The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

ExtremeCanuck93

No one on here is a critic, so everyone just needs to relax with all these in depth reviews.

Just enjoy the movie, movies are made for entertainment. Movies were not originally about sending a message for people to understand, but they are made for you to immerse yourself into a fantasy world of sorts. People expect way to much out of movies now a days, they are made to take you to another world and to show you things you may not see in reality.

Just enjoy movies for what they are and not what they aren't. If it entertained you and took you away from reality, then to me it is a good movie and that is what all three of these Batman movies did.

No one on here is a critic, so everyone just needs to relax with all these in depth reviews.

Just enjoy the movie, movies are made for entertainment. Movies were not originally about sending a message for people to understand, but they are made for you to immerse yourself into a fantasy world of sorts. People expect way to much out of movies now a days, they are made to take you to another world and to show you things you may not see in reality.

Just enjoy movies for what they are and not what they aren't. If it entertained you and took you away from reality, then to me it is a good movie and that is what all three of these Batman movies did.

So what you're saying is, "Don't think about things, just take things at face value."I'm sorry, but in general, this is a bullocks way to stroll through life. Some people have standards and don't put a film like The Seven Samurai on the same level as White Chicks.

For quite a few people, myself included, half the fun of watching a film is thinking about it and disecting it after. Sometimes this reveals a lot more to a film than what was actually going on (ie: Starship Troopers: The humans were actually the villains in the film, and Verhoeven's vision that this is what the world would look like had the germans won WWII).

If people, like yourself, are completely happy not disecting films, that's fine. But to those of us who enjoy doing this to either find more depth to the film OR to point out plotholes, don't rag on us for it.

I had originally given the film a 7.5/10, but have since lowered it to a 7/10. I thought it was enjoyable enough, but far less polished script wise than the previous two. Here are my major, major issues with the film. They can be seen as knitpicking, except for the fact that Nolan does his best to ensure that he makes as few mistakes as possible. There were too many in TDKR for me to give it a higher score.

1. How exactly did Bane find out about Wayne Enterprises Applied Sciences? My understanding was that this was written off the books. It is true that Miranda Tate knew who Bruce Wayne was, and therefore Bane knew who Bruce Wayne truly was. However, no villain truly knew where Applied Sciences was.

2. Blake knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman simply by the look on his face. Sad, sad explanation.

3. Bane just went to the stock exchange to take hostages and do nothing else? Oh wait, pretty interesting that the day that happened, the only person to lose everything and anything was Bruce Wayne. Certainly those obviously fraudulant trades would be overturned.

4. Does Bruce Wayne/Alfred Pennyworth not do extensive background checks to those that they hire at Wayne Manor? Selina Kyle just walks in with no issues? But I thought she wanted her records taken care of. With all the technology that the rich have available, somebody with Selina Kyle's past certainly wouldn't slip through the cracks.

5. With seemingly no money or mode of transportation, how exactly does Bruce Wayne make it back to Gotham City after being imprisoned in India?

6. Gotham City sent ALL the police underground to catch a small group of terrorists? I think not.

7. My main issue is that Miranda Tate was not utilized more, seeing as though this film was bringing the League of Shadows full circle.

I had originally given the film a 7.5/10, but have since lowered it to a 7/10. I thought it was enjoyable enough, but far less polished script wise than the previous two. Here are my major, major issues with the film. They can be seen as knitpicking, except for the fact that Nolan does his best to ensure that he makes as few mistakes as possible. There were too many in TDKR for me to give it a higher score.

1. How exactly did Bane find out about Wayne Enterprises Applied Sciences? My understanding was that this was written off the books. It is true that Miranda Tate knew who Bruce Wayne was, and therefore Bane knew who Bruce Wayne truly was. However, no villain truly knew where Applied Sciences was.

2. Blake knew that Bruce Wayne was Batman simply by the look on his face. Sad, sad explanation.

3. Bane just went to the stock exchange to take hostages and do nothing else? Oh wait, pretty interesting that the day that happened, the only person to lose everything and anything was Bruce Wayne. Certainly those obviously fraudulant trades would be overturned.

4. Does Bruce Wayne/Alfred Pennyworth not do extensive background checks to those that they hire at Wayne Manor? Selina Kyle just walks in with no issues? But I thought she wanted her records taken care of. With all the technology that the rich have available, somebody with Selina Kyle's past certainly wouldn't slip through the cracks.

5. With seemingly no money or mode of transportation, how exactly does Bruce Wayne make it back to Gotham City after being imprisoned in India?

6. Gotham City sent ALL the police underground to catch a small group of terrorists? I think not.

7. My main issue is that Miranda Tate was not utilized more, seeing as though this film was bringing the League of Shadows full circle.

You can go on the Cineplex website and pick your show time and go to buy tickets. Proceed through everything (don't type in any information, there is no need) and just select the amount of tickets you want and it will show a seating chart.

Heh, re-watching Begins and TDK.. I just realized that Begins usually shows batman purely during the night, when it's usually all black. TDK had batman in the night in most scenes but he started to show himself in the light, like before it gets dark and in the morning. With rises, he shows himself mostly during the day, there were very limited scenes where he's in the shadows of the night..

Well i don't actually remember rises, but im pretty sure every scene of batman after he lost to Bane was during the day

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. A few minor qualms and curiosities, but nothing major. TDK remains my personal favourite, but TDKR isn't that far behind.

I do wonder about a few things though.

***SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!***

***SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!******SPOILER!!!***

1) Bruce Wayne knows that his fingerprints were stolen quite early on, but no one around him, including himself, thought to suspend all operations that his fingerprints might be used for? I mean, there can't be that many things that needs his fingerprints to work, right? On the top of my head, stock exchange & 4 megaton neutron bomb sound important enough to think of.

2) The reasoning given for how Blake figured out Batman's secret identity is a bit weak, but I'm more confused by how Bruce Wayne just accepts it and even deems Blake worthy of inheriting the mantle. More explanation or scenes to reinforce Blake's worthiness might have been appreciated. I realize that that would have meant a longer movie though...

3) Bane's motivation behind torturing Gotham is a bit weak until you find out about Miranda Tate's true identity. Up until that point though, I felt like I was left hanging...the suspension of disbelief felt a little hard

4) Bruce's second rebuilding in the prison went by a little too quick for me. Especially the mentality change that allowed him to escape and to beat Bane felt fleeting and obscured by everything else.

Again, I loved the movie, but these little things did take away from the experience a bit. If Nolan ever releases a Director's Cut...wow...

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. A few minor qualms and curiosities, but nothing major. TDK remains my personal favourite, but TDKR isn't that far behind.

I do wonder about a few things though.

1) Bruce Wayne knows that his fingerprints were stolen quite early on, but no one around him, including himself, thought to suspend all operations that his fingerprints might be used for? I mean, there can't be that many things that needs his fingerprints to work, right? On the top of my head, stock exchange & 4 megaton neutron bomb sound important enough to think of.

2) The reasoning given for how Blake figured out Batman's secret identity is a bit weak, but I'm more confused by how Bruce Wayne just accepts it and even deems Blake worthy of inheriting the mantle. More explanation or scenes to reinforce Blake's worthiness might have been appreciated. I realize that that would have meant a longer movie though...

3) Bane's motivation behind torturing Gotham is a bit weak until you find out about Miranda Tate's true identity. Up until that point though, I felt like I was left hanging...the suspension of disbelief felt a little hard

4) Bruce's second rebuilding in the prison went by a little too quick for me. Especially the mentality change that allowed him to escape and to beat Bane felt fleeting and obscured by everything else.

Again, I loved the movie, but these little things did take away from the experience a bit. If Nolan ever releases a Director's Cut...wow...

There were many plot holes.

Like how did Bruce return to Gotham so quickly from that prison? Wasn't that prison in the middle of nowhere? And how did he manage to sneak back into Gotham.

But overall still a great movie.

Archived