The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

ExtremeCanuck93

I'm a huge Batman "fan boy" and think this trilogy was top 5 in movie history. THANK YOU NOLAN!!

And while I agree with the many plot holes and noticed them myself, I really think it's nit-picking. You don't have the luxury during a 2-3 hour movie to explain and cover everything. Much has to be left to the imagination.

And I don't know why some people hate Batmans voice. I think it's badass, it suits the Dark Knight very well and is realisticly necessary to hide his true identity.

The only time I ever question the use of his voice is when he (as Batman) is talking to somebody who already knows his identity. Off hand I don't recall how many (if ever) times it happened in the first 2 films, but in this movie at the final Bane fight he was STILL USING THE VOICE! Which is a bit ridiculous, because Bane already knew who he was. But whatever, that's BATMANNN

I loved the subtle Robin tie-in in this movie, I thought it was done brilliantly.

I'm a huge Batman "fan boy" and think this trilogy was top 5 in movie history. THANK YOU NOLAN!!

And while I agree with the many plot holes and noticed them myself, I really think it's nit-picking. You don't have the luxury during a 2-3 hour movie to explain and cover everything. Much has to be left to the imagination.

And I don't know why some people hate Batmans voice. I think it's badass, it suits the Dark Knight very well and is realisticly necessary to hide his true identity.

The only time I ever question the use of his voice is when he (as Batman) is talking to somebody who already knows his identity. Off hand I don't recall how many (if ever) times it happened in the first 2 films, but in this movie at the final Bane fight he was STILL USING THE VOICE! Which is a bit ridiculous, because Bane already knew who he was. But whatever, that's BATMANNN

I loved the subtle Robin tie-in in this movie, I thought it was done brilliantly.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. A few minor qualms and curiosities, but nothing major. TDK remains my personal favourite, but TDKR isn't that far behind.

I do wonder about a few things though.

***SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!***

***SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!***

1) Bruce Wayne knows that his fingerprints were stolen quite early on, but no one around him, including himself, thought to suspend all operations that his fingerprints might be used for? I mean, there can't be that many things that needs his fingerprints to work, right? On the top of my head, stock exchange & 4 megaton neutron bomb sound important enough to think of.

2) The reasoning given for how Blake figured out Batman's secret identity is a bit weak, but I'm more confused by how Bruce Wayne just accepts it and even deems Blake worthy of inheriting the mantle. More explanation or scenes to reinforce Blake's worthiness might have been appreciated. I realize that that would have meant a longer movie though...

3) Bane's motivation behind torturing Gotham is a bit weak until you find out about Miranda Tate's true identity. Up until that point though, I felt like I was left hanging...the suspension of disbelief felt a little hard

4) Bruce's second rebuilding in the prison went by a little too quick for me. Especially the mentality change that allowed him to escape and to beat Bane felt fleeting and obscured by everything else.

Again, I loved the movie, but these little things did take away from the experience a bit. If Nolan ever releases a Director's Cut...wow...

Just watched it, pretty damn awesome. Better then the Avengers in my opinion.

If someone can clear something up for me...

Did Bane originally announce at the football game that the bomb would detonate in 5 months regardless of whether it was triggered or not? Because in that cause, I don't really see the point in having the plot line about telling the crowd that one person in Gotham had the trigger with them. I know it ties in to the "to give a person hope cause them more despair when their idea doesn't come to fruition," but still seems like a weird idea to give to the crowd if he also announces the city is going to blow up in 5 months anyways...

Did Bane originally announce at the football game that the bomb would detonate in 5 months regardless of whether it was triggered or not? Because in that cause, I don't really see the point in having the plot line about telling the crowd that one person in Gotham had the trigger with them. I know it ties in to the "to give a person hope cause them more despair when their idea doesn't come to fruition," but still seems like a weird idea to give to the crowd if he also announces the city is going to blow up in 5 months anyways...

Decent movie, certainly not a movie I'm going to remember/care about in 2 weeks though. A far cry from The Dark Knight and way too dragged out. There were about 4 people sleeping in front of me and I was contemplating it at times.

Near-perfect ending to the series, although I wish they had made the resolution of Bruce Wayne's story a little less explicit. I doubt that most of the audience knew what was going on until the very end, so I see the need for clarity.

As for the new villain, Bane is equal in my mind to the Joker; while the Joker had unpredictability and whimsy to his actions, Bane was very imposing and just radiated evil.

Highly impressed.

Archived