The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

ExtremeCanuck93

• 6 months later...

Gotham instead of Hong Kong?

"Hong Kong needs it's true hero, and i let that murdering psychopath, blow him half to hell."

Doesn't sound right at all.. Obviously that line would never be said, but you get the idea.

Early reviews indicate that the film is a tier below The Dark Knight, which is unfortunate. The film apparently sends mixed messages and has no coherent theme. As somebody who has not yet watched the film, I can't judge for certain, but I have a feeling this film suffers from the "third film curse."

I would suggest not approaching this film with the expectation that it will be greater than its predecessor. If it is, that is terrific. Reviews have indicated thus far that this is not the case, however. Perhaps it will be wedged between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in terms of quality. Enjoy the film!

It's got 89% on RT now, which is good, but a lot of the positive reviews are quite hesitant. Apparently it's a lot more action-y than the previous? Maybe not.

I sure hope not, as The Dark Knight's last 30-40 minutes of "action" was absolutely dreadful, and was the big, nasty black eye on the otherwise great movie, imo.

I've always thought Batman Begins was the better of the pair and hope the third goes back to what made the first good.

Protip: It wasn't the Michael Bay explosion maniafest

It's got 89% on RT now, which is good, but a lot of the positive reviews are quite hesitant. Apparently it's a lot more action-y than the previous? Maybe not.

I sure hope not, as The Dark Knight's last 30-40 minutes of "action" was absolutely dreadful, and was the big, nasty black eye on the otherwise great movie, imo.

Archived