your ear you hear the sound of the goal horn and that if you slow the sound down it says "He's called VERSTEEG." All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say that he recently proved that it does not, in fact, take two to make a thing go right and that he single-handedly hit a two-handed backhand, single-fisted two beers and doubled down with one card. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

* Some say he can defrost a frozen turkey in seconds by stickhandling it and that he defeated the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War with a grueling game of Duck-Duck-Goose. All we know is...he's called VERSTEEG.

Honorable Mention:
-VERSTEEG can name that tune in NO notes.
-VERSTEEG can believe its not butter.
-VERSTEEG runs Windows Vista on an Etch-a-sketch.
-VERSTEEG once won a game of Connect 4 in three moves.
-VERSTEEG never got "called up" to play in the NHL, he called up the NHL and the league jumped at the chance to play hockey with him.
Read more: http://www.chicagono...l#ixzz1S7LLOxtX

oh wrong thread.... ;)

Kris Versteeg checks under his bed, and in his closet every night to see if the Boogeyman Cody Hodgson is there.

#340 ☆➊ R. 'Superman' Kesler ➐☆

☆➊ R. 'Superman' Kesler ➐☆

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Why does everyone want to trade Hodgson he is only 20 years old and he's had many injuries which have slowed his progress down. Hodgson is now on the upswing and doesn't have any injuries right now and if he doesn't get anymore injuries he could be a real asset to this team in few years.

I get that we are deep down the middle and Hodgson doesn't fit in anywhere right now. Well right now he doesn't have to play in the NHL lets let him develop into a better player down in the AHL. Why do we have to rush him up to NHL.

No offense to Manny and hope he makes a full recovery and can play for us for the rest of his contract. But he's already had a couple of surgeries on his eye this summer. So maybe if Malhotra can't make it back now we have Hodgson. If Malhotra can play fr us for the rest of his contract, let Cody develop into a great player down in the AHL for the next two years. We are in no rush we are not fighting for a playoff spot. We have the time for COdy to develop down in the AHL. When Malhotra or Lepierre get hurt or when their contracts come to an end we can slot Hodgson into lineup to replace them.

So thats why I don't see why there is such high demand to trade Cody Hodgson on CDC right now. I don't get what everyone is thinking, he's going to be a great player down the road and I personally don't want to get rid of a player like Cody Hodgson.

Agree totally! I was one of the ones who said give him away, but people like you enlightened me......he's amazingly talented, very young at only 20, and has tons of potential.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Quebec Nordiques

#341 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 69,169 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Is he the next Claude Giroux or Jordan Staal?

307mg00.jpg

#342 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

Well, he's a pretty controversial player.

Why do you say he is a controversial player?
I see a young guy eager to get in there and do everything the coaching staff asks of him. He has had injuries and worked super hard to get back. He deserves a chance to develop his game whether that is in the AHL or the NHL.
I don't see any reason to question his character or his commitment.

#343 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:26 PM

mac t will be a good coatch for him in chitown that is if the rumors are true

#344 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

Why do you say he is a controversial player?
I see a young guy eager to get in there and do everything the coaching staff asks of him. He has had injuries and worked super hard to get back. He deserves a chance to develop his game whether that is in the AHL or the NHL.
I don't see any reason to question his character or his commitment.

havent you heard about all the controversies he's caused?
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#345 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,739 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

Not getting your prospects to play at a star level before they're expensive is the key to failure.

We need to get Hodgson there if we want to succeed.

People pretend that we can get a huge star player by trading and/or Schneider and/or Raymond. Nope.

Problem 1: Huge star players take up huge cap space.
Problem 2: Even if we allotted cap space and reduced our depth, we still have to consider that Hodgson's value right now is pretty darn low. So who are we really getting for him? We tend to overestimate the return in this scenario. Homer factor.

Again, we need to turn Hodgson into a star. If the rest of the core is intact and healthy, then adding a star player on an ELC is the key to success.
Posted Image

#346 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,739 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

I like the controversies. Made up ones and real ones.

Perhaps one day he'll be as hated around the league as any other Canuck.
Posted Image

#347 Rypien.It.Up.

Rypien.It.Up.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

last time we traded a prospect that wasnt given a chance he went on to score 34 goals with the Islanders. Before that we traded a prospect in the 80's to the Boston Bruins and he went on to be a Hall of Famer.

Golly.....TWO examples! Grabner scores 34 goals because he's on the Islanders, they don't really care that much about defense and winning.
FOREVER A FAN OF THE RIPPER!

#348 kesler_is_clutch

kesler_is_clutch

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

only way is if we got parise for him and send sum 1 else obviuosly!

#349 By-Tor

By-Tor

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

Cody Hodgson kicks people's dogs and pisses in their cornflakes. That's just who he is.

Cody Hodsgon pisses whiskey.

Posted Image

1% of Vancouver fans make up 99% of Luongo's support.

I am part of the 1%.

#350 canucklesmith

canucklesmith

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

<br />Golly.....<font size="7">TWO </font>examples! Grabner scores 34 goals because he's on the Islanders, they don't really care that much about defense and winning.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Mike Peca too

#351 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Ugh. Mods please lock/join this thread with the existing "Why Trade Hodgson" Thread.

There's always that attention whore who thinks his opinion matters too much to be in the middle of a 5 page thread and starts his own thread.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#352 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:09 PM

Cody Hodgson is Iron Man.
Posted Image

#353 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Attention all planets of the Solar Federation!
Cody Hodgson has assumed control!

Cody Hodgson never, ever, EVER!!! Looks both ways before crossing the road.

Cody Hodgson kicked my dog and she gave birth to Cody Dogson's.

Edited by gumballthechewy, 14 July 2011 - 07:32 PM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#354 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,020 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Kris Versteeg pisses himself in fright whenever the stares into the face of Cody Hodgson.

#355 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Dude, I want to keep the guy and was actually hoping MG would trade forwards to make room for him on the second line. A Kesler-Hodgson-Schroeder combo, that could eventually give us a powerful second line.

#356 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:40 PM

Cody Hodgson is the father!
Posted Image

#357 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

Cody Hodgson beat Glass at Scrabble... using only consonants.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#358 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

havent you heard about all the controversies he's caused?

Really. I mean he's the cause of this one for crying out loud. Can't people see it? He's not even here and there's controversy.

#359 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:27 PM

Wow...Didn't expect THIS thread to be merged under mine...

I thought there was already a "Why would you trade Coho" thread that this could easily have been merged with instead...

http://forum.canucks...you-trade-coho/

Merging Controversy much? Wonder if this one's gonna get merged here too...

Edited by Dasein, 14 July 2011 - 08:27 PM.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#360 touchable

touchable

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

Cody Hodgson enjoys merging CDC threads about him in the evenings. #CodyHodgsonControversies
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.