The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Dark Knight Rises Thread

ExtremeCanuck93

I was a little confused with the Bruce and Miranda Tate relationship. Maybe I wasn't listening carefully but it seemed like these two started to care for each other awfully quickly. It was the only thing I didn't like about the movie. The relationship seemed forced, as they were together for possibly two or three scenes before Bruce was in the prison. I didn't like it, but that was the only thing I didn't like. Bane was awesome.

Well there was an 8 year difference, remember? Their relationship probably started off-screen for a handful of years. A great plan by Miranda and an excellent way to honour Ras Ah'l Gul and her dad. I was actually so surprised to find out she was the one who escaped and that Bane was her protector.. I was always thinking "who's that guy protecting her?" the whole time though after we saw the scene where she jumps out of the prison.

Oh, so Miranda and Bruce knew each other from before? I thought that they met for the first time in this movie. That makes so much more sense. At first, I thought the guy protecting her in the prison was Ras Ah'l Gul's henchman so it was a nice little twist when they revealed it was actually Bane.

I was relatively disappointed with this movie. Super dark, like a totally different entity than the previous movie, and it just seemed like they tried to cram too much into one flick. There was only one twist, whereas the previous one was filled with them. I literally almost fell asleep a few times during the first 45 minutes, lots of filler scenes crammed in without enough payoff. A good movie, but nowhere remotely near great. The Robin thing is fascinating I must admit. Bane, and his voice, were excellent as well

Really amazing movie, way better than Batman Begins but not as great as The Dark Knight.

Filled all of my expectations!

Does this mean that they will make series with Robin? My friend kept telling me that was Robin but I didn't believe him, man was I wrong.

Saw it at 6:50 yesterday at Station Square. Theatre not even half full!

The ending was too much like The Avengers (bomb about to detonate so someone supposedly sacrifices themselves in order to save the day). They handled Bane's demise so poorly - seriously, he gets shot by the nifty "Bat-bike"s' gun and then flies into a wall and that's it? I wish they would have had more Michael Caine, especially a scene in between his departure from Wayne Manor and Bruce Wayne's funeral. The love interest between Wayne and Talia was so very faint that it was really only a one-night stand. Anne Hathaway should not have been Catwoman because she is not villainous or sultry enough, although I did enjoy seeing her in the leather outfit.

Saw it at 6:50 yesterday at Station Square. Theatre not even half full!

The ending was too much like The Avengers (bomb about to detonate so someone supposedly sacrifices themselves in order to save the day). They handled Bane's demise so poorly - seriously, he gets shot by the nifty "Bat-bike"s' gun and then flies into a wall and that's it? I wish they would have had more Michael Caine, especially a scene in between his departure from Wayne Manor and Bruce Wayne's funeral. The love interest between Wayne and Talia was so very faint that it was really only a one-night stand. Anne Hathaway should not have been Catwoman because she is not villainous or sultry enough, although I did enjoy seeing her in the leather outfit.

Bellick! Awwww yeah!

I must say, I disagree with pretty much all of your post. Anne Hathaway was amazing, she really brought that classic vulnerability to Selina Kyle that just makes your heart go out for her. And maybe you didn't see the way she swung her hips when she walked, but I sure did.

As for Bane's death, it's actually quite fitting when you think about it. Bane is pure power. He's not the brains behind this operation, they make that clear. He's brute force. And what kills him in the end? Brute force. It's poetic justice.

Hathaway has too much of a reputation, based upon her previous movies, to be taken seriously as Catwoman. I think of her as being very good. That is the persona that she conveys in real life. She seems too nice. I think that an actress like Christina Hendricks, who has played a criminal (Firefly) and a character with sass (Joan Holloway on Mad Men). I would also argue that Bane is not brute force, or, at least that is not how he is portrayed throughout most of the film. At the end it is revealed that Talia was the mastermind behind the coup, but that is not until near the end. Therefore, Bane is viewed as the one pulling all the strings throughout most of the movie. But you know, I may have been fine with how they handled Bane's death were it not for the fact that it was virtually ignored. I realize that Batman was running out of time to stop the bomb, but Bane menaced both Batman and Gotham for much of the movie and there is no reflection by the characters that he has been defeated. Also, I found Bane difficult to understand at times.

Gosh...I would've loved to have seen Michael Emerson as the Riddler...

I just hope that they leave the series. No revisiting it.

Its complete and ended well.

And I hope some big company doesnt reboot it within the next 5 years. Wait at least a decade for another batman movie.

But I must say, I'm looking forward to Superman. Nolan, Snyder...Crowe, Costner....

Should be a dandy. Hopefully.

Regardless, The Dark Knight Rises was a fantastic piece of art, and the series was a masterpiece.

just got home from seeing it. Personally, I liked the Avengers movie a LOT more... in fact, I'd even put Thor and Captain America above it (which also means I'd put both Iron Man movies above this one.) But I will admit that it's my view, and a lot of others will disagree.

I would say this was slightly better than "Begins" but not nearly as good as TDK. I dunno, maybe it's because about halfway into the movie I was wanting more Catwoman or Bane or Gordon or... well almost anyone but Bruce/Batman.

But don't let that deter you from seeing it... it's still a good movie and it has some great parts to it.

Meh...it was okay...I went in the movie with really high expecations...I definitely liked the Avengers wayyyy more...and I personally think the 2nd Batman movie was the best one. Just my 2 cents...I'm sure many people will disagree lol.

Meh...it was okay...I went in the movie with really high expecations...I definitely liked the Avengers wayyyy more...and I personally think the 2nd Batman movie was the best one. Just my 2 cents...I'm sure many people will disagree lol.

Archived