Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
196 replies to this topic

#1 ExtremeCanuck93

ExtremeCanuck93

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:43 AM

Posted Image

Cast

Christian Bale.............................................. Batman/Bruce Wayne
Anne Hathaway............................................Selina Kyle/ Catwoman
Tom Hardy...................................................Bane
Liam Neeson............................................... Ra's Al Ghul
Gary Oldman............................................... Jim Gordon
Michael Caine.............................................. Alfred Pennyworth
Morgan Freeman......................................... Lucius Fox
Joseph Gordon-Levitt.................................. John Blake
Marion Cotillard.......................................... Miranda Tate
Josh Pence...................................................Young Ra's Al Ghul
Juno Temple............................................... Holly Robinson
Matthew Modine......................................... Nixon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGbLzFs9So
Posted Image
Posted Image

Some say this is the most highly anticipated film of the decade.

-Will it top The Dark Knight?
-Will we see an end to Batman?
-Is Anne Hathaway a good choice for Catwoman?
-Would you used different villains?

Keep in mind Christopher Nolan is no fool. With the likes of his previous two bat flicks, Memento, The Prestige, Inception and more, he has proven year after year to make every cent count at the Cinemas. As a film maker of my own, Nolans inspiring films make today a different type of thinking involved when it comes to the art of cinematography.

I will update soon when the trailer is released.

Edited by ExtremeCanuck93, 06 August 2011 - 11:55 AM.

Thanks Canuckfever_2009 for a great sig!!!

#2 ExtremeCanuck93

ExtremeCanuck93

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

Also, to be honest, I went to see Harry Potter just to see the teaser trailer. I was ready to go after that but instead I just sat there and killed more time with some dinner :D

#3 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Can't they just get Michelle Pfeiffer to do Catwoman?

Posted Image

#4 Guest_Voucer_*

Guest_Voucer_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:50 AM

Synopsis: "Batman is once again helped out by his sidekicks, Oldman and Freeman."

#5 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:51 AM

I'm just glad I'll see Morgan Freeman in the movie. :D

Posted Image

#6 ExtremeCanuck93

ExtremeCanuck93

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

I would agree, although I'd like to see what Nolan finds her interesting

I'm just glad I'll see Morgan Freeman in the movie. :D

Yeah same, I thought that was the end of him in TDK. I wonder why he's back though...

#7 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:54 AM

And Adam West to play Batman.

#8 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,232 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:56 AM

"Most anticipated film of the decade" ??

No.

naslundsig5.gif14326903821.giftowel.gif
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#9 The Wizard of AZ

The Wizard of AZ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

Frank Gorshin is the GOAT Riddler

Posted Image

#10 Guest_Voucer_*

Guest_Voucer_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:40 AM

"Most anticipated film of the decade" ??

No.

That distinction already goes to The Hobbit: Part 1 and 2.

Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia....%282012_film%29

The Hobbit is an upcoming two-part epic fantasy film directed by Peter Jackson. It is a film adaptation of the 1937 novel of the same name by J. R. R. Tolkien and prequel to The Lord of the Rings film trilogy. Jackson, director of The Lord of the Rings, returns as director of the film and also serves as producer and co-writer.[2]

The film will star Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins[3] and Richard Armitage as Thorin Oakenshield. Several actors from Jackson's The Lord of the Rings film trilogy will reprise their roles, including Ian McKellen, Andy Serkis, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee, Ian Holm, Elijah Wood, and Orlando Bloom. Additionally, composer Howard Shore, who wrote the score for The Lord of the Rings film trilogy, has confirmed his role in both parts of the film project.[4]

The two parts, entitled The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again,[5] are being filmed back to back and are currently in production in New Zealand; principal photography began on March 21, 2011.[6] They are scheduled to be released on December 14, 2012 and December 13, 2013, respectively.[5]

Premise:

The Hobbit follows the journey of Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was conquered by the dragon Smaug. Unexpectedly approached by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of 13 dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the wild; through treacherous lands swarming with goblins and orcs, deadly wargs and giant spiders, shapeshifters and sorcerers and ultimately Baggins's meeting with Gollum, where he finds a magical gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth.[6]

Almost everybody involved in The Lord of the Rings ten years ago is back. It's going to be epic (and I'm not afraid to use that word here).

Edited by Vuzor, 18 July 2011 - 03:41 AM.

#11 Offensive Threat

Offensive Threat

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:52 AM

Well we know this is the final part of Nolans trilogy of Batman movies. Batman may die at the end. Nolan loves a downer ending.

Nolan is already listed as the producer of the yet unnamed reboot of the Batman franchise slated for a summer 2015 (aprox) release.

Posted Image

#12 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,565 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

I have zero faith in this movies ability to deliver based on how good the dark night was.

Quite honestly the first one was a cool origin story but Begins fell short for me. Dark knight was good but the only thing that put it over the top was Ledger.

If rises has that one thing to put it over the top that'll be great but otherwise I'm setting my expectations low and training myself to be able to understand wtf Christian Bale is saying when he's dressed like batman.

Nolan is great though. He's made the second best Batman movie to date.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 sedated

sedated

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,728 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

Ledger was awesome as the Joker, but people seem to forget that the Joker has always been an AWESOME character. In games, comics, movies, he's always a cool bad guy. He could of been just as awesome in a different way with a different person, but Ledger played it great.

I wish the Joker could come back in the next movie, any bad guy is going to seem pretty lame in comparison. Especially Bane.

And anyone familiar with the batman comic, knows how this will go. It'll either have an ending with him training, or a 'bad' ending. I really didn't like the first one, but the Dark Knight was pretty solid. Just not sure how they can improve, or even match it with a different cast. Everything would have to click again.

#14 canucksfan793

canucksfan793

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:33 AM

I am very excited to see it! Normally I would think another sequel would be bad news, but Christopher Nolan really doesn't do bad movies. Will it top the dark knight? Well we'll see. About Anne Hathaway, I'm not sure, but as I recall people said that Heath Ledger was a very poor choice to play the joker and we know what happened there. I think this set of villains will be ok, I don't see how you could have done something like the riddler or the penguin.

#15 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,565 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

I am very excited to see it! Normally I would think another sequel would be bad news, but Christopher Nolan really doesn't do bad movies. Will it top the dark knight? Well we'll see. About Anne Hathaway, I'm not sure, but as I recall people said that Heath Ledger was a very poor choice to play the joker and we know what happened there. I think this set of villains will be ok, I don't see how you could have done something like the riddler or the penguin.

To be fair insomnia was a steaming pile of %$^&. However when he is the writer as well generally they come out good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,840 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

Anne Hathaway will be a great catwoman:
Posted Image

#17 AfterMath35

AfterMath35

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

HD version of the teaser

Posted Image

#18 EvoLu7ioN

EvoLu7ioN

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

A few thoughts on "The Dark Knight Rises".

- Nolan keeps evolving and improving with each film and will undoubtedly find a way to make this film a candidate for a few Oscars.
- Anne Hathaway seems like a GREAT fit to play Cat Woman.
- OP has Liam Neeson listed to play "Ra's Al Ghul" in the cast. I thought he died in Batman begins?
- Amazing cast with a lot of chemistry between them. The beauty of Nolan is that he always seems to find a way to produce breakthrough performances from even the depth members of casts.
- Nolan has stated he hates 3D technology so it's safe to assume this film will be in 2D. IMO this is a bit of a shame because Transformers has proven that when movies are filmed in 3D instead of just conversion the result can be extraordinary. When I saw the part of the teaser trailer with the city collapsing I thought to myself, imagine if that was filmed / produced in true 3D.

Edited by EvoLu7ioN, 18 July 2011 - 10:15 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

In that case Catwoman would be one of:

Julie Newmar:
Posted Image

Eartha Kitt (the first black actress to play the role decades before Halle Berry)
Posted Image

Or Lee Meriweather:
Posted Image
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#20 canucksfan793

canucksfan793

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:52 AM

OP has Liam Neeson listed to play "Ra's Al Ghul" in the cast. I thought he died in Batman begins?

I just read an article about that, it sounds like he is in the movie as a flashback.

#21 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Ledger was awesome as the Joker, but people seem to forget that the Joker has always been an AWESOME character. In games, comics, movies, he's always a cool bad guy. He could of been just as awesome in a different way with a different person, but Ledger played it great.

I wish the Joker could come back in the next movie, any bad guy is going to seem pretty lame in comparison. Especially Bane.

And anyone familiar with the batman comic, knows how this will go. It'll either have an ending with him training, or a 'bad' ending. I really didn't like the first one, but the Dark Knight was pretty solid. Just not sure how they can improve, or even match it with a different cast. Everything would have to click again.

One of the best Jokers was from Patient J - played by Paul Molnar in an independent film by Bat in the Sun Productions. Also follow up - City of Scars.

Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yGZoJdBb7Q

There are series of short Batman films from Bat in the Sun Productions - here are number of villain parts from Batman Legends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq5RHUO6yLg

City of Scars trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRsJX3Ayo3I

Other clips and full movies:
http://www.youtube.c...=bat in the sun
http://www.dailymoti...r/Batinthesun/1
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#22 Guest_Voucer_*

Guest_Voucer_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

I just read an article about that, it sounds like he is in the movie as a flashback.

Oh my god, Uncle Ben! You don't have to reappear in every movie just to say your famous quote.

Posted Image

#23 ExtremeCanuck93

ExtremeCanuck93

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:47 PM

Well we know this is the final part of Nolans trilogy of Batman movies. Batman may die at the end. Nolan loves a downer ending.

Nolan is already listed as the producer of the yet unnamed reboot of the Batman franchise slated for a summer 2015 (aprox) release.

Yeah I saw this too. I wonder whats happening here. Unless its Justice League, but thats for 2013...

#24 ExtremeCanuck93

ExtremeCanuck93

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:40 AM

just noticed, after seeing the trailer with that scene with batman and bane, theres a man standing on the right. He doesnt seem to be moving, however it seems like hes getting choked, using that "universal sign of choking" (your hands over your throat), and he's wearing an unusual outfit.

Could that be Robin by any chance?

Edited by ExtremeCanuck93, 19 July 2011 - 01:40 AM.

#25 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,840 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:59 AM

I'm pretty sure they said no robin in this version of batman.

#26 7thMan

7thMan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

Also, to be honest, I went to see Harry Potter just to see the teaser trailer. I was ready to go after that but instead I just sat there and killed more time with some dinner :D

I went to go see the Dark Knight Rises teaser on opening day in the AVX theatre and they didn't even show it. Posted Image

Edited by 7thMan, 19 July 2011 - 01:42 PM.

#27 ExtremeCanuck93

ExtremeCanuck93

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

I'm pretty sure they said no robin in this version of batman.

Yeah exactly. But that clip that person looks green?

I went to go see the Dark Knight Rises teaser on opening day in the AVX theatre and they didn't even show it. Posted Image

Wow unlucky! Whats AVX anyways? Better sound?

#28 Jin Kazama

Jin Kazama

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

just noticed, after seeing the trailer with that scene with batman and bane, theres a man standing on the right. He doesnt seem to be moving, however it seems like hes getting choked, using that "universal sign of choking" (your hands over your throat), and he's wearing an unusual outfit.

Could that be Robin by any chance?

Could be Commissioner Gordon's son

Posted Image
Made in Germany, and you know the Germans always make good stuff!

(^Made by me)

#29 Guest_Voucer_*

Guest_Voucer_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yeah exactly. But that clip that person looks green?

Wow unlucky! Whats AVX anyways? Better sound?

Much higher video and sound quality. I was fortunate enough to see my first film (X-Men: First Class) in an AVX theater a few weeks ago and it was incredible. The surround sound was loud and crystal clear, and the video was on par with a giant HD television.

Cineplex theaters ask you to select and reserve a seat too when you order your ticket, ensuring there are no lineups. It's a first-come, first-serve process. And for good measure you can lean back and recline your seat slightly. I was surprised when I first sat down.

I ended up having to see Transformers 3 in a regular cinema a couple weeks later (tickets for AVX were sold out) and I was disappointed. There's no comparison.

While the AVX tickets may cost more ($17 per ticket, I believe), if you don't go to the cinema often, it's well worth it.

Edited by Vuzor, 19 July 2011 - 03:51 PM.

#30 kanucks25

kanucks25

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,301 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

Oh please :picard: no Robin... ever... please. -_-

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.